Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does yours have Land Rover Badges?
Paul O

Does yours have Land Rover Badges?

I've noticed a lot of Evoque's have LR badge stuck to the front of the grill - it sort of protrudes out.

Mine doesn't - I like it that way too, but just wondered why some do and some don't. It doesn't seem to be the spec that makes a difference. Any ideas?

Red RR Evoque TD4, 5 door.
Mini One Cabriolet.
Black Porsche 997S Cabriolet [SOLD].
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 12:44pm by Paul O.)
03-10-2013 12:44pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RRSteve

RE: Does yours have Land Rover Badges?

I think it was an updated design for 2013. Mine is a 2012 and doesn't have the badge either. I also prefer it without. Smile
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 12:55pm by RRSteve.)
03-10-2013 12:54pm
RacingSnake

As above it's MY2013 onwards.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
03-10-2013 01:10pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

And for 2014 I believe the badge changes again, green and gold next year........... change for changes sake if you ask me, they could save a couple of cents on the build cost of every car by leaving it off - although that would mean that the dealers wouldn't need to sell black grilles with no badge as an aftermarket accessory.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
03-10-2013 01:57pm
RacingSnake

(03-10-2013 01:57pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  And for 2014 I believe the badge changes again, green and gold next year...........
Interesting, as when I originally asked about the MY13 grille I was told that the black and silver badges are for the 'range rover' range, and the green and gold was for the 'land rover' range.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
03-10-2013 05:06pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChuckieB

(03-10-2013 05:06pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  Interesting, as when I originally asked about the MY13 grille I was told that the black and silver badges are for the 'range rover' range, and the green and gold was for the 'land rover' range.

more standardisation across the whole LR marque for 2014.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
03-10-2013 08:40pm
XFullFatTim

Just found this from the PDF that was on the JLR website and linked to from here in August
Quote:At 14MY, the Land Rover ovals on both the front grille and rear tailgate will change from black to green in line with the Land Rover Masterbrand Strategy.
All vehicles will have the following Land Rover badging application:
Front: Land Rover Oval in Green and Silver on right hand side of grille and Range Rover Script on front of bonnet:
Rear: Land Rover Oval in Green and Silver on right hand side and Range Rover Script on tailgate:
Wheel Centres: Wheels will be fitted with the following wheel centre badges:
Sparkle Silver Wheels:
Dark Contrast Finish Wheels:

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
03-10-2013 10:12pm
IvorRedOne

No badges other than the Evoque badge on the rear. Before and after photos from taking delivery.

[Image: j02e.jpg]

[Image: p32700101600x1200.jpg]

Whatever you do just don't buy a car from TP Topping. Tried to advertise in 6 places on this car. Their Services were crap beyond belief.
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2013 09:54pm by IvorRedOne.)
07-10-2013 09:52pm
XFullFatTim

If that had been my car and the dealer had stuck a badge on the tailgate like that without first asking me I would have refused to accept it until they had removed it and corrected the paint damage. Fortunately the dealerships I use know that I hate those badges and have never stuck one on any of my cars, I even told them not to bother sticking a screen sticker on, it gets peeled off before I leave the site if it's there so they are best not to put it on in the first place. I accept that they are required to put their name and phone number on the number plates though, and I'm not averse to their free tax disk holder.

07-10-2013 10:14pm
IvorRedOne

(07-10-2013 10:14pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  If that had been my car and the dealer had stuck a badge on the tailgate like that without first asking me I would have refused to accept it until they had removed it and corrected the paint damage.

I did exactly that. They had to take it off whilst I waited then they paid for all the badges on the rear to be removed by a professional company. As you can see from the number plates I now have the name of the dealership who now service and repair my vehicle. Charles Hurst Belfast who have been brilliant.
07-10-2013 10:25pm