Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Deadline for my order Looming !!!!
holloway41

Deadline for my order Looming !!!!

Hi

I have until Friday at 12 to confirm my order , and have a dilemma please helpConfusedConfused

So far :- Pure SD4 auto, Firenze red , Black pan roof , ebony interior , tech pack, front spot lights, electric seats,

My dilemma... alloys Dealer has offered 18" silver alloys painted black or just 18" silver alloys .....Agh

Please your advice would be great
22-02-2012 10:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Deadline for my order Looming !!!!

Just go for the standard alloys, painted ones soon show stone chips and small scratches and will look tatty in a short time. This also gives you time to look around for something that is manufactured in black and a set of genuine 18" alloys to sell on to help recoup the cost of the black ones

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 22-02-2012 10:23pm by XFullFatTim.)
22-02-2012 10:21pm
holloway41

(22-02-2012 10:21pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Just go for the standard alloys, painted ones soon show stone chips and small scratches and will look tatty in a short time. This also gives you time to look around for something that is manufactured in black and a set of genuine 18" alloys to sell on to help recoup the cost of the black ones

Thks for that , must admit i thought they would scuff, just don't like the Range Rover 20" blk ones Wink
22-02-2012 10:29pm
caroline11000

I'd go with the standard myself!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
23-02-2012 10:20am
Evo-king

Standard for me, Black might look good on a Fuji, but if they are painted there's more chance of damage, scrapes and flaking, which means more effort keeping them pristine.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
23-02-2012 12:18pm
MartinP

Standard for me as well. I saw some black ones on a Fuji that was in need of a wash and they did not look very good at all.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
23-02-2012 01:32pm
Cedric

One more dilemma, get the xenons Wink
23-02-2012 09:37pm
lulu101

Get the Xenons Very Happy

Delivered , Pure 5 door in fuji , SD4 Auto, 19" style 4 sparkle wheels, almond/espresso interior, tech pack, xenon headlights, fog lamps, rear camera, park assist, folding mirrors and mats, and last minute addition of Privacy Glass Very Happy
23-02-2012 10:00pm
Sarcastrix

I love black alloys however the problem is (if you're OCD like me) after a while the tyres side walls go grey and then the combination looks a little odd, unless you want to black your tyres every week.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
24-02-2012 08:26am
WorldTraveler

Get the Xenons !!!! Smile

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
24-02-2012 12:03pm