Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Electronic Parking Brake
speary

RE: Electronic Parking Brake

Just checekd mine again last night. If it is on a gentle slope then it doest hold the car and i roll back which is crap. If the gradient is big enough for me to roll back then the hill hold should work, not just when it is a "steep" ish gradient Crying

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
18-04-2012 08:51am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

(18-04-2012 08:51am)speary Wrote:  Just checekd mine again last night. If it is on a gentle slope then it doest hold the car and i roll back which is crap. If the gradient is big enough for me to roll back then the hill hold should work, not just when it is a "steep" ish gradient Crying

So far, I haven't found a slope steep enough to notice a free-wheeling movement but which the brake hold won't work. Maybe I've just been lucky!

However, what baffles me is how automatic Evoques can roll in the opposite direction to which gear is selected anyway. All other automatic cars I've had hold their position in gear. Without the brake hold facility engaged (for example, if you wait too long), my Evoque rolls freely as if it were in neutral.
18-04-2012 09:17am
Wired

(18-04-2012 09:17am)Donny Dog Wrote:  However, what baffles me is how automatic Evoques can roll in the opposite direction to which gear is selected anyway. All other automatic cars I've had hold their position in gear. Without the brake hold facility engaged (for example, if you wait too long), my Evoque rolls freely as if it were in neutral.

I have the Automatic and your right, it only goes backward when you select R, but I like it that way Laughing

SD4 Automatic Prestige BALTIC BLUE - 5 DOOR - 19" wheels - Xeons - Tech pack - winter pack - Pano roof
18-04-2012 05:21pm
Donny Dog

(18-04-2012 05:21pm)Wired Wrote:  I have the Automatic and your right, it only goes backward when you select R, but I like it that way Laughing

??? What I said was that it rolls in the opposite direction to the gear you're in, for example, if you're attempting to reverse uphill, it will roll forward downhill if the brake hold is not engaged.
18-04-2012 05:30pm
pugracer

(18-04-2012 05:21pm)Wired Wrote:  I have the Automatic and your right, it only goes backward when you select R, but I like it that way Laughing

+1 Laughing

[Image: 116845.png]
Range Rover Evoque - Pure, 5-Door, Si4, Auto, Fuji White/Cirrus
Lotus Elise
Peugeot 206 GTi
22-04-2012 03:31pm
cambel

how to release the emergency parking brake after jumpstarting the car ?
27-01-2013 01:11pm
Misfit

I had a really cool demonstration of the passenger being able to bring the car to a controlled stop by pulling up & holding the EPB switch. No skidding or anything. The throttle is totally ignored, even if its flat to the floor. So I guess this will be useful if the driver gets into some sort of problem, but hopefully not something most of us would need to use or have our passengers use.

Santorini Black Dynamic SD4. Privacy glass, keyless entry, black headlining, spare wheel. Delete engine badge. Downgraded to style 5 wheels.
27-01-2013 05:34pm
doug

(27-01-2013 05:34pm)Misfit Wrote:  I had a really cool demonstration of the passenger being able to bring the car to a controlled stop by pulling up & holding the EPB switch. No skidding or anything. The throttle is totally ignored, even if its flat to the floor. So I guess this will be useful if the driver gets into some sort of problem, but hopefully not something most of us would need to use or have our passengers use.

This is a fact that I'm not telling my kids.
Daddy what happens if I pull this button. Travelling at speed Very Happy

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
27-01-2013 08:08pm
Louie

(14-04-2012 07:49pm)Land Rover Techy Wrote:  Hi
The EPB (electronic parking brake) is an electrically actuated system that operates the calipers on the rear brakes. The system consists of:

An EPB switch.
Two EPB actuators.
A clutch position sensor (manual transmission vehicles only).
An EPB module.
Two warning indicators.

The EPB is controlled by the EPB module, which uses the EPB actuators to apply and release the rear disc brakes. Operation of the EPB is initiated by the EPB switch and software within the EPB module.

Hi,

I have been having problems with my EPB for the last six months in that it does not automatically release sometimes when pulling away.

I have a manual Pure and have now done 23.5K miles.

The car has been into my local dealer Stratstones on three occasions. I booked the car in for them to have a look but could not find anything. I then had my first service and told them again, again could not find anything so i told them to keep the car for a few days to see what they could find and they fitted a new switch on the clutch. Low and behold a couple of weeks later it starts again so i book the car in again. So they had the car again for three days but said that they cannot find the problem when connected to the diagnostics, because its an intermittent fault not registering on the system they cannot do anything with the problem. They have raised a Technical query with Land Rover.

Land Rover Customer Services rang me this morning following up on last weeks debacle and they confirmed the same thing, unless it shows up with a fault code they cannot do anything. When i suggested that surely Stratsones could just replace the relevant component parts which you have identified above i was told Land Rover would not re-imburse them because there was no fault code. I then mentioned Not Fit for Purpose and was told i should return to the dealer and reject the car. I could not believe what i was being told, Customer Service my Ar*e.

Before i go down the route of rejecting the car i was wondering whether anybody else had a similar problem or advice.

Help, a most disgruntled Evoque driver.

By the way is the Eco Function supposed to work or is some kind of advertising hype as that only works once in a blue moon.

Louie

EvilEvilEvil

Pure SD4 Firenze Red, manual with tech pack, pano roof, auto dimming rear view mirror, xenons & fogs
Delivered Very HappyVery Happy[/font]
04-03-2013 07:29pm
speary

Very occasionally mine will not release when pulling away, if I push the clutch in again and then pull away it releases. Remember that it will only auto release in 1st or reverse contrary to what the manual says

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
05-03-2013 09:42am