Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Electronic Parking Brake
Louie

RE: Electronic Parking Brake

(05-03-2013 09:42am)speary Wrote:  Very occasionally mine will not release when pulling away, if I push the clutch in again and then pull away it releases. Remember that it will only auto release in 1st or reverse contrary to what the manual says

Thanks Speary,

That is how i solve the problem. Shouldn't need to though.

Louie.

Pure SD4 Firenze Red, manual with tech pack, pano roof, auto dimming rear view mirror, xenons & fogs
Delivered Very HappyVery Happy[/font]
05-03-2013 08:51pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
speary

(05-03-2013 08:51pm)Louie Wrote:  Thanks Speary,

Louie.

I know it shouldn't but it only happens occasionally. Still I have added it to my list of stuff for when it goes in for service on the 14th

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
06-03-2013 07:10pm
Louie

(05-03-2013 08:51pm)Louie Wrote:  Thanks Speary,

Louie.

Speary,

I will be most interested to see what the garage says about the problem to see if they can fix it. Which dealer are you taking it to?

Louie

Pure SD4 Firenze Red, manual with tech pack, pano roof, auto dimming rear view mirror, xenons & fogs
Delivered Very HappyVery Happy[/font]
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2013 07:14pm by Louie.)
06-03-2013 07:13pm
Buckieloon

(04-03-2013 07:29pm)Louie Wrote:  Hi,

I have been having problems with my EPB for the last six months in that it does not automatically release sometimes when pulling away.

I have a manual Pure and have now done 23.5K miles.

The car has been into my local dealer Stratstones on three occasions. I booked the car in for them to have a look but could not find anything. I then had my first service and told them again, again could not find anything so i told them to keep the car for a few days to see what they could find and they fitted a new switch on the clutch. Low and behold a couple of weeks later it starts again so i book the car in again. So they had the car again for three days but said that they cannot find the problem when connected to the diagnostics, because its an intermittent fault not registering on the system they cannot do anything with the problem. They have raised a Technical query with Land Rover.

Land Rover Customer Services rang me this morning following up on last weeks debacle and they confirmed the same thing, unless it shows up with a fault code they cannot do anything. When i suggested that surely Stratsones could just replace the relevant component parts which you have identified above i was told Land Rover would not re-imburse them because there was no fault code. I then mentioned Not Fit for Purpose and was told i should return to the dealer and reject the car. I could not believe what i was being told, Customer Service my Ar*e.

Before i go down the route of rejecting the car i was wondering whether anybody else had a similar problem or advice.

Help, a most disgruntled Evoque driver.

By the way is the Eco Function supposed to work or is some kind of advertising hype as that only works once in a blue moon.

Louie

EvilEvilEvil

Louie

I have had similar problems with EPB and again have taken it into Town and County (now Peter Vardy) on numerous ocassions. They could not find a fault either. We now have a massive vibration issue with the car, we have tried to go down the "rejection" routeas the car is not fit for purpose but have been told that because the car is more than a year old we cannot simly reject it now!!! The car has been back and forth to the dealer since it a couple of months old.

We also had problems with the Eco function, that does seem to have been repaired but apparently it won't work below 5 degrees C. So we'll get a couple of months usage in the UK!!

Customer Service is non-existent, either at the dealer or with Land Rover UK

So, I, like you, am a very disgruntled Evoque customer!!
13-03-2013 07:37am
cjfp

Related ? - new(ish) on Topix

LTB00532 - Hill Start Assist Applied During Low Speed Manoeuvres

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
13-03-2013 08:27am
speary

(06-03-2013 07:13pm)Louie Wrote:  
Speary,

I will be most interested to see what the garage says about the problem to see if they can fix it. Which dealer are you taking it to?

Louie

Williams Manchester

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
13-03-2013 09:40am