babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Early deposit placers - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Early deposit placers (/Thread-Early-deposit-placers)

Pages: 1 2 3

Early deposit placers - lrdaft - 03-11-2011 10:24pm

Out of interest has every one that placed their deposits before feb this year received their cars
My deposit was on Jan rough spec given April full spec given July car received oct 7th

RE: Early deposit placers - lrdaft - 03-11-2011 10:31pm

Wow I thought I had a long wait ,not wanting to start all the xenon issue again but boy am I glad I did not tick that boxWink

Early deposit placers - LP - 03-11-2011 11:57pm

I also placed a deposit in 2010 to secure an early delivery. Seems like that was a waste of time/money in hindsight.

RE: Early deposit placers - xxxx5 - 03-11-2011 11:59pm

Order placed in March £2k deposit, I am still waiting, no confirmed built date yet. It's absolutely appauling.

RE: Early deposit placers - mark_n - 04-11-2011 12:01am

LR told Autocar the xenon problem is now solved but their grasp on truth and reality is tenuous at best. The whole thing of deposit taking and placing your order seems to count for nothing. Land Rover are indeed a shambolic company to buy from.

RE: Early deposit placers - Tokenbod - 04-11-2011 12:08am

Paid deposit in April 2011, Order placed in Sept 2011, initial delivery date of Jan 2012, brought forward to Oct 2011, latest expected delivery Nov 2011.
Confused

RE: Early deposit placers - The Valeter - 04-11-2011 12:15am

(04-11-2011 12:01am)mark_n Wrote:  LR told Autocar the xenon problem is now solved but their grasp on truth and reality is tenuous at best. The whole thing of deposit taking and placing your order seems to count for nothing. Land Rover are indeed a shambolic company to buy from.

I am giving Landrover a second chance buy buying the Evoque. I was speaking with a person from the Chief Executive's office 2 days ago just to get them to email my dealer the details of a monetry voucher I had been offered as the original sender of the email had left. I told him that I was giving them a second chance, he asked the problem & I said the service from Customer Services & Landrover Customer Relations was so bad I couldn't repeat the words I was spewing out at that time, I went on to state that at one point I was so angry with LRCS that I told them I would drive my FL2 to the factory gates, set fire to it & post it on Youtube. The reply I got at the time from LRCS to that remark was just a measily "That would be rather silly" But it would not have done them any favours had I done it!!
Problem I had with the 2 departments was being pushed from pillar to post, not getting return phone calls after being promised, technical department that couldn't answer technical or feature questions but worst of all be told lies & it was that bit that made me exceptionally angry! I just wish at that time I had recorded the phone calls....

RE: Early deposit placers - Daigriff - 04-11-2011 12:19am

Placed deposit 16th October 2010Sad

RE: Early deposit placers - fam1x - 04-11-2011 12:46am

I placed my order back in March with a deposit down, full spec went in July with a further deposit deliver date was Nov which has now moved to 19th Jan 2012. I dont think they actually know what is happening I heard from the dealer his had only 20 car in so far Sad

RE: Early deposit placers - The Valeter - 04-11-2011 12:49am

(04-11-2011 12:46am)fam1x Wrote:  I placed my order back in March with a deposit down, full spec went in July with a further deposit deliver date was Nov which has now moved to 19th Jan 2012. I dont think they actually know what is happening I heard from the dealer his had only 20 car in so far Sad

I spoke to a dealer this afternoon in SE London that had had only 20 Evoque's in so far.