Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
CD Player remote
imthebest20

CD Player remote

I have a 2014 pure tech and one thing that's always baffled me of how your supposed to play DVDs, the touch screen doesn't allow you to select anything in the DVD menu and there is no controls on the dash that allow it either.

Does anyone know if the car is supposed to come with a remote or if RR offer one?

My car was a demonstrator and a few things where missing like service book etc so just wondering is this something I should have as I use it quite a lot
22-12-2014 11:33pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: CD Player remote

No, there is no remote unless you have the rear seat entertainment system.

Regarding the service manual/ owners handbook - have you looked in the secret compartment in the top of the glove box? There is a hidden compartment just the right size for the owners literature folder.............. the press button to open it is just below the glove box latch. Unless you have the dual view screen I believe you cannot watch DvD's but I stand to be corrected on that.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-12-2014 12:09pm
bee

(22-12-2014 11:33pm)imthebest20 Wrote:  I have a 2014 pure tech and one thing that's always baffled me of how your supposed to play DVDs, the touch screen doesn't allow you to select anything in the DVD menu and there is no controls on the dash that allow it either.

Does anyone know if the car is supposed to come with a remote or if RR offer one?

My car was a demonstrator and a few things where missing like service book etc so just wondering is this something I should have as I use it quite a lot

no dvd player on the pure , but it will play cds

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
23-12-2014 01:02pm
Wife's car

I have a 2013 pure tech and it plays dvd's.
23-12-2014 02:04pm
imthebest20

CD Player remote

I can play DVDs as I have the tech model but no dual screen. My issue is that there is no way to choose chapter etc in the dvd menu because there is no remote
23-12-2014 02:10pm
Stadt Panzer

I have the 825W system and I can play DVD's when the car is stood still, Duel View will allow you to watch/play them on the move.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
23-12-2014 05:48pm
imthebest20

CD Player remote

(23-12-2014 05:48pm)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  I have the 825W system and I can play DVD's when the car is stood still, Duel View will allow you to watch/play them on the move.

Exactly but how do you select something in the dvd menu, like if you where watching a series and wanted to skip to episode 5
23-12-2014 05:50pm
Stadt Panzer

(23-12-2014 05:50pm)imthebest20 Wrote:  Exactly but how do you select something in the dvd menu, like if you where watching a series and wanted to skip to episode 5

I've done it but sometime ago out of pure boredom (sat in a traffic jam), I'll pop out to the garage tomorrow and see what I remember.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
23-12-2014 05:55pm
Barton Evoque

I have a Pure with standard radio it plays Dvd's

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
23-12-2014 07:46pm