5 Door Dynamic
5 Door Prestige
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Coupe or 5 door - Poll
PhilSkill

RE: Coupe or 5 door - Poll

Both look stunning, but I think the coupe looks a little squashed at the rear from some angles, that plus the practicality made me go 5 door, As for Dynamic that was sealed when I saw the Pure next to a Dynamic at Evoque live... Just thought the Pure was a little plasticy round the bumpers and the live leather (seemingly since improved) was none too nice in the Pure, having seen the Pure at the dealer launch it now looks fine.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
14-09-2011 02:06pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DynamicRRV

The "squashed" look is why I personally went for the Dynamic Coupe Lux.
14-09-2011 02:20pm
Zermatt Vulgaris

80% 5 door ...!

At this rate LR will be running out of door handles ....

honestly thought it would be a 2/3 to 1/3

Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2011MY Zermatt Silver Range Rover Sport HSE 3.0 TDV6
(This post was last modified: 14-09-2011 03:29pm by cjfp.)
14-09-2011 03:18pm
ytshome

I think both look great, if I had to pick one on looks alone it would be the coupe but given the extra practicality and the fact that its still a looker it's the 5 door which gets my money. In fact when I went to the Halewood Factory site last night I saw a large number of Evoques for the overseas markets and the largest number were 5 doors models

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
14-09-2011 03:27pm
Barneyridge

(14-09-2011 02:06pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Both look stunning, but I think the coupe looks a little squashed at the rear from some angles, that plus the practicality made me go 5 door, As for Dynamic that was sealed when I saw the Pure next to a Dynamic at Evoque live... Just thought the Pure was a little plasticy round the bumpers and the live leather (seemingly since improved) was none too nice in the Pure, having seen the Pure at the dealer launch it now looks fine.

Agree about the squash look, hence the reason I went the 5 door.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
14-09-2011 11:39pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Well there is the small matter of £1000 as well in favour of the 5 door.................... Actually I think both cars look stunning, especially in Fuji. I haven't have a coupe since about 1988/9 when I had a totally unreliable Volvo 480ES, beautiful car let down by horrendous electrical gremlins whenever it rained so it's a nice change from al the lumbering great SUV's I've owned since 1996.
98% of my driving is solo so really 5 doors are unnecessary and the only time I have to carry any loads is when I go to the airport to go to work. My windsurfing gear and mountain bike go out the back on a trailer so even the smallish boot isn't a big issue. Maybe it is the less "squashed" look is what attracts me, I don't know! I'll have to live with the 3 door until the next car comes along.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
15-09-2011 12:17am
Barneyridge

(15-09-2011 12:17am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Well there is the small matter of £1000 as well in favour of the 5 door.................... Actually I think both cars look stunning, especially in Fuji. I haven't have a coupe since about 1988/9 when I had a totally unreliable Volvo 480ES, beautiful car let down by horrendous electrical gremlins whenever it rained so it's a nice change from al the lumbering great SUV's I've owned since 1996.
98% of my driving is solo so really 5 doors are unnecessary and the only time I have to carry any loads is when I go to the airport to go to work. My windsurfing gear and mountain bike go out the back on a trailer so even the smallish boot isn't a big issue. Maybe it is the less "squashed" look is what attracts me, I don't know! I'll have to live with the 3 door until the next car comes along.

True Tim, both are stunning looking car and would be happy with either. The convenience was a big thing and over here the price difference between the two over here is $1,500 AUD (GBP 977)

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
15-09-2011 01:23am
Evoqess

(14-09-2011 01:33pm)memota Wrote:  OK.... just sat my wife down and she basically told me that if I want a coupe to get a sports car. I tried the whole "coupe is faithful to the original design vision" angle but she didn't care. Smile

So, I think 5 door prestige. Voted!

So I sat my husband down and I said "you mind the kids, I'm going to the Evoque launch to sip on red wine". And I did and put a deposit on the Fuji white five door. Twisted Evil
When I returned home the dishes were done and the kids in bed. Good hubby!Wink

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
15-09-2011 01:26am
boxersergio

(14-09-2011 11:14am)DynamicRRV Wrote:  Tim,yours looks stunning mate,absolutely stunning.....have it no other way!!!

I fully agree!!!
There is no question that two extra door handles translates into “practicality”. I for one have been practical all my life, until recently. Giving myself permission to be impractical and a bit selfish has proven to be delightful.
Dynamic Plus SD4 Coupe manual , Fuji White, Velocity Ebony Oxford , Meridian 825W, 20”Style 7, Pano Roof, ETA Jan 12
15-09-2011 02:55am
boxersergio

Naughty Coupe vs Naughty Practical
Both great!!!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

15-09-2011 04:37am