Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Delivery Date Is Confirmed.
HeyBert

RE: Delivery Date Is Confirmed.

(21-02-2012 05:18pm)The Valeter Wrote:  The dates I had/have were the only ones I ever had though when I ordered the car on October 1st I stated I actually wanted to collect it on March 1st (ish).

When i ordered in August, I also stated that I wanted to collect the car on the 1st March (although the dealer stated January for build at deposit taking stage); seems they didn't listen to what I wanted and are doing their own thing Laughing

If my dealer was to call and say it's here 2 weeks early i think i would be very shocked; both by the fact the car is early and that my dealer has actually called me pro-actively.

Let's hope I have to eat my own words!

Range Rover Evoque Pure 5DR TD4 Manual - Firenze Red, Ebony, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof, Front Fogs, Privacy Glass
21-02-2012 05:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
THEMACS

(21-02-2012 05:34pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  Mine isn't, otherwise it would be here now!!

Shouldn't make any difference to me either really as my dealer has always said it takes less than 2 weeks from build and has assured me that I will have it in March and it is supposed to be being built 16 March. I know alot of people are being told 4 weeks from build, its probably somewhere between the two. I hope the build date comes forward, I think it mightVery HappyVery Happy
21-02-2012 05:53pm
The Valeter

(21-02-2012 05:52pm)HeyBert Wrote:  When i ordered in August, I also stated that I wanted to collect the car on the 1st March (although the dealer stated January for build at deposit taking stage); seems they didn't listen to what I wanted and are doing their own thing Laughing

If my dealer was to call and say it's here 2 weeks early i think i would be very shocked; both by the fact the car is early and that my dealer has actually called me pro-actively.

Let's hope I have to eat my own words!

I see your build slot is the 16th March - possibly my old build date?
(21-02-2012 05:53pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Shouldn't make any difference to me either really as my dealer has always said it takes less than 2 weeks from build and has assured me that I will have it in March and it is supposed to be being built 16 March. I know alot of people are being told 4 weeks from build, its probably somewhere between the two. I hope the build date comes forward, I think it mightVery HappyVery Happy

My dealer told me 2 weeks from build to handover (generally).

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 21-02-2012 07:11pm by The Valeter.)
21-02-2012 07:10pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeyBert

Delivery Date Is Confirmed.

(21-02-2012 07:10pm)The Valeter Wrote:  I see your build slot is the 16th March - possibly my old build date?

It was the 16th March when your initial built date was that.

I'd previously commented that they must have had the Firenze paint can out on the 16th!

You've since pulled a fast one and arranged a factory tour - somehow pulling the date forwards in the process....and good on you for doing so Smile

Range Rover Evoque Pure 5DR TD4 Manual - Firenze Red, Ebony, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof, Front Fogs, Privacy Glass
21-02-2012 09:05pm
The Valeter

(21-02-2012 09:05pm)HeyBert Wrote:  It was the 16th March when your initial built date was that.

I'd previously commented that they must have had the Firenze paint can out on the 16th!

You've since pulled a fast one and arranged a factory tour - somehow pulling the date forwards in the process....and good on you for doing so Smile

I don't think the factory tour in it'self had any influence, it was the dealer liasing with LR. Not sure how they managed it though to be honest but I do think it is a very kind & thoughtfull gesture.

There do seem to be a few Firenze Red's due for build around that date - you never know they may do all the Firenze's a eek early lol.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 21-02-2012 09:14pm by The Valeter.)
21-02-2012 09:13pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WorldTraveler

(21-02-2012 09:13pm)The Valeter Wrote:  I don't think the factory tour in it'self had any influence, it was the dealer liasing with LR. Not sure how they managed it though to be honest but I do think it is a very kind & thoughtfull gesture.

There do seem to be a few Firenze Red's due for build around that date - you never know they may do all the Firenze's a eek early lol.

Here's hoping Mine is in that batch, Although the latest info I have (thanks to nick@lr) is a mid to end April delivery at the dealer ....

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
22-02-2012 07:01pm