Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dynamic Plus Seat ref - iPad holders
Alex

Dynamic Plus Seat ref - iPad holders

Hello

I have not posted here for a while, but I have had my Dynamic for just over two years now, and when purchasing we chose the Dynamic Plus sport seats. Since then we have had twins (boy and a girl) and we have realised that the seats are limiting in terms of adding any covers to protect the rear or even adding an iPad holder to keep them both occupied on long trips.

Any ideas, advice or suggestions:

1) iPad holders that could be customised to attach to the rear of the dynamic plus sport seats? Looks like most of the holders are designed to attach to the standard head rest poles for which the sports do not have. I wasn't sure if anyone knew of iPad holders that could be attached via straps through the sport seat head rest holes/gaps.

2) Does anyone know if protection covers have been designed to attach to the rear of the sport seats?

3) Can you swap the sports seats for standard seats or entertainment seating as part of an after product option?

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
26-12-2013 10:47am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Dynamic Plus Seat ref - iPad holders

Rather than the standard Dynamic seats you might be able to buy a pair of the premium pack seats to match the rear seats - IIRC they have the same head restraint
posts as the standard seats so you can attach the iPad holders to them without loosing all the memory and adjustment functions of the Plus seats. I would imagine they will be as pricey to buy as the plus seats though but a dealership should be able to source them for you.

Regarding the Plus pack seat covers, I have been trying since September 2011 to get a set, I have tried the covers for the SVX Defender that has seats that look very similar to the Plus pack seats but those covers won't fit over them, I tired a set from the Jaguar F Type V8S/C and the XF which both have options of very similar looking front seats but they won't fit either. The only seat covers I have ever found are the ones that the car leaves the factory with to protect the seats from transporter driver's dirty clothes! They fit perfectly but are not very durable and most dealers seem to just throw them away, LPR who supplied my car kindly kept my set of covers for me, but all other attempts to get a tailored seat cover to fit the Plus pack seats has failed, I resorted to using the gortex covers I bought in 1996 for my Disco1 when I have needed seat covers for the Evoque, they don't fit very well but they do go over the seats and are very loose, but at least they protect them from wet and dirt.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
26-12-2013 05:45pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply