Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dyanmic vs. Pure
tccm1123

Dyanmic vs. Pure

I live in the USA and am TREMENDOUSLY frustrated with the options available for the Dynamic vs. the Pure. Specifically, I like the Pure exterior (with the exception of the exhaust, which I prefer in the Dynamic styling); however, I prefer the Dynamic interior. I actually think the black and silver lower side plates on the Pure Premium make the vehicle look sleek and sporty, whereas the Dynamic just looks like it could be a small Grand Cherokee or something without this design detail. Ultimately, I want a Dynamic Coupe with the exterior styling of the Pure. However, if this is not possible, I'm considering just going with the Pure Coupe. I'm interested in knowing anyone's thoughts on the quality of the Pure interior, because that will essentially be the only sacrifice that I will be making in going with the Pure vs. the Dynamic.
09-04-2013 12:47pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
scrannel

RE: Dyanmic vs. Pure

Well, over here you know we cannot get the "Lux" interior on the Dynamic. So my Dynamic is leather + recycled diapers (the "pursuit" interior). I do have the black wood accents. But that's as far as you can go. The Pure Plus may be different. But can't you go have a look at your dealer? Also, check little things like seat adjustment options etc.

I also preferred the "sleeker" styling (lower black-outs) of the non-Dynamic. But, since MagneRide was only avail on Dynamic that was the swing vote for me. Also, I really wanted the multicolor interior. I think, only avail on Dynamic over here. However, I will tell you, the look of the Dynamic has grown on me and everyone thinks it's great looking.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
09-04-2013 03:14pm
The Valeter

The leather & trim on a Pure is of exactly the same grade as a Dynamic - well it is in the UK. I had a Dynamic Lux & now have a Pure Tech & I actually love my Pure interior.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
09-04-2013 03:49pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tccm1123

(09-04-2013 03:14pm)scrannel Wrote:  Well, over here you know we cannot get the "Lux" interior on the Dynamic. So my Dynamic is leather + recycled diapers (the "pursuit" interior). I do have the black wood accents. But that's as far as you can go. The Pure Plus may be different. But can't you go have a look at your dealer? Also, check little things like seat adjustment options etc.

I also preferred the "sleeker" styling (lower black-outs) of the non-Dynamic. But, since MagneRide was only avail on Dynamic that was the swing vote for me. Also, I really wanted the multicolor interior. I think, only avail on Dynamic over here. However, I will tell you, the look of the Dynamic has grown on me and everyone thinks it's great looking.

YES! I'm TREMENDOUSLY frustrated that we are not able to get the "Lux" interior...UGGGHH! And, I REALLY want the ebony/pimento interior! Actually, I want ALL the perks of the Dynamic just with the Pure side details. Regarding the MagneRide, have you actually used this option much? When I first started looking into the Evoque, I thought, "Of course I want all the bells and whistles." But, as I researched this option a bit more, I just wasn't sure how much use I'd get out of it.
(09-04-2013 03:49pm)The Valeter Wrote:  The leather & trim on a Pure is of exactly the same grade as a Dynamic - well it is in the UK. I had a Dynamic Lux & now have a Pure Tech & I actually love my Pure interior.

Thanks!
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2013 06:22pm by tccm1123.)
09-04-2013 06:21pm
Trapdoor

MagnaRide is not an option that you can switch on or off. It is a wholesale replacement of the standard suspension of non-MagnaRide cars and as such gives a much more 'adaptive' ride over varying terrain, whereas the non-Mag suspension setup is a compromise across all terrain 'expectations'.

What you CAN switch on or off is the Adaptive Dynamics element of the system which basically when it's on firms everything up quite a bit - and makes the dials go red.

Having driven both, I'd opt for the 'with MangaRide' option every time, especially on the poor roads in the UK where the system seems to ride the car across potholes.

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
09-04-2013 10:20pm
tccm1123

(09-04-2013 10:20pm)Trapdoor Wrote:  MagnaRide is not an option that you can switch on or off. It is a wholesale replacement of the standard suspension of non-MagnaRide cars and as such gives a much more 'adaptive' ride over varying terrain, whereas the non-Mag suspension setup is a compromise across all terrain 'expectations'.

What you CAN switch on or off is the Adaptive Dynamics element of the system which basically when it's on firms everything up quite a bit - and makes the dials go red.

Having driven both, I'd opt for the 'with MangaRide' option every time, especially on the poor roads in the UK where the system seems to ride the car across potholes.

Thanks for the clarification! I was under the impression that all of the US-spec Evoques came with MagneRide as standard...Hmmm...I'll DEFINITELY have to do some more research! Thanks, again!
10-04-2013 06:45am
scrannel

In the UK, i believe, Magneride is an option on the Prestige and standard on the Dynamic. It's an OPTION ONLY in the USA on the Dynamic ONLY. As Trapdoor said, it's fantastic. Had it on my previous Corvette, and it transformed the car. Read more here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MagneRide

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
10-04-2013 02:59pm
tccm1123

So, I understand that MagneRide is only an option on the Dynamic; however, I also understand that typically one operates the vehicle in "normal" mode which renders the same performance as non-magneride enabled models. It's only when the "Dynamic Mode" is enabled that a difference to the suspension is experienced. Therefore, my question from an earlier post remains: For anyone possessing an Evoque model with MagneRide, how often do you actually drive the vehicle in "Dynamic" mode?
10-04-2013 05:53pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The Magneride operates ALL the time, regardless of whether or not the "Dynamic" setting is selected. Pressing the Dynamic button remaps the suspension to firm it up and firm up the feel of the electric power assisted steering.
I use the Dynamic mode most days on fast twisty roads as it also makes the car go round high speed corners like it's on rails with next to no body roll, it also works extremely well off road where it smooths out bumpy bits of the likes of fire roads - it also makes the ride on 20" wheels feel like you are on much higher profile tyres

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2013 06:45pm by XFullFatTim.)
10-04-2013 06:43pm
Trapdoor

(10-04-2013 05:53pm)tccm1123 Wrote:  I also understand that typically one operates the vehicle in "normal" mode which renders the same performance as non-magneride enabled models.

Oooh, no. Definitely NOT the same performance as non-Mag vehicles. It is a completely different way the 'shock absorbers' work - one of the LR presentations showed a graph to compare the parameters of standard gas/oil/spring suspension and that of the Mag suspension. It was quite apparent that the standard suspension is setup as a compromise across all expected terrains because it is a fixed system, whereas the Mag suspension can adapt by sensing the terrain and changing the fluid dynamics of the shock absorbers so they are anywhere from soft and spongey, to rock hard and unforgiving. You do nothing in Normal mode, just let the system sense the car and change the dynamics of the system.

However in AD mode, it tends to narrow the parameters of the Mag suspension, so you lose most of the soft and spongey end and gain much more of the firm end. This then eliminates much body roll, and also the steering and IIRC the throttle laws are also changed to alter the driving experience. And it also switches on the red dials - the most important part of the system!! Laughing

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
10-04-2013 09:11pm