babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Cold in the back. - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: My Range Rover Evoque (/Forum-My-Range-Rover-Evoque)
+--- Thread: Cold in the back. (/Thread-Cold-in-the-back)

Pages: 1 2

Cold in the back. - Evo-king - 07-05-2012 08:40pm

Driving back from an outing this evening, through some torrential downpours, 4 adults in the car, I had the heater setting at around 20C.

My son complained it was cold in the back and could I turn up the heat, I raised the settings a couple of notches.

When we got home he said it was freezing in the back.

I read some where else on here that you cannot get it warm in the back. Frustrating if it is the case.

Normally we would not have 4 in the car, but today was just a little adventure and an excuse for a run out.

RE: Cold in the back. - THEMACS - 07-05-2012 09:13pm

(07-05-2012 08:40pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Driving back from an outing this evening, through some torrential downpours, 4 adults in the car, I had the heater setting at around 20C.

My son complained it was cold in the back and could I turn up the heat, I raised the settings a couple of notches.

When we got home he said it was freezing in the back.

I read some where else on here that you cannot get it warm in the back. Frustrating if it is the case.

Normally we would not have 4 in the car, but today was just a little adventure and an excuse for a run out.

Yep, the heater is pretty crap full stop!! In my BMW have it set to 18 and it keeps you warm, in the Evoque it needs to be around 23-24 to give the same warmth!!

RE: Cold in the back. - doug - 07-05-2012 09:46pm

Another reason that the rear vents should be a option in the UK, without the RSE pack.
I wanted them to help keep the back cool. but from what you are saying, are needed to add heat in the rear area (if they can blow out hot air that is).

RE: Cold in the back. - The Valeter - 07-05-2012 09:55pm

Strange that as I have just got back from a trip to Heathrow & coming down the A2 I was cold & it was on 20c with no aircon on so put it up a tadd.
(07-05-2012 09:46pm)doug Wrote:  Another reason that the rear vents should be a option in the UK, without the RSE pack.
I wanted them to help keep the back cool. but from what you are saying, are needed to add heat in the rear area (if they can blow out hot air that is).

I don't have any rear vents in mine Shocked Or is that normal on a Dynamic?

Cold in the back. - Kimv - 07-05-2012 10:00pm

(07-05-2012 09:55pm)The Valeter Wrote:  Strange that as I have just got back from a trip to Heathrow & coming down the A2 I was cold & it was on 20c with no aircon on so put it up a tadd.

I don't have any rear vents in mine Shocked Or is that normal on a Dynamic?

Here it was an option... To have rear vents...
A 100€ option... Some guy thought "let's make it an option because if it's standard it will be 100€ more and we'll lose customers!"

RE: Cold in the back. - cjfp - 07-05-2012 10:06pm

Here it was an option too - until it mysteriously disappeared and it was removed from orders!

RE: Cold in the back. - doug - 07-05-2012 10:09pm

(07-05-2012 10:00pm)Kimv Wrote:  Here it was an option... To have rear vents...
A 100€ option... Some guy thought "let's make it an option because if it's standard it will be 100€ more and we'll lose customers!"

When I first put my order in at the dealers, it was on the price list @£95.00. But was taken off the UK Market Sad

RE: Cold in the back. - Cedric - 07-05-2012 10:40pm

I find it more important to have cold air than hot in the back. Having said that and having paid 200 euro, you'd expect both. Anyways, I will test it when I get mine next week.

Another question would be if you can set the temperature of the cold air to a certain extend, given the fact there is no heat.

RE: Cold in the back. - olde - 08-05-2012 03:36am

Rear heat is one of the items in the online petition, in case you wish to sign it. They are air vents, not heated air vents.
So, basically, they blow at about the same temperature as the metal on the underside of the car.

RE: Cold in the back. - Michelle - 08-05-2012 06:22am

(07-05-2012 10:09pm)doug Wrote:  When I first put my order in at the dealers, it was on the price list @£95.00. But was taken off the UK Market Sad

I ordered them, we'll see if i get them