Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Delay?
AandM1228

Delay?

Hi all. Just curious if anyone has heard about any delays? I see all these new posts with orders/deliveries of a couple months and am now even more curious.....

I ordered back in May specifically ordered a 2013 model though so knew it would be a while, actually figured December time frame. A couple months passed and my dealer said they had received the vista sheet back from LR so I could check over everything. It looked goodSmile vista said build date start 14/9/12 factory complete date 24/9/12 delivery date 1/10/12

I received an email from my dealer on 13/9/12 saying the VIN had been released, I needed to provide insurance starting on 6/10/12 and I needed to pay in full so LR would release my car. I went up the very next day and handed the dealer the check (bank certified) along with my insurance docs. So excited because I'm thinking I'm going to be getting the car in a couple of weeks......

Then yesterday I receive this email....

" I have just followed up with Land Rover, your Evoque is on the final build line which means it is not quite built, it is now marked as a priority car which means it will be complete within 2 days. I also got our man at Land Rover to give me a rough idea on delivery times, he says it should take 6 days maximum from when it has been completed for it to arrive at Marshall. As long as what he has told me is correct we should have you driving the car during the week of the 15th depending how quickly Marshall can perform its pre delivery inspection etc. "

Hmmmm so now I am wondering what the holdup is??? It must have started build when it was supposed to or I wouldn't have received the VIN correct? Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else as well? If so, any problems with your car once you received it?

Thanks!
April
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2012 06:58am by AandM1228.)
02-10-2012 06:56am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Delay?

Normal lead in time for any Land Rover product for factory order is 3 months even when you don't have a really popular product. You can get them at 7-10 days wait from dealer stock

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-10-2012 09:58am
stephenc

What is the usual time before expected delivery (Dec 21st for me) that the build date and a VIN should be expected?

I'm probably being impatient, but I feel like I should have had that confirmation by now with the order going in just over 3 months ago.

Thanks!

Ordered 25/6/12, Delivery: 06/03/13
Prestige SD4 in Orkney Grey with Element Interior + Ebony Rooflining, Santorini Roof, 20" Style 6 and a few toys.
02-10-2012 09:07pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

7-10 days

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-10-2012 09:32pm
stephenc

Defiantly me being impatient then, thank you!

Ordered 25/6/12, Delivery: 06/03/13
Prestige SD4 in Orkney Grey with Element Interior + Ebony Rooflining, Santorini Roof, 20" Style 6 and a few toys.
02-10-2012 11:02pm
AandM1228

(02-10-2012 11:02pm)stephenc Wrote:  Defiantly me being impatient then, thank you!

@ Tim - Thanks! Dealer stock wasn't an option so I knew waiting was the way it had to be. I was just expecting my the dealers latest email to say the car had arrived and was awaiting the pre-delivery inspection, not that it was still setting up in the factory awaiting completion.

@ Stephenc - It's hard to NOT be impatient! Let me tell you the closer it gets, the worse it isSmile As for dates, have you seen the jlrvista sheet? It is the order confirmation I guess that the dealer gets back once the order has been accepted into LR's system? Once my dealer had that, he called me in to go over the specs and make sure the order was correct. Also pointed out the dates, it had the date the order was submitted, the last date of order change, "planned" build date and "planned" delivery time. He made sure that I knew if I wanted any spec changed it had to be before that last date of order change (about a month before build). He also cautioned me about how the dates (for build and delivery) could shift to the right or left. I didn't get the VIN for the car until it hit production but that may vary, not sure.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2012 05:18am by AandM1228.)
03-10-2012 05:17am
J77

Impatience is when your car arrives on the 29th December and you can't get it because everything is closing down for new year. I spent new years day looking through the fence of my dealers compound at my car, so close but so far. Eventually collected on 18th January.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2012 10:17pm by J77.)
03-10-2012 10:15pm
LonnyGer

(03-10-2012 10:15pm)J77 Wrote:  Impatience is when your car arrives on the 29th December and you can't get it because everything is closing down for new year. I spent new years day looking through the fence of my dealers compound at my car, so close but so far. Eventually collected on 18th January.

Oh dear, this could also happen to me, build date according to system informations is the 7th of December Shocked.

Ordered: 04.07.12
Build Date: 30.10.12
Day of collection: 28.11.12 ( the wait is almost overVery Happy)

Car Spec: 5d,OG,dynamic,Black Roof, fully loaded
04-10-2012 10:18am