Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
CAR magazine side by side 2.2 Dynamic & XF 2.2
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

CAR magazine side by side 2.2 Dynamic & XF 2.2

Quite an interesting informal comparison between the two cars in their monthly "our cars" section.
Evoque is deemed to have better ride in its normal suspension mode (appears that CAR are under the impression that you only get magneride when you press the Dynamic switch) than the XF, better electronics ( they have the all singing and dancing PortfolioXF) BUT their parting comments on the Evoque is that unlike the XF it s a car of it's time and could date " faster than yesterday's news" I seem to remember the motoring press saying te same if the TT, and it hasn't died yet, nearly 10 after launch.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 21-09-2012 10:17am by XFullFatTim.)
21-09-2012 10:16am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

RE: CAR magazine side by side 2.2 Dynamic & XF 2.2

I think thats a bit like them wanting to be able to say "I told you so" In reality every time I see an Evoque on the road it stands out design wise from everything else on the road and I've never seen people stop and point and stare at a car so much (that isn't a supercar)
21-09-2012 11:44am
speary

I am sure the Evoque design has longevity, otherwise why would Land rover push the new FFRR in that direction (sloping roofline, lights, dashboard etc)
In comparison to the TT, I remember seeing the TT in concept form at the British motorshow and unbelievably the production model was virtually unchanged. what a sucess that was. I think the same will apply to the Evoque.
Congrats to Land Rover for having the balls to put into production essentially a design concept.
shame they didnt do that for the RRS, that concept looked a bit like the Evoque, many years ago

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
21-09-2012 12:54pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Actually the original RRS was a 2 door Coupe called Range Stormer ( it has pride of place just inside BMIHC) and apart from sprouting 2 more doors the final RRS wasn't that much different from the styling exercise.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
21-09-2012 01:48pm
stiggy

For what it's worth my business partner has both an XF (3.0 V6 diesel) and a Prestige SD4 and he takes the Evoque when he has a long journey stating that the Evoque has a better ride and is more comfortable. And obviously he doesn't have the AD fitted on the Evoque ...

5 door Dynamic SD4, Orkney Grey, 20" shadow alloys, contast and pano roof, tints and 40 plus grand lighter!
24-09-2012 12:41pm
x5pea

be as well compairing a monkey and a fish.
24-09-2012 02:22pm
wavey.dave

Had some windows fitted Friday. The fitters were swooning all over the Evoque. Described by one of them as the best looking car on the road.

[Image: 143277.png]
24-09-2012 08:17pm
speary

(21-09-2012 01:48pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Actually the original RRS was a 2 door Coupe called Range Stormer ( it has pride of place just inside BMIHC) and apart from sprouting 2 more doors the final RRS wasn't that much different from the styling exercise.

I dont think the production RRS looked much like the Stormer, even with 4 doors

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
25-09-2012 01:30pm