Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Double locking
mk82

RE: Double locking

If you lock twice peaople inside cannot open doors.

PURE 5dr SD4 Auto, Fuji - Almond/Espresso, rear cam, front-pdc, techp., navi, seatheating, xenon package without xenon

STUUUUNNNNNNNIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!! Thud
15-10-2011 09:15am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Why would you want to lock people inside an alarmed car?
Maybe that's a question best left unanswered, there are some strange folks out there these days..................

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
15-10-2011 09:57am
mk82

I think if there are people inside they always should be able to open doors. So I do not like this function.

PURE 5dr SD4 Auto, Fuji - Almond/Espresso, rear cam, front-pdc, techp., navi, seatheating, xenon package without xenon

STUUUUNNNNNNNIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!! Thud
(This post was last modified: 15-10-2011 10:51am by mk82.)
15-10-2011 10:50am
XFullFatTim

I agree with you entirely, so LR allows you to make one press of the button to only lock the door but still be able open it from the inside, it's only if you do two quick presses that you deadlock or super lock the car and also enable to the alarm.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
15-10-2011 10:54am
hybris

I don't leave any children, people, dogs, giraffes or tigers in my car 99% of the time. Meaning a lock and alarm in one button is convenient. (well Im used to that). But double lock is not needed on one click. On BWM there is lock and alarm on one button. If i press it again the alarm is of the let people stay in the car with locked doors. They can always get out by turning the door handle twice and it opens. Just alarm and lock. Stupid question: the alarm is not on with one click? If that is true many new evoque owners will forget to set the alarm. I will probably be one of those...

So my preferred config would be:
* One click = lock and alarm
* Double click = double lock and alarm
* Three clicks or separate button = lock (the giraffe in the car button) Wink
BTW second new to RR question: Is there a way to configure the car to lock automatically after certain time? Im sure the lock after I drive away config is there. But the lock after x seconds with closed doors? (and no key in the car) I have that in my X5 and its great if I by any means forget to lock the car. It will then lock it after x seconds (can configure this on and off in the car computer). Don't remember if it just locks or also turn the alarm on...

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
(This post was last modified: 15-10-2011 11:11am by hybris.)
15-10-2011 11:08am
XFullFatTim

First point - IIRC the first click will immobilise the engine, and disable the volumetric sensor inside the car, second click enables immobiliser, perimetric and volumetric alarms and the super/dead-locking
Auto Lock, the car will only re;oak if you don't open a door within 20 secs (IIRC) of unlocking it, if you have keyless entry the doors will not automatically relock (see the pdf pages below). The drive off auto lock is user enabled - you can control it from the dashboard controls menu.

There are numerous pages about the locking systems in the online version of the Owner's Manual that you can download from the TOPIX website, there is a link to it stickied at the start of the General Section if you would like to read it all.

To help you here is a link to the TOPIX website http://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/...lookupForm hopefully this will take you direct to the Evoque section http://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/...&id=168045
and here is the locking section of the manual as a PDF http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/u...Evoque.pdf

(This post was last modified: 15-10-2011 11:37am by XFullFatTim.)
15-10-2011 11:20am
hybris

Thanks XFullFatTim!

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
15-10-2011 11:27am
berlin2011

From manual

There are two levels of security:

Single locking.

With all doors and tailgate closed, press the lock button on the Smart Key once, to Single lock the vehicle and activate the perimeter alarm. The alarm LED in the instrument panel will start to flash and the hazard warning lamps will flash once to confirm locking. Power fold mirrors will fold in (if enabled).

Single locking secures the vehicle and prevents the doors from being opened from outside. The doors may still be unlocked and opened using the interior door locks and release levers. In this state, only the perimeter (exterior) alarm is activated. When the vehicle is Single locked and the alarm is armed, the alarm will sound if:
- The bonnet, tailgate or a door is opened.

Double locking.

A second press within three seconds will Double lock the vehicle and activate the full alarm system. The hazard warning lamps will flash a second time to confirm the enhanced Double lock state. An audible confirmation may also be given. The audible warning can be set/disabled via Audible Lock Warning in the Vehicle Settings menu

Double locking secures the vehicle and prevents the doors being opened from inside or outside of the vehicle. The doors cannot be unlocked or opened from inside the vehicle when double locked. This provides additional security if the vehicle is left unattended. The vehicle cannot be opened by breaking a window and operating the interior door locks and release levers.Double locking secures the vehicle and prevents the doors being opened from inside or outside of the vehicle. The doors cannot be unlocked or opened from inside the vehicle when double locked.

Additionally, double locking also activates the full alarm system with intrusion sensing (market dependent) and tilt sensing. When the vehicle is Double locked the alarm will sound if:
- The bonnet, tailgate or a door is opened.
- Movement is detected within the vehicle interior.
- A window, front or rear screen or panoramic sunroof glass is broken.
- The vehicle is raised or tilted.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
15-10-2011 11:48am
bogstomper

I think I remember seeing an option in the menu on the dashboard - something to do with motion sensors? Anyone know if that relates to inside the car or if the car is on a ferry for example? I will read the manual soon, honest... Wink
15-10-2011 11:52am
XFullFatTim

Yes , if you only click the fob key once then the movement sensor is not enabled so you can travel on a ferry or leave a dog/ children in the car

15-10-2011 11:54am