Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dynamic, Prestige or Dyn-ige?
brianthedog

When I first considered an Evoque I thought I wanted a Prestige but was not then ready to order. In the end I ordered a Cayenne but after a further rethink (we decided to run just one car) I cancelled that for an Evoque.

When I was speccing again I really wanted the shadowline wheels so I started with those and ended up deciding I wanted a grey/black Dynamic, partly as I was a little concerned about the ride on 20" wheels and wanted magnaride but mainly to get the grill and mirrors to match the roof.

The trade-off was obviously the interior which I thought looked fine. I knew also that the drivers seat was not as good as the Prestige but I thought it too would be fine. I did not realise that it would not tilt (at all) however.

As soon as I had my car the seat - in particular the lack of it's ability to tilt - was my main gripe. I could just not find a comfortable position, there was a slight feeling of sliding forward on the seat plus the side bolsters digging in (both moaned about elsewhere on this forum - it's not just me) meant I was just not comfortable driving and almost immediately started thinking about what I would be replacing the car with.

However there was a production fault on one of my panels, the panel needed replacing and after two months of driving I was offered a new car.
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Productio...on+problem - post 17

Thanks to this forum I knew that the Premium Interior pack was now an option so, despite my salesman's ignorance to it's existence and the ridiculously expensive £2850 (plus £250 for the advised ebony headliner if you choose ebony leather), I added it.

I would never have gone for that if I had not run a standard Dynamic for two months first [/b]but I think it is important to point out to those ordering that you really need to be very sure you are happy with the drivers seat. If I had more sense I should have ordered a Prestige but I loved the look of the Dynamic too much to change it. So, for over £3000 I got the same seats(!) but with better leather and the ability to tilt, some leather on the dash and that's it!

The change to the interior is subtle - I initially thought they had forgotten to add it when I opened the door of the new car - but, for me, it makes a surprising difference to the feel of the car. The standard Dynamic interior is fine but the 'Prestige' interior does make it feel more luxurious and more like a small Range Rover rather than a sporty Land Rover.

However the main difference now is that it makes me happy. I was beaming when I drove it home - I am finally comfortable when driving. I now love it instead of just quite liking it and I no longer have any thoughts of replacement.

Very Happy

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr in Orkney with Ebony, Black Contrast roof
Pan Roof, Premium interior pack, Park Assist, Shadow Chrome Wheels, Roof Rails
09-02-2013 07:43am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
broady43

RE: Dynamic, Prestige or Dyn-ige?

I am glad you finally got what you want and can now start enjoying the car.I find the seat comfortable on my pure but then again every person is a different shape!

5 door Pure sd4 Tech Fuji with black roof, tinted windows, ebony seats, style 4 alloys, xenons, fogs,black grille.
Arrived 29/03/2012.
09-02-2013 11:55am
LDT

I envy you! I so wish I could have ordered a Dynamic (prefer the exterior) with the premium interior pack, but when I purchased this was not an option.

Great that you are pleased with the outcome.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
09-02-2013 12:43pm
EpicEvo

I test drove a prestige and ordered a pure... Didn't see any difference myself. Love my seats Smile
09-02-2013 01:49pm
Evo-king

I suppose in reverse you could have ordered a Prestige, opted for AD and added the body bits.

Not sure how that would compare cost wise.

Not that it matters now because you are happy with your new car.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
09-02-2013 03:20pm
scrannel

We don't get the "upgraded" seating option on the Dynamic in the USA. When I went shopping the dealer had a Prestige in the middle of the show room and, honestly when I sat in it, I was disappointed as it had that sort of stodgy "Ye Olde" English car ambiance. But then I sat in the Dynamic and loved the imaginative use of color and materials. And I found it to be very comfortable. BTW, my seats do tilt.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
09-02-2013 03:44pm
brianthedog

(09-02-2013 03:44pm)scrannel Wrote:  We don't get the "upgraded" seating option on the Dynamic in the USA. When I went shopping the dealer had a Prestige in the middle of the show room and, honestly when I sat in it, I was disappointed as it had that sort of stodgy "Ye Olde" English car ambiance. But then I sat in the Dynamic and loved the imaginative use of color and materials. And I found it to be very comfortable. BTW, my seats do tilt.

Interesting that US Dynamic seats do now tilt, my UK MY13 did not.

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Raise-til...tilt+seats
From the above it does seem to be something new. Maybe JLR pays attention to this forum!

There can only be a few £'s difference in the cost of manufacture anyway and, like the auto dimming rear view mirror, IMHO the tilty seats really should be standard on such 'luxury' cars.

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr in Orkney with Ebony, Black Contrast roof
Pan Roof, Premium interior pack, Park Assist, Shadow Chrome Wheels, Roof Rails
10-02-2013 01:21am
scrannel

I should have said my DRIVER'S seat tilts. Passenger does not. Not sure what the story is from market to market. Since we cannot get the Plus version of the Dynamic Interior here, it's all very mysterious. We can get the wood and brushed aluminum trim, but not the Cosmonaut seats nor leather dash (neither of which I wanted). As some pointed out on that post, they got the 6-way seat listed in the manual, but the tilt button would not function... followed by the usual excuses from their dealer. Anyway, glad we're all comfy now!

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2013 05:14am by scrannel.)
10-02-2013 04:30am