Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Colour Choice.
Liamjay

Colour Choice.

Hi all,
Sorry if this has probably been covered a thousand times and I know that colour is very subjective too.

I've just ordered a Evoque eD4 SE 2WD and due to exterior trim not being as flash as on the other HSE models etc, I'm just wondering what you all think the best colour is.

I originally chose Black with the Black leather interior but haveing previously had a black car, any little mark scratch and dirt shows up on black, although it does look amazing when clean.

The white I think is the "in" colour, but I think it might be a bit common and a bit too girly if I'm honest, (I know a couple of girls with white ones!)

At the minute I'm drawn to Corris Grey, as I think it's a nice formal posh colour but there's the stone and blue and also green......

Anyone have any opinions!?

Thanks in advance

Liam
06-02-2017 11:25am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Colour Choice.

I had a white Dynamic Coupe then a Zanzibar with Black Pack and Black Contrast roof 5 Door Dynamic, now have a Corris RRS. If you like something a bit different then Waitomo is grey with a ginger/ brown tint in the sun. It is very similar to the old Havana colour. Evoque looks good in most bright colours. I was always told to avoid what are sometimes called "Lifestyle" colours - brilliant Sky Blues, Kermit Frog Greens, dayglo yellows and that sort of thing but it was more for better prices come trade in time than standing out from the herd. I only bought the Zanzibar Evoque because after 2 attempts to steal my White one the local police advised that when I was next changing the car to go for the most extreme/ unusual colour scheme I could find. If your car has an odd colour people tend to notice it, very popular colours don't get noticed by the man on the street.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
06-02-2017 11:55am
RogB

Although white is the current most popular colour choice for any car (for the 3rd year running I think) the trend will be changing soon as it always does. Certain colours suit certain cars.

Some colours though remain pretty timeless, such as black (some love it some hate it) and IMO I think grey is one that will always be in demand and it looks really good on the Evoque.. Especially when coupled with the black pack.

Personally I would go for the Corris Grey

2012 Evoque Pure 5 door - Santorini Black, 20'' style 6 wheels, privacy, fogs, (accident damaged wreck direct from LR approved :rollSmile
2011 Evoque Prestige 3 door - Indus Silver, gloss black 19'' style 5 wheels, privacy, partial black pack.

and a few Freelander 2 over the yearsLaughing
06-02-2017 11:56am
PhilSkill

The Trim on lower spec generally tends to be Silver, so Would choose a contrast like grey.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
06-02-2017 12:03pm
Liamjay

Thanks for the reply guys,

I really wanted the light grey leather too, but having kids I think that's a no go. The LR dealer has told me that the body trim is black and silver so I think black/grey is a good contrast. In that respect.

I've currently got a white BMW which looks brill, but time for a change I think Smile
06-02-2017 12:08pm
Trapdoor

The JLR greys all have a particular colour cast with Corris being a 'blue grey', Scotia being a 'green grey' and Waitomo being a 'brown grey' and Carpathian which is from what I can tell a 'black grey'- all very subtle but being a bit OCD I would HAVE to have a colour that matches/complements the interior.

When I had my MY13 Prestige Lux which had the Cirrus grey leather, I went for Orkney Grey (now sadly discontinued) but because I wanted a different interior in my Autobiography, certainly didn't want 'coal-hole black' (sorry black fans) my choice was limited to ivory or Espresso/ivory which I went for. But that is somewhat 'brown' which is why I elected for Waitomo - and it looks stunning.

Alternative would be to go for the Loire Blue which looks very classy or to be different the Silicon Silver which is a kind of bronze look to it.

I have to say, considering the Evoque is supposed to be a premium vehicle, the interior colour choices are a bit limited IMHO - they could do with having something like the 'BMW Individual' programme

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2017 01:30pm by Trapdoor.)
06-02-2017 01:30pm
Liamjay

Interesting thoughts,

I agree with the coal hole! Haha! If I didn't have kids I would go for the light leather but I'm just thinking, it's going to be a nightmare to keep clean?

But I love the cirrus grey interior.

The Loire blue was also an option but I'm not sure if it looks right on an evoque, maybe a bit too drab?
06-02-2017 02:02pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Black Interior in an Evoque need not look like a coal hole if you also spec the panoramic roof. Apart from brightening up the interior I found that rear seat passengers were always mesmerised by being able to see the trees and clouds through the roof, it also is very well tinted and there is a roller blind as well so the car interior doesn't get that hot on a sunny day and it is far enough back from the driver's field of vision that it isn't distracting as the driver cannot really see out of it.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
06-02-2017 02:10pm
Trapdoor

Can't agree Tim. When my MY13 got smacked up the arse on the M5, I had a black/black/black loaner for 3 weeks (oh, the depression, the misery of having to go out in it) ... even with the pano roof open, on a dreary winters day, it was just, well, depressing.

It also didn't have a heated steering wheel or Adaptive Dynamics which seriously coloured my view of the thing too.

I haven't had a car with a black interior since several BMW's past, and was dead against Mrs T buying her Toyota with a black interior, but its her car ... and the only colour choice for full leather on that model.

@Liamjay ... one of my clients has a Loire Blue SE Tech and when it's clean and in the sun looks stunning. I'd certainly not call it 'drab'. Not many about either.

If you had the leather GTechniq'd and kept on top of it and regularly reapplied the L1, Cirrus would probably hold up OK. After 4 years my seats looked like new, but I did use the excellent Land Rover leather cleaner regularly (but NOT the conditioner as that can actually attract the dirt and dye).

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2017 07:34pm by Trapdoor.)
06-02-2017 07:30pm
benzina

I would have to agree with Tim....I have a black interior with Pano roof and love it. Pano roof floods interior with light, making it instantly light, bright and happy on a dreary day, and black interiors always seem to age better then any other colour.
I have silver exterior with black roof too, and still after 5 years this car is turning heads everywhere.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2017 11:29am by benzina.)
07-02-2017 11:25am