Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ECO BUTTON evoque 2014
Stadt Panzer

ECO BUTTON evoque 2014

Plus it only turns off if the outside temperature sensor is working properly.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
22-07-2015 08:28pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: ECO BUTTON evoque 2014

CONDITIONS PREVENTING AUTOMATIC ENGINE STOP
The engine will not automatically stop if:-
- the external temperature is below approximately 0°C (32°F)
- the external temperature is above approximately40°C (104°F)
- engine has not reached operating temperature
- driver’s seat belt is not fastened
- driver’s door is not fully closed
- the driver’s foot is on either the clutch or accelerator pedals
- climate control system demand is high
- battery charge is low
- the DPF is regenerating
- HDC or a Terrain Response special program are selected

Note: The stop/start system is disabled when a
trailer electrical connection is made.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 22-07-2015 10:31pm by PhilSkill.)
22-07-2015 10:29pm
markdartj

(22-07-2015 05:35pm)morey000 Wrote:  It will only work (i.e. the engine will only shut off), when the fan speed is set to 4 or below.

Nobody at my dealer knew this either.
Mine doesn't work with the fan and entertainment system completely off. Could it be that I have a bad battery?

2014 Fuji White Pure PremiumWink
27-07-2015 05:17pm
lr_evoque

(19-12-2014 11:02pm)badboy1412 Wrote:  Hi guys, i'm loving my evoque except one problem that keep annoying me. The eco button on my car worked 1-2 times when i first bought the car and then never work again. I took it to the dealer several time, they updated software,replace fuse box,..nothing seem to work. And then they told me "you know there are several conditions....blah blah blah". I read the manual and test every criteria in there,and still the car never turn off at stop. The weird thing is every time i brought it back from the dealer,it actually works 1-2 times and then stop. So i wonder is it just me or this is a common problem?

PS:i tested by turn off air conditioner,bluetooth...etc.Outside temp is 56 and the car has reached the working temp i supposed since i drove around for 15 minutes.

I have the same problem. It started around 5k km on my MY15 Pure Tech. I drive in traffic every day, 1 hr each way. I noticed that the ECO mode works once or twice for every 10 trips that I do. This means it will activate once during a trip and then nothing for another 10 or so trips. After I took it to the dealer, there did a software upgrade and gave me the same spiel "you know there are several conditions...."

I am taking it back for another look - the ECO mode is supposed to reduce fuel usage especially in traffic situations ... its not even working.

(22-07-2015 10:29pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  CONDITIONS PREVENTING AUTOMATIC ENGINE STOP
The engine will not automatically stop if:-
- the external temperature is below approximately 0°C (32°F)
- the external temperature is above approximately40°C (104°F)
- engine has not reached operating temperature
- driver’s seat belt is not fastened
- driver’s door is not fully closed
- the driver’s foot is on either the clutch or accelerator pedals
- climate control system demand is high
- battery charge is low
- the DPF is regenerating
- HDC or a Terrain Response special program are selected

Note: The stop/start system is disabled when a
trailer electrical connection is made.

On a daily basis none of the above apply to me, with the exception of DPF which I can smell from time to time. My ECO mode will engage once or twice every 10 or so traffic ridden trips.

(22-07-2015 11:27am)PhilSkill Wrote:  Mines just as unpredictable as ever since day 1, Forget about it, it's only a thing to get these cars through Tax Emissions Tests and bang the ECO sales drum with, the amount of fuel it saves in real world conditions is negligible, Turn it off and save the additional stresses on your crankshaft.

During my traffic driving I noticed about 1.5l to 2l / 100km difference when using the ECO mode and not using it. Ever since it stopped working my fuel efficiency went down.

2015 Range Rover Evoque Pure-Tech SD4
- Fuji White with Ebony Interior, ClearView Pack, HDD Navigation, Panoramic sunroof, Privacy glass
(This post was last modified: 23-09-2015 07:07am by lr_evoque.)
23-09-2015 07:01am
Clip

(23-09-2015 07:01am)lr_evoque Wrote:  During my traffic driving I noticed about 1.5l to 2l / 100km difference when using the ECO mode and not using it. Ever since it stopped working my fuel efficiency went down.
That is a massive difference. You must spend a LOT of time idling and not moving to make up that difference.
23-09-2015 01:14pm
lr_evoque

(23-09-2015 01:14pm)Clip Wrote:  That is a massive difference. You must spend a LOT of time idling and not moving to make up that difference.

Yup, one hour driving a distance of 10km and the 30min drving back. That's Sydney traffic for you.

- Fuji White with Ebony Interior, ClearView Pack, HDD Navigation, Panoramic sunroof, Privacy glass
23-09-2015 10:10pm
Clip

(23-09-2015 10:10pm)lr_evoque Wrote:  Yup, one hour driving a distance of 10km and the 30min drving back. That's Sydney traffic for you.
Ha, yes I understand. Used to take me an hour to get from Dee Why to Circular Key where I worked - and that was 20 years ago! I saw the light and moved north.
24-09-2015 12:59am
morey000

mine engine does shut off when I come to a stop. However- generally only for 15-20 seconds. Then it restarts to run the A/C. I've never have had it stay off for more than 25 seconds. Then again- I live in a pretty hot climate.
24-09-2015 04:18am
lr_evoque

I called the dealership mechanic today and tried to explain the problem as I see it with the ECO mode ... why are all mechanics so defensive ...

Any way he says "there are so many parameters that would cause the ECO mode not to work ... there is a A4 list long of reasons" blah blah He said that if my driving is start stop, then the battery has no time to charge hence the ECO mode does not engage.

So for the first 5k km it work flawlessly and now it stopped - why? Driving style has not changed ... also wouldn't the "battery" eventually charge with driving? So every 100km of city driving the ECO mode will engage once ... thats it.

It seems useless to me to have a feature in the car designed to save fuel when you are stopped in traffic and it doesn't work.

(24-09-2015 04:18am)morey000 Wrote:  mine engine does shut off when I come to a stop. However- generally only for 15-20 seconds. Then it restarts to run the A/C. I've never have had it stay off for more than 25 seconds. Then again- I live in a pretty hot climate.

I remember when my ECO mode worked in hot Australian summer it would only stay off for 15sec when the AC was on but when it was colder and the AC was not running or not much then the ECO mode would keep my engine off for more than 60 sec.

(24-09-2015 12:59am)Clip Wrote:  Ha, yes I understand. Used to take me an hour to get from Dee Why to Circular Key where I worked - and that was 20 years ago! I saw the light and moved north.

I want to move north too, just need to find a job Wink

(This post was last modified: 24-09-2015 08:03am by lr_evoque.)
24-09-2015 08:00am
lr_evoque

I just got my Evoque back from the LR Service. They told me that the reason for my ECO mode not working is because the DPF is unable to recycle so it keeps trying and trying. They told me that my DPF soot level was at 21%, this is after 6 months of city/traffic driving and weekend road trips. Apparently at 25% you you will get a warning on your dash and you need to take it to the dealer to get it manually regenerated for a fee? Does that sound right to anyone?

Seems that to get my ECO Function to work, I need to move to a less congested city and further away from my place of work. So what is the point of the ECO mode .... ?

01-10-2015 09:17am