Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ECO BUTTON evoque 2014
badboy1412

ECO BUTTON evoque 2014

Hi guys, i'm loving my evoque except one problem that keep annoying me. The eco button on my car worked 1-2 times when i first bought the car and then never work again. I took it to the dealer several time, they updated software,replace fuse box,..nothing seem to work. And then they told me "you know there are several conditions....blah blah blah". I read the manual and test every criteria in there,and still the car never turn off at stop. The weird thing is every time i brought it back from the dealer,it actually works 1-2 times and then stop. So i wonder is it just me or this is a common problem?

PS:i tested by turn off air conditioner,bluetooth...etc.Outside temp is 56 and the car has reached the working temp i supposed since i drove around for 15 minutes.
19-12-2014 11:02pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: ECO BUTTON evoque 2014

Sounds like mine... Works here and there, occasionally... I don't let it bother me!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
19-12-2014 11:56pm
JimWooly

The most likely reason for it working after leaving the dealers is because they have had a battery charger connected and so the battery is 100% charged.

I have found that if I have my BlackVue camera connected all of the time (24 hours a day) via a 'Battery Saver' device that my ECO does not work either especially if I don't use the car for a couple of days. The ECO remains off until I have fully charged the battery again.

[Image: 298252.png]
20-12-2014 12:02am
badboy1412

(20-12-2014 12:02am)JimWooly Wrote:  The most likely reason for it working after leaving the dealers is because they have had a battery charger connected and so the battery is 100% charged.

I have found that if I have my BlackVue camera connected all of the time (24 hours a day) via a 'Battery Saver' device that my ECO does not work either especially if I don't use the car for a couple of days. The ECO remains off until I have fully charged the battery again.

I suspected so so i did ask the dealer to maybe set the software so that it work even when battery not full. yet not working. I rather not have the button on my car than having an obsolete feature that not working.
20-12-2014 12:33am
PhilSkill

Certainly agree the dealers will likely have it on charge while servicing it, but although Battery charge is part of the inhibits in the system functioning and definitely does a make a difference, Mine will work almost from cold start after not being used for days and switch off at the next 5 stops, or I can drive 200 miles on motorways, get to the stop at the exit junction and it not work, It works so infrequently and in the strangest places that I can't fathom any obvious logic.

It would be useful if there was some indication when the conditions were right as it can catch me out when it does cut the engine.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
20-12-2014 01:45pm
Jeroma

I must admit, the first thing I do is switching it off, in my view a complete non sense, another anti pollution publicity gadget.
I just wonder if restarting the engine every 4 to5 minutes does do any good to fuel consumption and engine life.... ??

Evoque MY2014 ED4 Pure Tech in Aintree Green - Almond/Expresso, priv. glass, rear camera etc...
other cars in house: Renault Megane CC
1960 Triumph TR3A in BRG - on Webers
1970 Triumph TR6PI in jasmine on EFI
21-12-2014 01:34pm
JimWooly

(20-12-2014 01:45pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Certainly agree the dealers will likely have it on charge while servicing it, but although Battery charge is part of the inhibits in the system functioning and definitely does a make a difference, Mine will work almost from cold start after not being used for days and switch off at the next 5 stops, or I can drive 200 miles on motorways, get to the stop at the exit junction and it not work, It works so infrequently and in the strangest places that I can't fathom any obvious logic.

It would be useful if there was some indication when the conditions were right as it can catch me out when it does cut the engine.

I completely agree Phil.

I once experienced the illuminated dash with the dire warning of the battery being flat (Don't remember the exact wording) and so I tend to think that when the stop/start cuts in that my battery is in a good state of charge and everything is ok. When it does not operate for a while, I assume the previous warning is going to pop up again.

I would love to know the logic used in the operation of this system.

[Image: 298252.png]
21-12-2014 04:08pm
markdartj

Reported my non functioning stop/start to the dealer about the time of my one year service. They ordered a new battery junction box, which they said was the problem. After bringing my car back for the installation, they told me it worked fine. It didn't. Not from the first time I stopped to pull out of the dealership (yes, I had the radio off, the a/c off, etc) Still hasn't worked. Could it be I need a new battery? It's not a feature that I really care all that much about, but I did pay for it, and it doesn't work. I haven't called the dealer back yet, because it's a 100 mile round trip drive, so I'm waiting for next servicing to get this resolved. Annoying.

2014 Fuji White Pure PremiumWink
22-07-2015 01:23am
PhilSkill

Mines just as unpredictable as ever since day 1, Forget about it, it's only a thing to get these cars through Tax Emissions Tests and bang the ECO sales drum with, the amount of fuel it saves in real world conditions is negligible, Turn it off and save the additional stresses on your crankshaft.

22-07-2015 11:27am
morey000

It will only work (i.e. the engine will only shut off), when the fan speed is set to 4 or below.

Nobody at my dealer knew this either.
22-07-2015 05:35pm