Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does the dynamic come with 8-inch screen if sat nav isn't optioned?
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Does the dynamic come with 8-inch screen if sat nav isn't optioned?

Folks on a tight budget or trying not to pay a lot of luxury tax would be looking to buy them.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
06-11-2012 11:44pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ian s

I would go for a different vehicle its seems mad to me when you think of the overall cost of the RRE to miss that out...

Fuji Pure SD4 Auto, Pano roof, privacy glass, style pack, . Arrived 25th October 2012Very HappyVery Happy
07-11-2012 08:20am
NightFox

(07-11-2012 08:20am)Ian s Wrote:  I would go for a different vehicle its seems mad to me when you think of the overall cost of the RRE to miss that out...

But some would say it seems mad to pay £1000 for an option you can buy for less than £100.

I guess some people will always prefer to use a TomTom or such in preference to a built-in system where you're often paying 5 times as much for something which isn't even as good as a TomTom. Though me, I prefer everything built-in, even if it means a bit of a compromise on how good it is (and how much more it costs!)

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2012 11:26am by NightFox.)
07-11-2012 11:25am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The problem of not speccing something like satnav on a Range Rover is that when it comes time to sell it in 3 or 5 or 10 years time buyers will be looking for that kit to be on the car as it is perceived to be a "must have" on a luxury brand model - it's like leather and metallic paint. It isn't kerb appeal during your ownership that matters, when it comes to selling it you will be reducing the appeal of your car. TBH if I were speccing a Fiat 500 or a Defender I wouldn't consider satnav (it isn't an option on a Defender anyway!) If I were looking for a BMW 3 series or 5 series I would immediately rule out any version without their built in system as I consider a car in that price range should have a navigation system.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
07-11-2012 11:58am
Nut

(07-11-2012 11:58am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  The problem of not speccing something like satnav on a Range Rover is that when it comes time to sell it in 3 or 5 or 10 years time buyers will be looking for that kit to be on the car as it is perceived to be a "must have" on a luxury brand model - it's like leather and metallic paint. It isn't kerb appeal during your ownership that matters, when it comes to selling it you will be reducing the appeal of your car. TBH if I were speccing a Fiat 500 or a Defender I wouldn't consider satnav (it isn't an option on a Defender anyway!) If I were looking for a BMW 3 series or 5 series I would immediately rule out any version without their built in system as I consider a car in that price range should have a navigation system.

Great points fullfat. I agree, I hated the idea on spending so much money on the car and then having to stick a cheap GPS to the windscreen. Yes it's an enormously overpriced option and yes my old Garmin had better some functions, but I love have everything neat and built in. Definitely worth the money for me.
07-11-2012 12:13pm
Ian s

Can't argue with none of that..All fair points it seems crazy to me if your buying a luxury vehicle to start taking the luxury out of it..thats the reason your buying it in the first place....you will get away with different engines 4 wheel or 2 wheel drive but for me interiors have to be top spec...

Fuji Pure SD4 Auto, Pano roof, privacy glass, style pack, . Arrived 25th October 2012Very HappyVery Happy
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2012 07:05pm by Ian s.)
07-11-2012 07:02pm
J77

I don't have sat nav on mine, and I never will, unless it's standard, then I have no choice. Be it a Range Rover or a Kia I'm not fussed if it doesn't have it, I spec a car the way I like it, not for the next owner.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
07-11-2012 11:49pm
J77

I don't do a lot of miles that require the use of sat nav (almost a year old and just broke 3,500mls). Those that travel a lot for work etc will benefit from it but I manage fine the old fashioned way.

Sorry for the two posts hit new reply rather than edit.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2012 10:55am by J77.)
08-11-2012 10:09am
PhilSkill

Like everything Sat Nav has a time and place, I like it when I'm on my own, it's dark/wet, i'm into new roads I don't know and I have to get somewhere specific. It's a great tool... but don't let yourself become the tool that can't read a map or have any natural sense of direction.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
08-11-2012 03:02pm
Bjorntje_be

I don't have the satnav, I have a company car, and I couldn't justify almost 3000€ for a satnav. I was in the end of my budget.
But I agree it's nicer to have it build in. I'm using a tomtom from the top segment now.... works fine, but the wires bother me.

But i have the bigger screen, the small one was so hidious, also an expensive option in Europe...

ED4 5dr Pure Fuji white with tech pack/fog lights/privacy glass/tow bar ; order 24/02 / expected summer 2012 / delivered 18 sept 2012
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2012 06:38pm by Bjorntje_be.)
09-11-2012 06:37pm