Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bye Bye Evoque
mark_n

Bye Bye Evoque

Well, it turns out my SVR is coming sooner rather than later so my Evoque (Si4 Dynamic Coupe) ownership is drawing rapidly to a close.

It's been very good overall, just one warranty item and a failed battery due to back-level software. No rattles, squeaks or anything like this.

Financials...

Getting a reasonable trade in of £24700 which reflects the fact the car needs a 3 year service, two new tyres and two wheel refurbs, £17640 depreciation in 3 years, 60 pence a mile.

During those 29600 miles, I've spent £7,006.06 on petrol, so 24 pence per mile fuel cost.

Maintenance, including those now overdue items, has been £2003 - 3 services and three tyres - or 6.7 pence per mile.

Therefore, excluding purchasing finance costs, my Evoque has cost 31 pence per mile excluding depreciation and 91 pence per mile including it.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
09-01-2015 07:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Bye Bye Evoque

Enjoy your RRS Mark, post some pictures of it for us slow coaches to enjoy! My
FA57 RRS plate is still on retention......

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
09-01-2015 09:09pm
mark_n

(09-01-2015 09:09pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Enjoy your RRS Mark, post some pictures of it for us slow coaches to enjoy! My
FA57 RRS plate is still on retention......

Thanks Tim, I think whoever buys my Evoque as next owner will be more than happy with it. By the time it's fully valeted, they will be hard pressed to see many signs of use.

What's evident is that factory fit options contribute nothing to resale. The pano roof and powered tailgate do but beyond that, nothing. If you have an options bundle such as "Lux", that will contribute. So options I included like surround cameras, adaptive Xenons and real spare wheel count for nothing. Makes me wonder at the wisdom of adding £10k of options to the SVR but I intend to keep that car for a long time.

Still, it's exciting, I think the SVR breaks new ground and since I cannot abide the Cayenne - even as a Porsche enthusiast - it's the best game in town.

Mark

09-01-2015 09:48pm
Nowaytk

Congratulations Mark, must be nice knowing you will finally get your sport, I think you've been waiting longer than me, and that's too long. Will be interesting to see how big your grin will be with that fabulous SVR, I had a test drive of the S/C, and thought that was an astounding bit of kit with a soundtrack to match, can't imagine it being better, very envious.

evoque now gone, but not forgotten, on to bigger and better things
09-01-2015 10:44pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I enjoyed both the Mk1 RRS's I owned, especially the TDv8 but the prices now are becoming unrealistic, having said that I would love an SVR! My hankering now is for an AWD F type, for Scotland the Coupe makes more sense but I could live with a soft top. I managed life with a TVR 450SEAC for 18 months back in the 80's - it was a handful and I could've use it if the road was damp as all the power spun out of the back wheels even on light throttle setting, but I never left the road backwards through a hedge in it like so many powerful TVRs do!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
10-01-2015 06:39am
m_101

Tim I think my next car will probably be a jaaaaaaag, either the new cx-17 or a 4wd f-type coupe with the pano roof (probably the SUV when it comes along) - weirdly they seem to be better built than LRs.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
10-01-2015 10:53pm
timhum

We're looking to change our Evoque for something larger so have just rented a RRS 4.4 V8 for 11 days for one of our trips to Geneva. Superb vehicle and reasonably economic 30.6 mpg over 1700 miles; 33mpg cruising at 80mph and 27/28 around town. I was concerned about the size of the vehicle but soon got used to it although you have to look carefully for parking spaces. Drawback; list prices is £83 ish even a decent 3.0l is going to be close to £70k. next step is to try a LR Disco Sport. seems to a decent amount of space and bit less expensive but am not sure whether I should wait for the new engines to appear.
BTW the Evoque continues to rack up the miles and remains rattle free and reliable.

Tim
Evoque SD4 Pure Tech, Auto, Orkney, Panoramic roof, dipping and folding mirrors
10-01-2015 11:19pm
mark_n

Good you like the RRS, I doubt the SVR will get anywhere close to 30 mpg. As my figures show, depreciation is still much more than running costs for my petrol Evoque and I expect the SVR to be the same only more so with heavy depreciation.

I paid £1.059 for petrol today, it will be a shock when we get back to £1.40!

The length of the RRS is significantly greater than the Evoque, taller too, and stand the two side by side and the RRS appears huge.

Mark

10-01-2015 11:41pm
Chrisr1806

May I ask what you mean by "decent"? My SDV6 was £65k with options.

Arrived: MY14.5 RRS HSE SDV6 in Loire Blue, Ivory interior, piano black trim, privacy glass,
panoramic sunroof, tow bar, mudflaps and full size spare Cool

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black, 19" Alloys, ebony interior,
piano black trim & grab handles, privacy glass, lux pack, rear spoiler, mudflaps and tow bar Very Happy
11-01-2015 12:22am
timhum

Sorry, by decent spec I should have qualified myself and added Dynamic. From what I've read HSE Dynamic seems to be considered the optimal specification in order to get the best of the handling and road holding although I'd be pleased to be proved wrong. Additionally the 10 month waiting list is a disincentive to place an order together with the fact that the Evoque will probably drop another £5k in that period of time.

Tim
Evoque SD4 Pure Tech, Auto, Orkney, Panoramic roof, dipping and folding mirrors
11-01-2015 09:55pm