Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Build dates....
Rossy100

Build dates....

Since ordering my Evoque in November, I have been regularly assured by my dealer that I will have it by the end of June. I have not yet had a build date however and see that some people are now getting such dates for June. If my dealer is telling the truth, when should I be receiving my build date? Now? Or might it still be a few weeks off?

Thanks as always for your help!
19-03-2012 09:50pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ED209

RE: Build dates....

Who knows, there seems loads of variables at play.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
19-03-2012 09:51pm
RacingSnake

As above... But I dont think I would be expecting a build date just yet for a June delivery.... end of April/May I would imagine.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
19-03-2012 09:59pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
johnboy

(19-03-2012 09:50pm)Rossy100 Wrote:  Since ordering my Evoque in November, I have been regularly assured by my dealer that I will have it by the end of June. I have not yet had a build date however and see that some people are now getting such dates for June. If my dealer is telling the truth, when should I be receiving my build date? Now? Or might it still be a few weeks off?

Thanks as always for your help!
I ordered mine on the 6th Nov, and I have been given a build date of 16th May, and delivery about the 26th May and about a week after that for collection, so you should have a build date by now, go and hassle them to see what is in the holding pool

On order, delivery May 2012 Fuji White SD4 Man, Tech Pack, Privacy Glass, Pano roof, Fogs, Lux Mats, power tailgate, puddle lamps, Auto dimming rear view mirror, 19" Style 4: Mud flaps: Xenons, rear camera: Dog Guard by Travall: Boot Liner. Delivered 29/05/12
20-03-2012 08:34am
hondafreak

(20-03-2012 08:34am)johnboy Wrote:  I ordered mine on the 6th Nov, and I have been given a build date of 16th May, and delivery about the 26th May and about a week after that for collection, so you should have a build date by now, go and hassle them to see what is in the holding pool

I ordered mine at 6th November in Switzerland and still have no build date. My dealer told me delivery woul be around end May - June.

Never had one issue yet...very reliable car!

Fuji White, 5dr Prestige SD4 - Auto, Shadow Chrome 20" Style 7 Wheels, Winter Pack, Ambiance-Oxford
leather interior (ivory-espresso color),Rear Camera Parking Aid, Power Tailgate
21-03-2012 12:47pm
timslim

I ordered mine first week November, and told June for delivery. As it has ended up, will collect from dealer Saturday. Was only given a build date at the start of March, and probably wouldnt have been given that if I hadnt had another reason to talk to the sales guy.

Dynamic Si4 Santorini Black, with Ebony interior. Collected 24th March Smile
21-03-2012 01:14pm
caroline11000

(21-03-2012 01:14pm)timslim Wrote:  I ordered mine first week November, and told June for delivery. As it has ended up, will collect from dealer Saturday. Was only given a build date at the start of March, and probably wouldnt have been given that if I hadnt had another reason to talk to the sales guy.

Great news timslim Very Happy

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
21-03-2012 02:45pm
timslim

(21-03-2012 02:45pm)caroline11000 Wrote:  Great news timslim Very Happy

Thanks Caroline, just wish it was the same for some other forum members on here - they seem to have been waiting for a lifetime!

Dynamic Si4 Santorini Black, with Ebony interior. Collected 24th March Smile
21-03-2012 03:00pm
Rossy100

Build dates....

Interestingly I had an email from dealer yesterday to ask if I would be able to take delivery in May IF (and apparently is a big if) they were able to sort for then. As it happens, I don't want delivery until June as my current car isn't due to go back until then and don't want to be paying for 2 cars!! Upon questioning though, apparently I still don't have a build date..... So no idea what is going on. If there is a chance of May then I would hope June is a cert!!!
21-03-2012 03:12pm
Donny Dog

(21-03-2012 03:12pm)Rossy100 Wrote:  Interestingly I had an email from dealer yesterday to ask if I would be able to take delivery in May IF (and apparently is a big if) they were able to sort for then. As it happens, I don't want delivery until June as my current car isn't due to go back until then and don't want to be paying for 2 cars!! Upon questioning though, apparently I still don't have a build date..... So no idea what is going on. If there is a chance of May then I would hope June is a cert!!!

That would be true if the one you get in June is the same build slot. If they've got a 'spare' slot in May (a cancellation perhaps?) and they sell that car to someone else, it might have no effect on your June build slot/delivery either way. Maybe you could ask them if they would hold on to the May built one until you collect it in June - if they won't, that would suggest it's not the same car.
21-03-2012 03:39pm