Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Delivery delays
WB
WB

Delivery delays

Apologies if this has been posted already but thought it would be useful: I head from a dealer over the weekend that the delayed delivery dates being notified to customers related to parts shortages are due to the xenon lights being in short supply.

Apparently orders with xenons have far exceeded expectations.

Not sure why LR are surprised as they (and some dealers) have clearly been pushing customers towards the Prestige and Dynamic.
12-09-2011 04:01pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Alex

RE: Delivery delays

(12-09-2011 04:01pm)wbessada Wrote:  Apologies if this has been posted already but thought it would be useful: I head from a dealer over the weekend that the delayed delivery dates being notified to customers related to parts shortages are due to the xenon lights being in short supply.

Apparently orders with xenons have far exceeded expectations.

Not sure why LR are surprised as they (and some dealers) have clearly been pushing customers towards the Prestige and Dynamic.

I rang my dealer today and he told me from what he could see it was adaptive xenon's causing delays and not xenon's in their own right. I have ordered adaptive xenons so he advised me to cancel them to secure my delivery date for November, or take a chance and see what pans out. Although he couldn't yet see any delays to my order it's odd how at this stage you can remove items but not add to your order.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
13-09-2011 05:36pm
WB
WB

Unnecessary quoting removed

Interesting, the dealer I spoke to only said xenons. Also worth noting that if you have specced the Pano roof the price rises for cars built after mid November!

I've heard different versions of when the order is locked from LR and dealers and it seems to be about a month before build although the dealers seem to like to lock it down earlier - not sure why - probably something to do with their sales targets Laughing
(This post was last modified: 13-09-2011 06:16pm by XFullFatTim.)
13-09-2011 05:42pm
Alex

It would be interesting to know if anybody heard something different, but assume it's the adaptive xenon's otherwise there would probably be a few more posts about it.

Maybe this is fate trying to save me some cash, but annoying how they can't let me know if my order is affected or not.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
13-09-2011 05:46pm
WB
WB

(13-09-2011 05:46pm)Alex Wrote:  It would be interesting to know if anybody heard something different, but assume it's the adaptive xenon's otherwise there would probably be a few more posts about it.

Maybe this is fate trying to save me some cash, but annoying how they can't let me know if my order is affected or not.

Discussions about delays on another forum here.
13-09-2011 05:49pm
Lookers Park Royal

Just a quick note to clarify that there has been a bulletin sent out from Land Rover today advising dealers that there may be delays in the short term due to both Xenon and Adaptive-Xenon headlight supply shortages.

Land Rover are working very hard to moving around urgent and non-urgent orders (slotting) and have advised that the extent of any delays will be know over the next couple of weeks. They are trying hard to keep Sept/Oct build as close to the planned build date as possible. They are keen to point out that they are keeping any unavoidable movement to an absoloute minimum.

The best advice is to diuscuss this with your dealer, who will have a better idea in a couple of weeks. I have spoken to a couple of my contacts at Land Rover today, and it is clear that it is priority number one for them currently.

With regard to the question above concerning amending orders; this is dictated by Land Rover's order system (Vista) which slots vehicles and their components for build. At varying stages of pre-production you will be able to change certain elements of the specification, however as you get closer to the actual build date the order becomes frozen for production. Your dealer can see on Vista the last date that the order can be amended, however it is worth pointing out that changes can cause a delay, depending on the option removed or added.

I hope this helps?

James Smile
13-09-2011 05:55pm
defender_uk

Thanks for that James...not good news for my build then. I don't see why they have a sourcing problem when the orders have been submitted over four months ago!! This is exceptionally annoying and just bad planning on someones part. I presume there will be a price reduction for the delay!! (NOT)

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
13-09-2011 07:09pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DynamicRRV

Mine is supposed to be under my bottom on the 27th Sept.It best be or I wont be a happy bunny.
13-09-2011 07:24pm
bell-auto-services

Mine is due to be bult very soon for delivers in Mid October, by the looks of it we are going to have to wait possibily due to the parts issue.

Its a little off putting that most of us speced our cars months ago, and a most of our build dates are set already and at landrover they only new realise there may be an issue on lights due to the high orders placed ! what baffels me is that they knew what lights most of us ordered months and months ago so why didnt they check stock levels then sort the issue out before now.

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 13-09-2011 08:41pm by bell-auto-services.)
13-09-2011 07:53pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ytshome

Hi, Mine is supposed to be with me on the 15th Sept but I've been told to expect a slight delay. I'm told that when checked on Saturday that it was being built.

I've just been past the Halewood factory and there is an awful lot of LHD models, scattered with some RHD. I have to say though, that I've seen them under lights at various events but tonight seeing hundreds all lined up together, they really did look fantastic. The main thing that really surprised me that every single colour (and I saw all of them) looked good.

They are set up to make 600 units a day (450 Evoques to 150 FL2) but are running at 60% due to the issues previously reported, however as supply gets better and the lines run sweeter they are lifting that to 700 per day.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
13-09-2011 08:18pm