Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Early deposit placers
lrdaft

Early deposit placers

Out of interest has every one that placed their deposits before feb this year received their cars
My deposit was on Jan rough spec given April full spec given July car received oct 7th

Pure sd4 auto Fuji cirrus
03-11-2011 10:24pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lrdaft

RE: Early deposit placers

Wow I thought I had a long wait ,not wanting to start all the xenon issue again but boy am I glad I did not tick that boxWink

Pure sd4 auto Fuji cirrus
03-11-2011 10:31pm
LP

Early deposit placers

I also placed a deposit in 2010 to secure an early delivery. Seems like that was a waste of time/money in hindsight.
03-11-2011 11:57pm
xxxx5

Order placed in March £2k deposit, I am still waiting, no confirmed built date yet. It's absolutely appauling.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
03-11-2011 11:59pm
mark_n

LR told Autocar the xenon problem is now solved but their grasp on truth and reality is tenuous at best. The whole thing of deposit taking and placing your order seems to count for nothing. Land Rover are indeed a shambolic company to buy from.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
04-11-2011 12:01am
Tokenbod

Paid deposit in April 2011, Order placed in Sept 2011, initial delivery date of Jan 2012, brought forward to Oct 2011, latest expected delivery Nov 2011.
Confused

Sd4 Prestige COLIMA LIME couture interior 3 door Wink
04-11-2011 12:08am
The Valeter

(04-11-2011 12:01am)mark_n Wrote:  LR told Autocar the xenon problem is now solved but their grasp on truth and reality is tenuous at best. The whole thing of deposit taking and placing your order seems to count for nothing. Land Rover are indeed a shambolic company to buy from.

I am giving Landrover a second chance buy buying the Evoque. I was speaking with a person from the Chief Executive's office 2 days ago just to get them to email my dealer the details of a monetry voucher I had been offered as the original sender of the email had left. I told him that I was giving them a second chance, he asked the problem & I said the service from Customer Services & Landrover Customer Relations was so bad I couldn't repeat the words I was spewing out at that time, I went on to state that at one point I was so angry with LRCS that I told them I would drive my FL2 to the factory gates, set fire to it & post it on Youtube. The reply I got at the time from LRCS to that remark was just a measily "That would be rather silly" But it would not have done them any favours had I done it!!
Problem I had with the 2 departments was being pushed from pillar to post, not getting return phone calls after being promised, technical department that couldn't answer technical or feature questions but worst of all be told lies & it was that bit that made me exceptionally angry! I just wish at that time I had recorded the phone calls....

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
04-11-2011 12:15am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Daigriff

Placed deposit 16th October 2010Sad

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
04-11-2011 12:19am
fam1x

I placed my order back in March with a deposit down, full spec went in July with a further deposit deliver date was Nov which has now moved to 19th Jan 2012. I dont think they actually know what is happening I heard from the dealer his had only 20 car in so far Sad

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
04-11-2011 12:46am
The Valeter

(04-11-2011 12:46am)fam1x Wrote:  I placed my order back in March with a deposit down, full spec went in July with a further deposit deliver date was Nov which has now moved to 19th Jan 2012. I dont think they actually know what is happening I heard from the dealer his had only 20 car in so far Sad

I spoke to a dealer this afternoon in SE London that had had only 20 Evoque's in so far.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
04-11-2011 12:49am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply