Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Delayed orders
ajmooseman

RE: Delayed orders

(19-09-2011 10:21pm)richardk Wrote:  
(19-09-2011 09:23pm)Alex Wrote:  If I were you I would send a letter to LR stating your disappointment (and CC your dealer), however I wouldn't hold any resentment towards forum members.

As it's a new car launch I think teething issues are to be expected but with all the hype surrounding the vehicle I guess it's only natural once finding this forum to shout out your excitement once you have placed an order.

I have to say out of all the forums I have joined this is by far the most welcoming and informative (been great in helping make my decisions)

My car is a prestige sd4 coupe without extras . I ordered on 04/04 (the first day you could order with a deposit on Jan 10). At the launch day this month my car was showing as 26/09; I went in the following week for a test drive and now it's 23/12! I'm really pissed off with my dealer who never returns calls and constantly fobs me off. My present car also enters year 4 at the end of November, so I'll take a further hit then. Getting tempted to look at something else Sad

Richard

I would be mega mega pissed off at that! Which dealer? mine coming form Farnell at Bradford, I just about to sell my car and use one off my works vans for a month, will; be really pissed if this happens, checked early last week and date had come forward by 2 weeks so should be with me before end of October but with all these posts I dare not ask.

Need to go into dealers as wife's disco has software update so will try and get some more details....here's hoping
20-09-2011 08:31am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blackseries

Just heard that my order had come forward 2 weeks (up until last Friday) but has now been put back 4 .... so 2 weeks later than originally planned .... not too bad ... but I was secretly hoping it would come early.

Having put down a deposit in Oct 2010 and been told I was the first configured customer order at the dealership I find a delivery of mid November a bit hard to swallow.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
20-09-2011 09:42am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It appears that when you paid a deposit has not a lot to do with when you will get your car - more will depend on when you signed/ placed the order. The order book for first build batch in August opened on March 21st and my order was made and confirmed that day but I was later advised that I could not change anything on the order once it was made even though production wasn't for another 5 months. I paid my first deposit/expression of interest in October 2009

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 20-09-2011 10:19am by XFullFatTim.)
20-09-2011 10:18am
EVO PUNDITT

I paid mine in April 2011 told delivery in Jan 2012 and specced in June told buid Nov 2011,made changes in July and then told in Sept that build is mid Oct and then told yesterday ignore Oct build date as they dont know when. I just want to know what problem they have with the Xenon, is it build quality? production shortage cause they have put all of them on cars and exported them abroad.Total lack of respect! for customers in my opinion.

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
20-09-2011 11:14am
richardk

Removed unnecessary quotes Griff

Yes, its Farnell Bradford. i think the problem seems to be that im ordering the coupe and not the 5 door. I've also had to turn away offers for my car as I dont know when im getting the coupe, so therfore cannot plan.
(This post was last modified: 20-09-2011 01:14pm by griff.)
20-09-2011 12:53pm
Tomson

(20-09-2011 10:18am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  It appears that when you paid a deposit has not a lot to do with when you will get your car - more will depend on when you signed/ placed the order. The order book for first build batch in August opened on March 21st and my order was made and confirmed that day but I was later advised that I could not change anything on the order once it was made even though production wasn't for another 5 months. I paid my first deposit/expression of interest in October 2009

I signed my contract the 15th of january and I still have no production nor a delivery date ... The dealer doesn't return my last 2 emails (it was email 3 and 4 I've send them in 10 months). Not once in the 10 months the dealer contacted me by himself, the least they can do is to give us an update by email... When you read on the forum that there are guys who ordered there RRE somewhere in July and got a delevery date already then I think the date you signed doesn't has to do a lot with it anymore... just a bad policy I guess... either LR or my dealer someone is not doing the right job...
20-09-2011 01:29pm
EVO PUNDITT

I dont think it makes any difference when you placed a deposit or when you spec the car, even at that point you are only known to your dealer only. It is when your dealer submits the order to L/R and then it goes to a holding pool and from there they decide when your build date is , I'm sure some one on this forum can correct me on this if I'm mistaken.

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
20-09-2011 02:09pm
Charlie
No Longer Registered

Spot on EVO
20-09-2011 02:19pm
ajmooseman

Rich I've also ordered a coupe...arrrghhhh, dropped the salesman a email earlier today, no reply as yet. Usually gets back to me but sometimes I just give him a buzz.
20-09-2011 02:42pm
bluebear

ajmooseman & richardk - my order is also with Farnell Bradford and also a coupe! Latest I heard was that my delivery remains end October but there is still doubt. Like you guys, waiting for a definite answer

Collected - Pure Coupe SD4 Tech Auto, fuji with Almond/Expresso interior. Style 5 19" alloys, panoramic roof, xenons, privacy glass, electric adjustment exterior mirrors, rear camera, park assist, fog lamps, spare wheel
20-09-2011 02:53pm