Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dynamic / MagneRide worth it?
CharlieBravo

Dynamic / MagneRide worth it?

Hello everyone, my heart is set on an Evoque Coupe Dynamic and I'm ready to finally purchase or special order one. However, I've hit a snag.

LR is currently not offering the Dynamic in Coupe form currently in the USA for 2016. The website doesn't show it, and dealership build inquiries to the factory confirmed this. (Maybe I can get a secondary confirmation from a LR official on this site?)

I think this is obviously poor choice and have suspicion that it is market related, or they're banking on the 'coupe crowd' to select the convertible to generate sales.

This is frustrating as I see I can build exactly what I want on multiple European websites.

So my choices remain: 1) wait and see, 2) accept it and get what I want in the four door version, or 3) get the Coupe sans Dynamic benefits.

I would love some opinions from those with the Dynamic (MagneRide suspension) who either think it's worth it, or it was a waste of your money.

About me: I am one who enjoys sporty rides even in my suv's where I'll usually add or increase stiffness of any sway bars to reduce body roll, which led me to the Dynamic in the first place. (Also, I am not interested in the convertible)

I appreciate any thoughts. Thanks.
CB
19-12-2015 04:51pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bee

RE: Dynamic / MagneRide worth it?

(19-12-2015 04:51pm)CharlieBravo Wrote:  Hello everyone, my heart is set on an Evoque Coupe Dynamic and I'm ready to finally purchase or special order one. However, I've hit a snag.

LR is currently not offering the Dynamic in Coupe form currently in the USA for 2016. The website doesn't show it, and dealership build inquiries to the factory confirmed this. (Maybe I can get a secondary confirmation from a LR official on this site?)

I think this is obviously poor choice and have suspicion that it is market related, or they're banking on the 'coupe crowd' to select the convertible to generate sales.

This is frustrating as I see I can build exactly what I want on multiple European websites.

So my choices remain: 1) wait and see, 2) accept it and get what I want in the four door version, or 3) get the Coupe sans Dynamic benefits.

I would love some opinions from those with the Dynamic (MagneRide suspension) who either think it's worth it, or it was a waste of your money.

About me: I am one who enjoys sporty rides even in my suv's where I'll usually add or increase stiffness of any sway bars to reduce body roll, which led me to the Dynamic in the first place. (Also, I am not interested in the convertible)

I appreciate any thoughts. Thanks.
CB

well I have a dynamic and previously a pure tech without dynamic mode. in my opinion the dynamic mode is great. even though I don't use it much. Cool

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
19-12-2015 05:22pm
Steve D

Same here. If you like sporty rides, the Dynamic is for you.

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
19-12-2015 06:01pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I have had 2 RRE Dynamics and reckonned I could not notice any harshness/ sportiness in mine until I drove a Prestige without Magneride/Dynamic mode............. the Magenride gives a slightly firmer ride but almsot kills any body roll. Also if you press the Dynamic button on the TR the reation time for Magneride is reduced further and the steering weights up. You will not notice a tad of difference driving a dynamic on smooth fast highways, but take your Dynamic equipped Evoque (and RRS2 and FFRR L405) onto some really twisty slightly rough roads and apply Dynamic mode you will feel quite a change and evrything firms up and the car feels even better planted on the road. I find the change even more noticable in my RRS2 which rides on air bags rather than Magneride struts, it really firms the ride but some much that it gets anything like an Audi Sportline car! Don't forget that if you opt for Magneride/ Dynamic then the Magneride is working ALL the time and just works harder when you press the Dynamic mode button.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 21-12-2015 03:45pm by XFullFatTim.)
19-12-2015 11:36pm
benzina

I also have the Dynamic with the Magneride option and love it!!! When the magneride is in normal mode, it simply delivers a superior big car ride then an Evoque without this suspension option (important because this is a relatively short wheelbase car)..... then when you press the button for the dynamic mode, the handling around corners becomes amazing!! Really quite exciting to drive, so much sharper, with minimum body roll, but ride is definitely firmer yet not uncomfortable.
Looking inside many Evoque's i see around, i always check to see if they have this option, by seeing wether or not the symbol is showing in the Terrain response buttons of the centre console.....most do NOT have it, and i just feel they have really missed out on an option that makes for superior ride and handling.
Worth it? ABSOLUTELY!!!

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 29-12-2015 01:22am by benzina.)
20-12-2015 01:21am
CharlieBravo

Thanks everyone. That confirms what I originally thought. I'm sure I would enjoy a non Dynamic, but I'll put my focus on obtaining a Dynamic for all the benefits and fun you've talked about.

So that leaves me with option 1 & 2 remaining. Wait and see if they offer the Dynamic Coupe again (LR marketing anyone?) or go with the 'practicality' of the 4door version.

Most likely I'll be swinging by a dealership around the new year to discuss and test drive some more.

CB

Obviously if anyone has any information on how long I would have to wait that would also be appreciated.

I'd hate to acquire a 4door version just to see them roll out with exactly what I wanted in the first place.
(This post was last modified: 20-12-2015 05:15pm by CharlieBravo.)
20-12-2015 05:11pm
Good shot

(20-12-2015 05:11pm)CharlieBravo Wrote:  Thanks everyone. That confirms what I originally thought. I'm sure I would enjoy a non Dynamic, but I'll put my focus on obtaining a Dynamic for all the benefits and fun you've talked about.

So that leaves me with option 1 & 2 remaining. Wait and see if they offer the Dynamic Coupe again (LR marketing anyone?) or go with the 'practicality' of the 4door version.

Most likely I'll be swinging by a dealership around the new year to discuss and test drive some more.

CB

Obviously if anyone has any information on how long I would have to wait that would also be appreciated.

I'd hate to acquire a 4door version just to see them roll out with exactly what I wanted in the first place.

The question to me would be why bother with a coupe? Four doors are great.

Last 2013 SD4 Auto, Prestige, Pano, Firenze Red. Loving the USB shuffle.
20-12-2015 09:08pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Not everyone needs 4 /5 doors! Also the Coupe was originally going to be the only version and the "family" version was an after thought to the LRX.......... I've had both and TBH i preferred the looks of the Coupe BUT I rarely needed to use the rear seats, my 2nd one was a 5 door and those that did use the rear seats reckonned that it wasn't that difficult to get into the back of the coupe............ my rear seat passengers are also in their late 80's so not the most agile of passengers! Rear seat passengers in the Coupe were always surprised that it was just as roomy in the back seats as in the 5 door version, just a little harder to get into them. One thing vtha was agree on by all rear seat passengers in the coupe was that it would not have been so pleasant back there if I had not had the panoramic roof.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
21-12-2015 03:51pm
Steve D

(19-12-2015 11:36pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  .........Don't forget that if you opt for Magneride/ Dynamic then the Magneride is working ALL the time and just works harder when you press the Dynamic mode button.
Well, never knew that. I thought it was just 'normal' suspension until you hit the button.

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
22-12-2015 08:49am
CharlieBravo

Agreed about the looks of the Coupe, plus I would enjoy thinking that I drove the concept right off the show floor.

Don't get me wrong, the 4door version is still slick, but looking at them side by side (2015 brochure) the slightly reduced roofline in the rear just gives it that more aerodynamic wow factor for me.

I will be tempted by the 4door in the next few days since that's my only choice it seems. Received another email from LR North America yesterday stating that the 2016 Coupe only comes in SE Premium. No statement as to why they decided to change for this year, or if it's going to continue to 2017 as well. Maybe Pete@LR (or others with inside knowledge) can chime in? If I knew that things would go back to normal for 2017 I'd just wait it out.
22-12-2015 04:40pm