Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Driver information centre display
bonjourq

Driver information centre display

how to display the the information about DSC affecting the wheels in the screen on the instrument panel ?
( i.e how to view something else beside fuel level and temp)
i noticed that you can see the front wheels in blue when terrain response is selected but i didnt understand the purpose of it , and why only the front wheels ?

my second question is about the adaptive headlamp, i have the prestige plus and suppose to come with autoleveling and turning front lamp but this dosent seem the case , i dont see them turning is that normal ?

thanks
13-02-2012 05:08am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: Driver information centre display

adaptive, auto levelling and turning front lamps are 3 different (and unconnected) things.
Adaptive is a different lamp unit which turns the lens as you steer.
Auto-levelling is, exactly that, must be in place for both adaptive AND 'standard' xenon units.
turning front lamps - this is an additional lamp (the fog lamp?) which comes on on the side you are steering when below 30kph (or somethign like that).

I'm not sure what your prestige 'plus' pack has stated you get, but unless it explicitly states 'adaptive' then you'll get regular xenons (with their autolevelling), and the 'turning lamps' will be activated.

Can't help on the DSC in the instrument panel, but I've read the manual a great number of times and don't recall seeing that as an option... or why.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
13-02-2012 08:32am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Would Bonjourq be meaning the TR settings (as opposed to the DSC) in the dash screen?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-02-2012 10:25am
PhilB

The terrain response dislpay in the centre display area showing the wheels is on automatically when you select "snow/sand" etc.
The purpose I suppose is that if you are driving on such stuff and are having to do major corrections at the wheel it is possible to loose which way the wheels are pointing in EXTREME conditions.
Certainly in snow its good to be able to see which the wheels are pointing.
I would think the guys who do heavy offroading might know better than me.
Similar idea to rally cars having a taped band on the wheel at 12 O'clock so they know which way the wheels are pointing.

Prestige SD4 5 door manual, Firenze, vibe, style 4, adaptive dynamics, privacy, Hybrid tv, spare wheel, grey oak wood finisher, ebony headliner.
13-02-2012 12:46pm
Donny Dog

(13-02-2012 08:32am)RacingSnake Wrote:  adaptive, auto levelling and turning front lamps are 3 different (and unconnected) things.
Auto-levelling is, exactly that, must be in place for both adaptive AND 'standard' xenon units.
turning front lamps - this is an additional lamp (the fog lamp?) which comes on on the side you are steering when below 30kph (or somethign like that).

I'm not sure what your prestige 'plus' pack has stated you get, but unless it explicitly states 'adaptive' then you'll get regular xenons (with their autolevelling), and the 'turning lamps' will be activated.

Can't help on the DSC in the instrument panel, but I've read the manual a great number of times and don't recall seeing that as an option... or why.

Plus you can specify automatic dimming.
13-02-2012 12:49pm
bonjourq

(13-02-2012 10:25am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Would Bonjourq be meaning the TR settings (as opposed to the DSC) in the dash screen?

what does the blue front wheel that shows on the dash screen mean when TR is selected ? why blue and why only front wheels ? thanks
(13-02-2012 08:32am)RacingSnake Wrote:  adaptive, auto levelling and turning front lamps are 3 different (and unconnected) things.

i can see the light of adaptive lights in the instrument panel when i start the car, but i never noticed the light are turning with steering. and there is only one circled light and a fog led ligth under that
prestige plus here in canada mean the highest options package wich include everuything u can add.

you are right, nothing about the blue wheels when select TR in the manual, i wonder what is the purpose of showing blue wheels ?
(This post was last modified: 13-02-2012 03:56pm by bonjourq.)
13-02-2012 03:50pm