Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Car Here !! But missing Spec Items!!!
SHAB

The good news is that our Evoque has arrived in Australia and should be ready for collection on Tuesday.

The bad news is the dealer phoned me yesterday to tell me that they have neglected to put on the Heated / Cooled seats and the Blind Spot Monitoring!!

Has anyone else had similar experience? What did the dealer do to calm you down?

At present they have said they can re order it for me but having waited 4 months for this one I dont want to wait for 4 more months.

All info gratefully received.
05-01-2014 12:21am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: Car Here !! But missing Spec Items!!!

Agree with them to use this car for 4 months whilst they order you the correct one.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
05-01-2014 12:31am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartbreakRidge

The missing items are not (to me) minor or cosmetic, so the suggestion to let you use it while the correct one is obtained would be mine too.

MY2014 Pure Plus, Firenze Red, Lunar/Cirrus interior, Climate Care & Vision Assist packages
Built: March 10, 2014 / Delivery Date (three weeks early!): March 26, 2014
05-01-2014 01:03am
Stadt Panzer

Try and make the deal although it could be hard.

The same happened to me and it's not LR (UK) fault, they do not neglect to put on the options you asked for.

All the input comes from the dealership and they would have been able to see the build data before it was even built!!

It sounds more like they messed up to me.

In my case I refused the car and they have now given me a new Evoque to drive until mine turns up.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2014 09:59am by Stadt Panzer.)
05-01-2014 09:53am
BFGEvoqueMan

(05-01-2014 12:21am)SHAB Wrote:  The good news is that our Evoque has arrived in Australia and should be ready for collection on Tuesday.

The bad news is the dealer phoned me yesterday to tell me that they have neglected to put on the Heated / Cooled seats and the Blind Spot Monitoring!!

Has anyone else had similar experience? What did the dealer do to calm you down?

At present they have said they can re order it for me but having waited 4 months for this one I dont want to wait for 4 more months.

All info gratefully received.

If the car is missing parts then it is the dealer that have f***ed up! On my cars the dealer always sends me the screen shot of the Topix pre build print to show me that the car was to be built wih the options specified. If a part is not available (think back to xenon headlights and certain types of paint when due to the awful earthquake in Japan) then the order will be rejected back to the dealer until they have removed the conflict or issue.

Stadt Panzer is quite right, cars are built to order and the dealer order generates the order to the parts suppliers to supply the factory with trim and spec in the right order for the time your car goes down the line. If you ever visit a car factory (regardless of make) then as soon as the body is built and painted then a massive wedge of paper or electronic tag is attached to the car and before it leaves each part of the fit out (electrics, interior, glass etc) process it is check by the supervisor against the required spec, so these things can't happen.

Sadly the reality of the situation is that your dealer has ordered the car you requested and if JLR could not build your spec trim/combination failed to tell you that before the order close off point was reached (normally production minus 4 to 8 weeks depending on manufacturer).

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
05-01-2014 10:28am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Quite agree, it's a dealership cock-up not an LR mistake. Reject the vehicle and as said above request a loan car for the 4 months or whatever it takes them to get you the correct build spec vehicle out to Aus. The dealer will have no problems selling the car to somebody else (probably as a "cancelled order") without the added bits you asked for. You must though stand up for what you ordered. They haven't supplied what you ordered, you have a contract with them for a different car

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
05-01-2014 04:37pm
m_101

I agree. I would be rejecting the vehicle and first saying politely to the dealer that they haven't supplied what you ordered (and, might I add, PAID FOR!) in terms of the extra options. They should be compensating you with having a loan car to drive (really, should be the car that they have ordered for you or similar) until another one can be built which has the right spec.
If they start to say otherwise, direct them towards the Aussie equivalent of the Sale of Goods Act or similar?

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
05-01-2014 06:13pm