Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Delivery Date Is Confirmed.
The Valeter

RE: Delivery Date Is Confirmed.

(20-02-2012 10:03pm)Firenze Wrote:  Wow that would be nice! fingers crossed, I may give the dealer a call tomorrow to see if he has any info.

Looks like your build should be around the same as mine. Why not join us on a tour on Friday the 9th lol.

There was an earlier order form made up before I changed the spec (twice) but I didn't have a copy of that one so I don't know if that had numbers on it or not.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
21-02-2012 12:33am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Firenze

[quote='The Valeter' pid='41338' dateline='1329780831']

Looks like your build should be around the same as mine. Why not join us on a tour on Friday the 9th lol.

I might do that as I didn't realise there was another outing to the factory, I can't make the one on the 2nd but should be able to do the 9th, are people staying up there the night before?

Firenze Dynamic Si4, Pano roof, Verve, Ebony headliner, Black Strata, Privacy glass, Lux Pack - Enjoying since 7/3/12
21-02-2012 09:55am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Firenze

Just spoke to my dealer who said cars that were due for delivery on the 15th March have been delivered to the dealer today and so will be with the customers next week, so about two weeks early.

Mine is still on target for build this week which may mean I could get it two weeks early, so could have it before the 9th - that would make the drive to the factory tour really cool Smile (as oppose to going in my mums 1.2 corsa)

Ok so there are a lot of maybe's and could's in that last sentence but its more exciting to be optimistic

Firenze Dynamic Si4, Pano roof, Verve, Ebony headliner, Black Strata, Privacy glass, Lux Pack - Enjoying since 7/3/12
21-02-2012 12:15pm
ED209

(21-02-2012 12:15pm)Firenze Wrote:  Just spoke to my dealer who said cars that were due for delivery on the 15th March have been delivered to the dealer today and so will be with the customers next week, so about two weeks early.

Mine is still on target for build this week which may mean I could get it two weeks early, so could have it before the 9th - that would make the drive to the factory tour really cool Smile (as oppose to going in my mums 1.2 corsa)

Ok so there are a lot of maybe's and could's in that last sentence but its more exciting to be optimistic

Why am i never so lucky??

Out of interest what was the planned build date for these cars?
21-02-2012 01:59pm
LDT

Great news Firenze!

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
21-02-2012 02:03pm
Firenze

(21-02-2012 01:59pm)ED209 Wrote:  Why am i never so lucky??

Planned build date and delivery date has always been the same - build week commencing 20/2 and delivery 22nd March, and I ordered 4th Oct, I think it will only appear early as they have allowed a month for it to come from the factory when it reality it takes more like two weeks.

Thats the one thing I found odd with the people who keep having their dates delayed is it because of the factory or more likely the dealers have been telling porkies to keep you from going elsewhere?, I've nothing against salesmen but some will tell you anything to get a sale and keep you hanging on.

I really feel for you for having to wait so long, it certainly is not fair
(21-02-2012 02:03pm)LDT Wrote:  Great news Firenze!

Thanks LDT, when do you pick yours up?

(This post was last modified: 21-02-2012 04:36pm by Firenze.)
21-02-2012 03:42pm
LDT

Aiming for 03 March at present, to be confirmed next week, due to work commitments. Really looking forward to getting it now!

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
21-02-2012 04:50pm
The Valeter

(21-02-2012 01:59pm)ED209 Wrote:  Why am i never so lucky??

The dates I had/have were the only ones I ever had though when I ordered the car on October 1st I stated I actually wanted to collect it on March 1st (ish).

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
21-02-2012 05:18pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
THEMACS

(21-02-2012 12:15pm)Firenze Wrote:  Just spoke to my dealer who said cars that were due for delivery on the 15th March have been delivered to the dealer today and so will be with the customers next week, so about two weeks early.

This backs up what I have heard, unofficially that they are coming appx 2 weeks early, lets hope it continues!!Very Happy

I guess the dealers don't want to get peoples hopes up and then let them down and are just waiting until they are built, can't blame them really.
21-02-2012 05:29pm
Donny Dog

(21-02-2012 05:29pm)THEMACS Wrote:  This backs up what I have heard, unofficially that they are coming appx 2 weeks early, lets hope it continues!!Very Happy

Mine isn't, otherwise it would be here now!!
21-02-2012 05:34pm