Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Don’t be put off buying Evoque!
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Don’t be put off buying Evoque!

Andy, I have also heard from Macan drivers that it isn't all it is cracked up to be and that the SQ5 is a better car unless you go for the Macan Turbo S. Porsche dealers are also not renowned for looking after their clients too well after you have driven off in your very expensive car. One of my work colleagues just chopped in a year old Macan diesel for a year old Range Rover Sport after never ending problems with his Macan and no help from either the dealership or Porsche GB. Same problems as Evoque, so popular that the factory cannot balance the quality of build with rushing them down the production line.............

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2016 11:19am by XFullFatTim.)
09-03-2016 11:13am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AndyFrance

And I've heard the opposite, just as I did with LR and the Evoque. I guess I'll have to wait and see how it goes with Porsche and the Macan..........It can't be any worse than LR/Evoque.

Test driving the Macan Diesel blew me away, and I've driven Lexus sports, Q7 4.2d and a Sierra Cosworth (those were the days) .......Never had that feeling driving the Evoque.

Cheers
09-03-2016 11:26am
Stadt Panzer

Don’t be put off buying Evoque!

Got to agree with Tim on this Andy, A friend of mines buddy brought a Macan and its always in the garage with problems, according to him. I test drove the Macan Diesel last year before I went for my third Evoque and although I liked it, there was still things that I didn't like.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
09-03-2016 03:02pm
AndyFrance

I'll take everyone's word on this as fact, and not just fantasy to big-up LR, but not many, or as many problems to be found on the Porsche forum's.

As I've said, can't be any worse than the Evoque.
09-03-2016 03:21pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

As you know Andy I have had 1 great Evoque and then one that started out in life as good but poorly assembled and then descended into a load of problems, to date my RRS has had nothing at all to be attended to and is my first car in a while that will go in for its first service with nothing other than one recall for the front parking sensors not coming on every time (mine seem fine but there is still a recall on its VIN). OK so RRS Disco4 and FFRR are not in quite the same demand league as Evoque, but there is still a 4 month lead in time for some models/ specs. The only unscheduled thing being attended to next week will be a repair to the front bumper where some dozy parker scuffed the front near side corner of it when they tried to park in a supermarket car park on Monday............... Fortunately it's a sanding and painting job and doesn't require a GBP750 replacement bumper.
[Image: image~18.jpeg]

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2016 05:28pm by XFullFatTim.)
09-03-2016 05:26pm
AndyFrance

From the photo, it doesn't look like it's a light scuff. I hope they sort it ok for you.

I have respect for you and Stadt and other's on here. My last message was tongue-in-cheek to try and whip up the exchanges, but no harm meant from me.

I'm not going to bang on and on about the Macan, mainly because it's an unknown entity. When I get it I'll find out soon enough. I do however view my Evoque purchase as a grave error of judgement. I'd much prefer to have gambled 12+ grand on red or black at the roulette table. When you boil it down, I believe that all of the corps. are the same, sometimes good, sometimes bad.

I can never forgive what JLR put me through. They mugged me for a lot of cash, and all the happy clapper's on here cannot convince me otherwise. Just to give you an idea how I feel, If a guy in a pub had treated me half as bad as JLR, I'd have put him in hospital.

Cheers
09-03-2016 06:44pm
Beats

Without doubt the biggest mistake I've ever made. The most uncomfortable vehicle ever. The base of the seat doesn't even tilt. Crying
11-03-2016 12:48am
Koidream

Are you sure? Mine does tilt...

BMW 315
BMW 518
Daihatsu Rocky 2.8D
BMW 320i
BMW R100RT
Triumph Spitfire 1500
Rover 623 Si
BMW 518i
Alfa Romeo 156 1.9JTD
VOLVO S60 D5
Range Rover Evoque TD4

[Image: 343895.png]
11-03-2016 07:49am
haroosh

Great write up about the Evoque. I have just changed my beloved Discovery 3 which I had owned for over 6 years for a used Evoque (loaded with lots of extras) and I am very impressed with it. Superb car to drive. Looking forward to many years of happy ownership Smile I have also loved the look of them since the first day I saw it.
11-03-2016 09:03am
Tony

No experience of the Macan but my Evoque was the worst car I have owned. Unreliable, cheap materials, badly screwed together, rattling rubbish. A £0.5k banger with a £50k price ticket.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
11-03-2016 11:50pm