babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Build dates.... - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Build dates.... (/Thread-Build-dates)

Build dates.... - Rossy100 - 19-03-2012 09:50pm

Since ordering my Evoque in November, I have been regularly assured by my dealer that I will have it by the end of June. I have not yet had a build date however and see that some people are now getting such dates for June. If my dealer is telling the truth, when should I be receiving my build date? Now? Or might it still be a few weeks off?

Thanks as always for your help!

RE: Build dates.... - ED209 - 19-03-2012 09:51pm

Who knows, there seems loads of variables at play.

RE: Build dates.... - RacingSnake - 19-03-2012 09:59pm

As above... But I dont think I would be expecting a build date just yet for a June delivery.... end of April/May I would imagine.

RE: Build dates.... - johnboy - 20-03-2012 08:34am

(19-03-2012 09:50pm)Rossy100 Wrote:  Since ordering my Evoque in November, I have been regularly assured by my dealer that I will have it by the end of June. I have not yet had a build date however and see that some people are now getting such dates for June. If my dealer is telling the truth, when should I be receiving my build date? Now? Or might it still be a few weeks off?

Thanks as always for your help!
I ordered mine on the 6th Nov, and I have been given a build date of 16th May, and delivery about the 26th May and about a week after that for collection, so you should have a build date by now, go and hassle them to see what is in the holding pool

RE: Build dates.... - hondafreak - 21-03-2012 12:47pm

(20-03-2012 08:34am)johnboy Wrote:  I ordered mine on the 6th Nov, and I have been given a build date of 16th May, and delivery about the 26th May and about a week after that for collection, so you should have a build date by now, go and hassle them to see what is in the holding pool

I ordered mine at 6th November in Switzerland and still have no build date. My dealer told me delivery woul be around end May - June.

RE: Build dates.... - timslim - 21-03-2012 01:14pm

I ordered mine first week November, and told June for delivery. As it has ended up, will collect from dealer Saturday. Was only given a build date at the start of March, and probably wouldnt have been given that if I hadnt had another reason to talk to the sales guy.

RE: Build dates.... - caroline11000 - 21-03-2012 02:45pm

(21-03-2012 01:14pm)timslim Wrote:  I ordered mine first week November, and told June for delivery. As it has ended up, will collect from dealer Saturday. Was only given a build date at the start of March, and probably wouldnt have been given that if I hadnt had another reason to talk to the sales guy.

Great news timslim Very Happy

RE: Build dates.... - timslim - 21-03-2012 03:00pm

(21-03-2012 02:45pm)caroline11000 Wrote:  Great news timslim Very Happy

Thanks Caroline, just wish it was the same for some other forum members on here - they seem to have been waiting for a lifetime!

Build dates.... - Rossy100 - 21-03-2012 03:12pm

Interestingly I had an email from dealer yesterday to ask if I would be able to take delivery in May IF (and apparently is a big if) they were able to sort for then. As it happens, I don't want delivery until June as my current car isn't due to go back until then and don't want to be paying for 2 cars!! Upon questioning though, apparently I still don't have a build date..... So no idea what is going on. If there is a chance of May then I would hope June is a cert!!!

RE: Build dates.... - Donny Dog - 21-03-2012 03:39pm

(21-03-2012 03:12pm)Rossy100 Wrote:  Interestingly I had an email from dealer yesterday to ask if I would be able to take delivery in May IF (and apparently is a big if) they were able to sort for then. As it happens, I don't want delivery until June as my current car isn't due to go back until then and don't want to be paying for 2 cars!! Upon questioning though, apparently I still don't have a build date..... So no idea what is going on. If there is a chance of May then I would hope June is a cert!!!

That would be true if the one you get in June is the same build slot. If they've got a 'spare' slot in May (a cancellation perhaps?) and they sell that car to someone else, it might have no effect on your June build slot/delivery either way. Maybe you could ask them if they would hold on to the May built one until you collect it in June - if they won't, that would suggest it's not the same car.