RE: Dynamic with Prestige interior

apparently there was something fishy going on Confused
17-08-2011 02:02pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Shocked^^

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 17-08-2011 02:26pm by XFullFatTim.)
17-08-2011 02:25pm
Acwats

(16-08-2011 08:51pm)ant Wrote:  I tried to get a picture underneath today as it went over the axle twister, but it was too quick for me.
I'm pretty sure that the exhaust system is common, it's just the finishers that are different. .... but I am prepared to be corrected.
ANT

This may have been covered above and I'm not an engineer but though it worth sharing what I saw this morning

I followed a transporter on the M6 and on the back was a white dynamic with part of the rear bumper missing. It was on one side only and the piece of trim that was missing was the vertical section leading to the square finishet and the square exhaust finisher itself. This exposed an exhaust pipe that had a curved down end pipe suggesting that the square ports are decorative only and that the pipes blow to the ground under the car.

Hope this makes sense and helps. Sorry if it repeats something you already knew

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
17-08-2011 08:11pm
evoque_virgin

(17-08-2011 08:11pm)Acwats Wrote:  
(16-08-2011 08:51pm)ant Wrote:  I tried to get a picture underneath today as it went over the axle twister, but it was too quick for me.
I'm pretty sure that the exhaust system is common, it's just the finishers that are different. .... but I am prepared to be corrected.
ANT

This may have been covered above and I'm not an engineer but though it worth sharing what I saw this morning

I followed a transporter on the M6 and on the back was a white dynamic with part of the rear bumper missing. It was on one side only and the piece of trim that was missing was the vertical section leading to the square finishet and the square exhaust finisher itself. This exposed an exhaust pipe that had a curved down end pipe suggesting that the square ports are decorative only and that the pipes blow to the ground under the car.

Hope this makes sense and helps. Sorry if it repeats something you already knew

From the user manual this is where the towing cover is, from seeing many cars on transporters the tow eye is usually left open in case of flat battery etc when shipping cars round.

Regarding swapping interior, I would advise against this, after stripping out many interiors of my older cars breaking clips and wiring is an absolute pain.

I would much prefer two bumpers, the side claddings and at worse an exhaust swap that the risk of squeaks and rattles and gaps that aren't just quite right.

But each to their own Very Happy
17-08-2011 11:36pm
Ezandania

(17-08-2011 11:36pm)evoque_virgin Wrote:  I would much prefer two bumpers, the side claddings and at worse an exhaust swap that the risk of squeaks and rattles and gaps that aren't just quite right.

But each to their own Very Happy

You forgot the Aeroflip spoiler Smile

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
18-08-2011 05:12am
M30 EVO

(16-08-2011 09:42pm)evoque_virgin Wrote:  
(16-08-2011 07:57pm)Ezandania Wrote:  
(16-08-2011 07:06pm)evoque_virgin Wrote:  You need a new exhaust system to do this, I asked the question at one of the live events and apart from the front and rear bumpers, sides claddings and under sills, a new exhaust is also required at the prestige / pure has chrome tips on the end and do not fit over the square dynamics.

I thought those are just exhaust finishers, rather than a totally different exhaust system. If it had a totally different exhaust system, won't they be any power differences? If you see the breakdown of the Dynamic Kit, they didnt mention anything abt exhaust system, just exhaust finishers.

Yeah Ezan, when you actually look at the finishers there is some pretty hefty welding going on that change the end shape quite drastically.

The system actually is a single piece right to the header as well so its not like you can just get the back box section and swap that over.

Excuse for an aftermarket system though! Very Happy

Been doing a bit of digging on Microcat, and it would appear that the exhaust system is 'interchangeable' from the DPF back. ie. you would need the intermediate / rear section only which includes the rear silencer box and dynamic style finishers. Doubt it will be cheap, but still not as expensive as replacing the DPF etc.

On order: Dynamic SD4 Manual Coupe, Orkney Grey, Black Roof, Privacy Glass, Vortex Int, Ebony Headlining.

Delivery: Was 25/11/11, Currently 28/12/11..............
18-08-2011 07:41pm
evoque_virgin

(18-08-2011 07:41pm)M30 EVO Wrote:  
(16-08-2011 09:42pm)evoque_virgin Wrote:  
(16-08-2011 07:57pm)Ezandania Wrote:  
(16-08-2011 07:06pm)evoque_virgin Wrote:  You need a new exhaust system to do this, I asked the question at one of the live events and apart from the front and rear bumpers, sides claddings and under sills, a new exhaust is also required at the prestige / pure has chrome tips on the end and do not fit over the square dynamics.

I thought those are just exhaust finishers, rather than a totally different exhaust system. If it had a totally different exhaust system, won't they be any power differences? If you see the breakdown of the Dynamic Kit, they didnt mention anything abt exhaust system, just exhaust finishers.

Yeah Ezan, when you actually look at the finishers there is some pretty hefty welding going on that change the end shape quite drastically.

The system actually is a single piece right to the header as well so its not like you can just get the back box section and swap that over.

Excuse for an aftermarket system though! Very Happy

Been doing a bit of digging on Microcat, and it would appear that the exhaust system is 'interchangeable' from the DPF back. ie. you would need the intermediate / rear section only which includes the rear silencer box and dynamic style finishers. Doubt it will be cheap, but still not as expensive as replacing the DPF etc.

Ah! Seems a good work around then.
18-08-2011 07:54pm