Hetherington

Colour choice... Help is needed

SD4 Auto Dynamic LUX
Privacy
Spoiler
Shadow Chrome Alloys
Spare Wheel
Textured Aluminium Trim

Spec sorted but now for the hardest decisions of them all, what colour do I go for exterior and interior. I have narrowed them down to all but two:
Fuji White or Santorini Black? It's my first car so I have got to think practical.
For the interior, I really like the red and black interior however is this going to fade? But then my other option is the lunar? Decisions what ones look best and are practical?

Help is needed
Molly Smile
14-10-2012 12:03pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

RE: Colour choice... Help is needed

Have a look here.

I'm biased though.

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-My-Santor...e-detailer

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
14-10-2012 02:08pm
Hetherington

(14-10-2012 02:08pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Have a look here.

I'm biased though.

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-My-Santor...e-detailer

Thank you for help, love the pictures. What's the red interior like to keep clean? Are scratches easily visible on the black?
14-10-2012 02:52pm
Evo-king

The red is not a problem, I did have some dye transfer, but I had the leather pre treated/protected. I wiped it clean with GTechniq W2 cleaner.

Touch wood no scratches, but I use a high quality wash mitt, and two bucket wash, the rinse bucket has a dirt guard.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
14-10-2012 07:35pm
Kimv

Colour choice... Help is needed

+1

I have a Santorini Black with black/red interior as well. No scratches but I'm sickly careful... Also had some smears on the red part of the leather and my daughter spilled some milk on it which I discovered only a few days after. Wiped it off, not a trace. I also used the Gtechniq Leatherguard.

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
16-10-2012 08:33pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Sorry I have to disagree, Dynamics HAVE to be white so you can see all the little black bits, the bits that don't sctratch like the rest of a black car! And the inside can only be all black. White doesn't show any scratches or swirls and it isn't that bad at showing dirt, unlike black one that need to be washed at least twice a day to look good.
Good comparison here
[Image: bcd6b4da.jpg]
[Image: b44f8cd5.jpg]

White shows up the lines far better
But if you are undecided then you could have this
[Image: file-12.jpg]

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 16-10-2012 10:09pm by XFullFatTim.)
16-10-2012 10:03pm
Craig_d1

And I think Orkney Grey is superb, as gives you a metallic finish, contrasts nicely with the black grilletc and the silver of the alloys/bumper. Top it off with a black contrast roof and viola, a stunner which also hides the dirt well
16-10-2012 10:21pm
LonnyGer

(16-10-2012 10:21pm)Craig_d1 Wrote:  And I think Orkney Grey is superb, as gives you a metallic finish, contrasts nicely with the black grilletc and the silver of the alloys/bumper. Top it off with a black contrast roof and viola, a stunner which also hides the dirt well

Exactly my color combo, except the fact that it's a 5 door Laughing.

Ordered: 04.07.12
Build Date: 30.10.12
Day of collection: 28.11.12 ( the wait is almost overVery Happy)

Car Spec: 5d,OG,dynamic,Black Roof, fully loaded
17-10-2012 06:34am
Evo-king

To be fair my wife made the decision to go for Black, I would happily have bought an Indus, Orkney or Fuji as long as it had Black Contrast Roof.

Tim's Fuji though is prone to roof bulging.

17-10-2012 08:59am
Craig_d1

(17-10-2012 08:59am)Evo-king Wrote:  To be fair my wife made the decision to go for Black, I would happily have bought an Indus, Orkney or Fuji as long as it had Black Contrast Roof.

Tim's Fuji though is prone to roof bulging.

I see a black dynamic every so often doing the school drop off. It does look good(mean and menacing with the sig. Lights). Only problem is you have to spend more time keeping it clean, and it shows the scratches
17-10-2012 09:06am