Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Confusion over Nav updates and Nav purchases. Also, speed cameras can be added ;)
Urban Splash

Confusion over Nav updates and Nav purchases. Also, speed cameras can be added ;)

Hi all,

So I have recently found out that with the latest version of the Nav software, its possible to add your own POI's. As such, you can add speed camera info.

As far as I know, Nav software versions to date have been:

3310-110721
3366-120109
3764-120622

On checking, I have version 3366-120109. This version doesn't allow you to add your own POI's.

I took my car in for some warranty work today and the Service staff advised that they wouldn't update the Nav software. They claimed that this is done via the LR website for additional cost. I presume they mean this:

http://www.navigation.com/Evoque_2012/We...en_GB/GBP/

I'm presuming the £200(!) software above only updates the actual maps and not the Nav software version. Question is, has anyone actually got LR to update the Nav software version as part of the Service? Is this something they should be doing? And, has anyone purchased the maps above? If so, I guess roads will be updated, but is there more detail to the maps?

I really only want to update the Nav software to the latest version to add speed cameras!

Cheers

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
02-01-2013 08:50pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MarkLondon

RE: Confusion over Nav updates and Nav purchases. Also, speed cameras can be added ;)

It seems a bit harsh if they have made changes/improvements (other than road layouts) to the software, but won't update it for free during a service.

Arrived Jan 2013 from Hadley Green Arrow Prestige SD4 Manual, Fuji White, Pan Roof, Cirrus/Lunar, Aluminium, Ivory Headliner, A/D, Privacy, Lux Pack, Xenons etc
02-01-2013 10:15pm
Wife's car

RE: Confusion over Nav updates and Nav purchases. Also, speed cameras can be added ;)

This posting sum up my experience of Land Rover so far, they have terrible customer service, as did the dealer I ordered my Evoque from.

The car should be as up to date in all aspects when delivered and at subsequent services.

It's appalling that the sat nav is not kept up to date certainly for the first three years.
02-01-2013 11:50pm
DaveR

Re: Confusion over Nav updates and Nav purchases. Also, speed cameras can be added ;)

Have to agree, they should keep all firmware/software up to date at service time.
02-01-2013 11:53pm
PhilSkill

No Software updates were due at my first year service after specifically asking, I have the first on the list above. I do find no own entered POIs annoying, but dont see why I should pay #200 for an update each year while in Warranty, and when there is little to no info what that #200 even gives you!

Basically you get what it was when you bought it! No upgrades or new features, very poor in todays software world, car manufacturers are way behind on this stuff, theres an opportunity for one to offer free upgrades and new features while in warranty to gain further custom.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
03-01-2013 12:46am
Inges

I bought the latest version of the maps, but I still have version 3366. So no custom POI's or offroad navigation.

Collected: 15.06.2012
Prestige TD4 Santorini Black, Manual, Dyn & Prestige Tech Pack, 825W Sound System, Surround Camera System, Privacy Glass, Adp. Bi-Xenon, Panoramic Roof, Cherry/Ivory

[Image: 166903.png]
03-01-2013 12:50am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Was never this way when I owned RRS's and FFRR's, if there was an update available to the Nav system then the local dealer applied it for free. Sometime I would even find the new DvD/Cd in the glove box with the service book. I suspect it has become a dealer's "nice little earner". I have never kept a Land Rover with satnav more than the length of the warranty so don't know what happened outside the warranty period.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
03-01-2013 06:16am
speary

Considering what Land Rover and other makers charge for Sat Nav I cant believe they want more for updates. I have TomTom western europe on my iPhone and iPad for £50 with free updates (for both). And from what i have read it probably works better than most manufacturers systems

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
03-01-2013 09:02am
Straydox

The lack of updates will be caused by software licencing issues - LR will have bought the map data as a one-time licence. I've had maybe 7 or so cars in the last 10 years all with factory fit satnav and all have wanted a substantial payment for refreshed data. £200 is seriously cheap incidently. Audi only did it for free once and that was when the missing TMC codes were added to the 2nd generation MMI system.

Now these systems are hard-disk based and effectively portable-media free (could be a data download in the dealer) coupled with the system itself being well below average compared with other manufacturers systems that some software updates ought to be free of charge

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
03-01-2013 11:13am
Crabacle

So - to be clear - how would one update the maps with the speed camera info? Surely not manually?
03-01-2013 04:08pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply