Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Cold in the back.
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Cold in the back.

I think that you will find the numbers in the temperature setting are just that, numbers, and not actual temperatures. There was a warning about ths in the RRS and FFRR owners manual. Makes sense to do it like that so you cannot be sued for the temperature not being 20c when the setting is on 20.........

On US spec cars do the setting numbers come up in Fahrenheit size numbers?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2012 06:28am by XFullFatTim.)
08-05-2012 06:27am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

(08-05-2012 06:27am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I think that you will find the numbers in the temperature setting are just that, numbers, and not actual temperatures. There was a warning about ths in the RRS and FFRR owners manual. Makes sense to do it like that so you cannot be sued for the temperature not being 20c when the setting is on 20.........

On US spec cars do the setting numbers come up in Fahrenheit size numbers?

They could, of course, just go back to a graduated scale or red turning to blue! Good question regarding USA numbering, though - I await the answer to that one with interest!
08-05-2012 09:40am
goldenboi79

Yes, the US ones use Fahrenheit numbers on the temp dials.

2013 Range Rover Evoque Si4 Prestige: 5 Door, Santorini Black, Tan Interior, Cold Weather Package, Park Assist, 20" Style 6 Wheels.

Build date: 21 August 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
19-01-2013 02:48am
AandM1228

Yes, as goldenboi said they do show Farenheit. You can actually select Celcius or Farenheight in settings, when I picked mine up they had it set to Celcius so he quickly showed me how to change it.

IRT the rear vents, I had to close mine off completely and point them down because the air is so cold that blows out. My son says it stays cold in the back for a while but once it warms up it stays comfortable. I decided to look around and see if there was anyway for warm air to blow to the rear and the only thing I have found was the black plastic vents under the driver and passenger seats.

Ordered 23 May 2012, Delivered 26 October 2012
2013 5 door Fuji White, Pure w/Premium and Climate Packages
19-01-2013 08:44am
Michelle

I find the heating crappy altogether. The heater at the drivers feet doesn't seem to work, the other vents aren't very powerful whether I use auto or manual. I use the heated seats to warm up quickly. They are very efficient even on the first setting.

Ordered 8th march: SD4 Prestige auto, Fuji, panoramic roof, Cirrus/lunar interior, rear view camera, blind spot monitoring, Nav,heated front seats
Delivery: 6th December!
19-01-2013 11:02am
The Valeter

I find there is a cool draught in the front if the temp is set below 22c, particularly noticeable yesterday driving from Medway to West Bromich in -3c

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
19-01-2013 11:36am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jdiamond

We have had our Evoque a week, bought it just before the snow came in the UK (great timing :0). We have found the heating to be really good so far. If you want to boost heating for the feet just take it off auto and select the vents you want. Personally I don't care if the dial says 16, 20 or 28, it is just a number, the important thing is that we are comfortable. There are vents under the seats as our passengers found out which seemed to work OK.

When they were first in the car and we were nice and warm at the front they did complain in the back. We found fixed vents in the back of the Dynamic at the side of the rear console. Nothing really came out of them but once we moved the heat into the floor vents everybody got nice and warm. My passengers could feel the heat coming out under the seats in front.

Fuji White Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe Automatic, Black Interior, Panoramic Roof, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Adaptive Headlights, All Round Cameras, Meridian 825w Surround System and......spare wheel

Ordered: 25th November 2012
Delivered: 12th January 2013
19-01-2013 11:47am