Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Brodit ProClip for Evoque
Coolbanana

RE: Brodit ProClip for Evoque

Installed a Brodit ProClip for my iPhone today, very simple to install - took all of 1 minute!

The car looks better without it but I'm happy to trade a little aesthetics for convenience since I do like to refer to my emails when stopped in traffic or access an App.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
29-01-2012 04:22pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evoquer

Thanks Coolbanana for posting pics! Looks neat.

Q1. How did you place the phone holder to the ProClip base?
Q2. Is the phone holder coming with ProClip? If so, is the holder adjustable? I am using an iPhone case so I need extra space.

Evoque Coupe, Pure, Fuji white, Ebony, Climate Pkg, and US Pure Premium pkg

[Image: event.png]
29-01-2012 05:32pm
Coolbanana

(29-01-2012 05:32pm)Evoquer Wrote:  Thanks Coolbanana for posting pics! Looks neat.

Q1. How did you place the phone holder to the ProClip base?
Q2. Is the phone holder coming with ProClip? If so, is the holder adjustable? I am using an iPhone case so I need extra space.

Q1: The Brodit system is in two parts; the car-specific attachment and the phone-specific attachment. The Phone attachment is an adjustable swivel base that fixes to the car attachment via 4 screws. You purchase them together.

Q2: You purchase two parts from Brodit, one for the car you have and other for the phone you use and put them together yourself however the holder itself isn't adjustable for width. That said, the iPhone 4 part is designed for an iPhone 4 with case. I don't use a case and find the iPhone 3 attachment is a snug fit for the iPhone 4...my wife has the iPhone 4 version in her Mini and it needs the phone to have a case on it in order fit properly.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
29-01-2012 05:56pm
olde

I saw about 20 different mounting bracket manufacturers at the Consumer Electronics Show two weeks ago. The best (premium) brackets for the Evoque, in my opinion, come[/align] from this company: http://www.iqsmartsolutions.com/index.as...anguage=en

You have to email them direct to purchase in North America, although I think they have dealers as well in other countries. I personally don't like to have to attach anything to the back of my phone to make it stay attached to the universal mount, so I went with the one that has the 3M-sticky-tack material to hold your phone onto the mount.

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
29-01-2012 05:58pm
jewel-r

(15-01-2012 08:06pm)Evoquer Wrote:  This might be helpful for someone who needs gadgets on the road. Would it break the Evoque aesthetics?

Brodit ProClip for Land Rover Range Rover Evoque
Yes it would spoil the flow of centre console.....as it's so wide I think you would end up banging your knees on it
29-01-2012 06:58pm
Coolbanana

(29-01-2012 06:58pm)jewel-r Wrote:  Yes it would spoil the flow of centre console.....as it's so wide I think you would end up banging your knees on it

Perhaps a large passenger; people who have their legs tight up against the console. I've sat in the passenger seat and it doesn't get in my way at all.

Agree re the flow, it is a trade off. The Brodit mount just unclips though so easy to remove if needs be but very sturdy for phone use.

I've used Brodit mounts in my last 3 car's - this is the first where it isn't mounted higher up on the dash and I avoided the console mount option previously but here I've decided to give it a go.

(This post was last modified: 29-01-2012 07:58pm by Coolbanana.)
29-01-2012 07:05pm
gibbyd

Brodit ProClip for Evoque

(29-01-2012 04:22pm)Coolbanana Wrote:  Installed a Brodit ProClip for my iPhone today, very simple to install - took all of 1 minute!

The car looks better without it but I'm happy to trade a little aesthetics for convenience since I do like to refer to my emails when stopped in traffic or access an App.

Like this holder and was thinking of putting it above the leather part of dash on the other side of steering wheel and also getting the one with a power lead attached. Need to see phone for Tom Tom.
13-02-2012 10:32pm
BluePete

(13-02-2012 10:32pm)gibbyd Wrote:  Like this holder and was thinking of putting it above the leather part of dash on the other side of steering wheel and also getting the one with a power lead attached. Need to see phone for Tom Tom.

Have you managed to put one to the side of the steering wheel, was thinking that'd be a good place. Can we have Pics please if you have.
27-03-2012 08:48pm
smayo

I've used the Brodit mounts on my last 3 cars as well, and can highly recommend them.

The only problem I would point out (and it might not affect Evoques) is that because there is only 1 current mounting option from Brodit, it puts any phone and/or sat nav very close to the radio.
Since anything that uses a sim card emits what I know as a "honk" (i think its checking for signal or something) regularly, this has in the past for me at least caused interfernce with the radio evrytime it "honked", with my old Astra VXR.

On my current car there were 3 mounting point options and I was able to mount to the front drivers side A-Pillar, which I found much better. Almost completely out of the way for my forward view but close to look at from time to time as well.

Ordered 17/2/12 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Mauritius Blue, Pan roof, 20" style 6 (gloss black), Vortex, Ebony Headlining, Ent Pack, Heated St. Wheel, Homelink, Pr Glass, Auto Dim r.view mirror, spare wheel
27-03-2012 09:49pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

You cannot mount it to the Evoques A Pillar as there is an airbag stuffed inside it!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
27-03-2012 10:35pm