Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Raise/tilt front of seat
fixmdude

Raise/tilt front of seat

The Evoque Pure Plus does not have the option to raise the front of the seat up, which means raising the seat up only raises the back and pivots the seat forward. For a tall person that means you have no leg room with the seat "up" or "down" because the seat is too low or too forward. Also the side bolsters dig into your thighs without of the ability to raise the front middle section up to even out the seat.

To get a seat that tilts up in front I guess you have to buy the Dynamic or Presitige. The dealer would not switch out the seat for me since I had a Pure Plus. That makes this car less comfortable to drive than the Scion iQ. (That tiny car really has geat seating position!)

Anyway, I would be ever so greatful if someone could inform me of a way to upgrade the seat to one that has that option. Thank you.
21-03-2012 09:48am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Raise/tilt front of seat

Ask your dealer's parts department to order you the seat you want as an accessory. I'm not sure who makes the seats for the Evoque. Other option is to contact Nick@Landrover with a PM and ask her how you order a different seat. Nik can be contacted through this thread or by PM http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Hi-Everyone

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 21-03-2012 10:28am by XFullFatTim.)
21-03-2012 10:27am
Thumper

(21-03-2012 09:48am)fixmdude Wrote:  To get a seat that tilts up in front I guess you have to buy the Dynamic or Presitige.

My dynamic is fully loaded and my seat doesn't tilt front and back. Is this even an option?

By the way... I feel like I am tilted forward all of the time which is very annoying. I would love to lift the front of the seat up 1". It was one of the first questions I asked the salesperson at delivery and he said they don't have the option.

Luvin' every minute of if it!!!
(This post was last modified: 22-03-2012 03:30am by Thumper.)
22-03-2012 03:27am
chiggy

you need to order the memory seats for the thigh support that you are talking about and I'm sure its available on the pure. Memory seats including the electronic adjustment for your seats which includes the thigh support (which is what I think you're talking about) adjustment.

If you already have got the car... not entirely sure how much more can be done as it would be quite expensive to replace the seats entirely.

Did you test drive a pure before you got yours?

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
22-03-2012 03:31am
fixmdude

(22-03-2012 03:31am)chiggy Wrote:  you need to order the memory seats for the thigh support that you are talking about and I'm sure its available on the pure. Memory seats including the electronic adjustment for your seats which includes the thigh support (which is what I think you're talking about) adjustment.

If you already have got the car... not entirely sure how much more can be done as it would be quite expensive to replace the seats entirely.

Did you test drive a pure before you got yours?

No, I have Memory seats. The Manual says that the Evoque has 8 way seats. The details of the Prestige at the dealer says that it has 8 way seats. The Pure Plus with Memory seats says it only has 6 way seats. I did test drive it but not for a few hours of highway driving which is what it takes to really learn all of the details of a car. I didn't expect the manual to be misleading.
In the manual, the bottom seat switch moves 3 different ways. Front to back, the rear portion of the switch moves up and down, and the front portion of the switch moves up and down. The front of my seat switch is stationary. I took it back to the dealer and he said that option is not available for my model car. I have all possible options available on the Pure Plus except the bigger rims and rear entertainment.
(22-03-2012 03:27am)Thumper Wrote:  My dynamic is fully loaded and my seat doesn't tilt front and back. Is this even an option?

By the way... I feel like I am tilted forward all of the time which is very annoying. I would love to lift the front of the seat up 1". It was one of the first questions I asked the salesperson at delivery and he said they don't have the option.

You understand what I'm saying, if you lift the seat up it tilts forward. The only way to tilt it back is to drop the back of the seat down... and then the seat is too low. Maybe only the Prestige lets you lift the front up, if your Dynamic doesn't. Horrible oversight by Range Rover since it makes a huge difference on how much taller people will be able to like the car.
I'm attaching the page from the manual. Motion #6, seat tilt, is missing from the Pure Plus in the U.S., maybe it's there in the UK, I don't know. #4 seat raise and lower is misleading in the manual because it says it raises the seat up but it actually tilts the seat forward which raises the back of the seat up and forward while the front of the seat stays low and you feel like you are sliding forward. To add to the problem, the floor of the Evoque slants forward so with every bump you can slide into the pedals and have to scoot back into the seat again. I took it back to the dealer and said #6 on the swtich was broken, he said it isn't meant to move, it just doesn't come with my model. No mention of that difference on the Range Rover build-it website before purchase.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 22-03-2012 12:58pm by fixmdude.)
22-03-2012 03:56am
chiggy

Ahhh I understand what you mean now. Wasn't aware you had the memory seats.

I hope you find a solution!

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
22-03-2012 04:27am
slee18

It was mentioned in the brochure that Prestige had 8 way power seats and 6 way power on passenger seat. Rest of the packages only had 6 way driver and 4 way passenger seats. It will probably need a lower seat assembly to replaced with a prestige assembly to get full motion.

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
22-03-2012 07:53pm
fixmdude

I replied to my dealer's letter appreciating my business and assuring me that if there was anything more I needed to be a happy customer to let them know. I asked for the dealer to install the parts needed to make the seat become 8-way, I was ready to pay a couple thousand if needed.

I was called today by the dealership and told that it would take a whole new seat and that the car's internal wiring would have to be replaced to deliver the greater amount of power needed. (bull, only one motor runs at a time) I was told that the wiring harness doesn't have enough wires so the car would have to be rewired with the Prestige package ontop of getting a new seat, which he said would cost $6,000 to $10,000! I asked him if he realized how insane what he was saying was: $10,000 to replace a seat? He said, No. I replied that buying the car was a mistake. He then tried to sell me a Prestige. I said I wouldn't buy one from him. He hung up on me.

On the way home I stopped at my local GM dealer and traded in my Pure Plus for a Cadillac SRX Performance as an even trade (Evoque sticker $50,700 down to SRX sticker $48k, their own price is $46k). The seat moves in every way. You can even adjust the seat bottom longer forward to make the seat deeper! I never saw that before, not only does the bottom tillt up but the front expands out up to behind your knees if you want. The floor pedals also adjust up and down. It has smart remote start that turns on the air or heat. 308 horse power. I can get the oil changed anywhere without driving 50 miles to a dealer. I can have heated seats and steering wheel without interfering with the tollway pass. The rear seats actually fit people. The navigation is actually usable. It has an analog and large digital speedometer. The full glass roof actually opens (not that I cared about that one.) The magnetic controlled ride is included (nice)! The floor doesn't slant forward so I can set my foot straight down while on cruise without twisting my ankle. An iPhone App can run diagnostics and can remote start the car from anywhere. The list goes on. I had looked at an SRX before and made the wrong choice based on Evoque's great online reviews and great looks. The poor dealer service was the last straw for me. If I could service it locally, or had a better dealer, I probably wouldn't have given up on it. Chalk this one up to a lesson learned.
(This post was last modified: 24-03-2012 04:11am by fixmdude.)
22-03-2012 11:39pm
bogstomper

This has come up before I think (http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Drivers-S...#pid21313) - from memory I think the answer was that the Prestige has 8 way adjustment (i.e. the front can also be raised and lowered) but the Dynamic 'only' 6 way...
23-03-2012 12:52am
slee18

I wouldn't buy a cadillac to save my life. Rather get the Audi Q5 or Lexus RX350 for better performance or technology then the SRX. SRX wasn't on my top 10 of vehicles to buy ironically Subaru Legacy and Nissan Pathfinder ranked before an SRX. But hey you got what you wanted enjoy your new ride

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
23-03-2012 03:04am