5 Door Dynamic
5 Door Prestige
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Coupe or 5 door - Poll
DynamicRRV

RE: Coupe or 5 door - Poll

Tim,yours looks stunning mate,absolutely stunning.....have it no other way!!!
14-09-2011 11:14am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

I am the opposite from tim if I didn't need the back doors I would have went for the coupe.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
14-09-2011 11:26am
simonc

Prior to seeing them in the metal and test driving them I was fulling expecting to go for a Coupe myself, but I've decided now I'll be going for the 5 door. It still looks great and obviously you get much more practicality than the Coupe.

After seeing / driving them, two things sealed the deal for me: one is the painfully slow access to the rear seats (actually worse than my CLK!); the other was the blind spot in the Coupe which I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere much (though may have just been my particular driving position I suppose). When driving on the motorway and as I was wanting to pull out into the next lane, I would take a glance over my shoulder to check the blindspot and found it very difficult to see what was there - the B pillar is smack where I was trying to look, and the rear window is so small especially at that angle that I felt I wouldn't have confidence that I would see something if it was there. I therefore felt the Blind Spot monitor would be a must have for me if I was to go with the Coupe, which would have pushed the price differential even higher. That along with the practicality benefits of the 5 door made it a no brainer for me.

Dynamic Si4 5dr Orkney Grey, Black Pano, Vortex + Ebony, Keyless Entry, Spare Wheel
Collected 12th March 2012
(This post was last modified: 14-09-2011 05:31pm by simonc.)
14-09-2011 11:35am
memota

So far 76% are 5 doors. Surprised based on the threads I've read in here. Perhaps 5 door buyers are less vocal on the forum....!

Early days yet... keep it coming please!
(This post was last modified: 14-09-2011 12:08pm by memota.)
14-09-2011 12:08pm
ytshome

(14-09-2011 10:02am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  ok so I have a Coupe, but I think if I were ordering today, having seen the 5 door Dynamic in Fuji at LPR last Thursday I would go for that with all the extras I have on the Coupe and get the bonnet changed to a Coupe bonnet with louvres.Don't get me wrong I love my coupe to bits, it looks closer to LRX than the 5 door but the additional practicality with almost the coupe looks might have suited me better. Maybe I should sell up now and re-order............... use the money to pay for the new bonnet!

Well Tim, Having seen a fairly standard Black dynamic 5 door sell for £5,500 over list a couple of days ago that might be an option. Cheers YT

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
14-09-2011 01:20pm
DynamicRRV

Coupe!!!
14-09-2011 01:23pm
memota

OK.... just sat my wife down and she basically told me that if I want a coupe to get a sports car. I tried the whole "coupe is faithful to the original design vision" angle but she didn't care. Smile

So, I think 5 door prestige. Voted!
14-09-2011 01:33pm
Alex

Coupe or 5 door - Poll

I wish we could have gone for a Coupe but it would have been impractical, however in terms of looks the coupe looks a lot sportier and sleek than the 5-door

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
(This post was last modified: 14-09-2011 01:50pm by Alex.)
14-09-2011 01:48pm
Charlie
No Longer Registered

Are you a man or a mouse Memota?
14-09-2011 01:50pm
memota

(14-09-2011 01:50pm)Charlie Wrote:  Are you a man or a mouse Memota?

Whatever you want me to be..... Very Happy

No, she picked my indecision well I suspect, and in her usual insightful way got me to stop ignoring my niggling doubts about the coupe. Also, I always and still like the look of the James May review car - In fact I kinda prefer the 19's it had on it, but will get 20s..... let's not go too far!
14-09-2011 02:03pm