Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Electric/Hybrid Evoque
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Electric/Hybrid Evoque

I've just been watching a program on C4 On Demand about the home of the future http://www.channel4.com/programmes/home-...od#3290489 that was set up recently in Rotherham and in the program they show the cars that the show's producers replaced the family's everyday cars with - a Mitsubishi i-EV and a Nissan Leaf. During program 2 in the series they show the No1 son looking into taking up a franchise to retro fit electric motors into cars and to become an electric recharging point and Hydrogen Fuel cell recharge point.

Now if Evoque had been an electric power or hybrid only car would you have been so enthusiastic to buy one?
Discuss!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 20-02-2012 11:15pm by XFullFatTim.)
20-02-2012 11:13pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Electric/Hybrid Evoque

Would be performance and price dependent.

What I don't get with electric cars is 'where do they think all this electricity is going to come from'?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
20-02-2012 11:16pm
XFullFatTim

well according to the program there are some new whizz technologies that utilise the power of the sun in the dessert regions that are currently producing more electricity a day than the whole world uses!!!! So those of you living in the south of England who will be living in a desert by next year should have unlimited electricity to power your electric cars! Just think of us poor folks up here who have had so much rainfall we don't know what to do with all the spare water, but don't see the sun too often!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 20-02-2012 11:51pm by XFullFatTim.)
20-02-2012 11:50pm
Asty

The Sahara is known to have enough solar energy falling on it to power the whole world's current consumption but harvesting, storing, and transmitting that capacity is a whole different concept. Oil can be put on ships and sent places but electricity needs new infrastructure. One day we'll get there and all our cars will be ready for it Smile

Arrived - Pure SD4 Mauritius Blue, tech pack.
21-02-2012 12:43am
slee18

Maybe if they put this on a larger scale would maybe a good option for electricity

I would be up for a hybrid for the full size RR

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
21-02-2012 02:27am
WB
WB

I would have been just as interested in an electric/hybrid evoque and who knows there may be one on the way?
21-02-2012 10:44am
Cedric

I think it would have made the car a lot more expensive. On the basis of that, I probably wouldn't have bought it. The Fisker has interesting technology. It was on Top Gear last weekend.
21-02-2012 03:32pm
fam1x

If the government put as much emphissis on electric cars back in the 60's when they went into bed with the oil companies. Today we all would be driving electric cars and the technology to support it. However it's not the case so the next 10years will be very interesting and I can see every in an electric car.

If there was a electric evoque I sure would get one Wink

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
21-02-2012 03:45pm
XFullFatTim

According to Top Gear last Sunday we had electric vehicles before we had internal combustion engined cars!

21-02-2012 05:11pm
stevehill

If we all went the electric route where would our greedy government get thier grubby hands on our cash from
Yep you got it charge another tax on electric
21-02-2012 05:30pm