Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bottom Of The Surveys Again!!
THEMACS

Just read that LR has been voted the least reliable manufacturer again with 71% reporting at least one breakdown a year for vehicles over 3 years old!!

Best make sure we get rid before the 3 years are up before it explodes!!!!!!

Very Disappointing indeed, I thought they would be moving up!!!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
26-07-2012 10:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

RE: Bottom Of The Surveys Again!!

It's difficult to believe the Evoque will follow te trend. Apart from a slightly glitchy iPod connection, my car has been perfect.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
26-07-2012 10:55pm
PhilSkill

Indeed, what report, what cars are included LR have many older cars out there from harder times, the Fl2 and Evoque have a pretty sound drivetrain in ford engines and volvo gearbox so would like to think this will be a much more reliable car... but time will tell.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
26-07-2012 11:18pm
Kentboy

Don't forget its more complex than a Nissan MicraLaughing

Evoque Prestige SD4, Barolo Black contrast white roof, Ambiance Upholstery with Figured Macassar wood insert, Privecy glass, Lux Pack, 20" Style 6 Alloys, Spare Wheel. Ordered 10th March estimated completion date 6th July.
27-07-2012 07:55am
Coolbanana

I'd not be terribly surprised to see LR as being down the Table really since not only are LR's more complex, but many will be put to much harder use than your typical family saloon. While LR's are made for hard use, they also need additional maintenance to keep them this way and many owners try and do this on the cheap with used parts, longer intervals than recommended etc once they are beyond their warranty period.

I suppose the individual models and their results will tell a better story - newer FL2's, FFRR, RRS and RRE's ought to be ok overall given their typical user. Disco's and Defenders will be used for more rigorous work and older models of these and older FFRR's used off road will, inevitably, need greater maintenance to keep them going.

Let's see your average Survey Table-topping car used as hard as a Defender and see how few issues it has!

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
27-07-2012 08:46am
PhilSkill

And how many cheap cars have been consigned to the bin for every repair of a LR.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
27-07-2012 08:59am
J77

Out of 4 LRs I have owned only one has given me problems. I tend not to take much notice of these surveys. As a die hard LR fan I am used to being at the bottom so comes as no surprise. Someone with a problem car will always shout louder than someone with a good one.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
28-07-2012 07:41am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The big shock will be if Land Rover ever gets to the top! I'm with J77 on this, 9 LR's down the line since 1996 and only one ever broke down and that was on the way to the dealership to collect a new one! The LR deemed most unreliable by most, the Defender, has been, in my experience, the most reliable car I have ever owned (generalyl I don't keep mine for more than 2 years although my last RRS went right to the end of its factory warranty before I changed it). The 90 has never left me stranded at the roadside or on the top of a mountain up to it's axles in mud. Anything that has failed has been because I have broken it driving into trees or rocks. It's 16 years old now and 78,000 miles on the clock. It only gets basic servicing annually due to its low annual mileage but compared to many Defendersit has a pampered lifestyle! It got a new battery this year, it's first replacement since 1996 and in 2007 it had a replacement galvanised chassis because the original started to evaporate into brown dust in too many places. That has been its sole upkeep for 16 years and it has at least another 20 years life in it. Sustainable or what?
Apart from the odd recall or niggly rattle or the breakdown above, I've never had an unscheduled visit to the dealer's service bay in any other LR or RR I have owned. I have twice had to call LRA out for electronics problems that were fixed at the roadside within 20 minutes of the call to LRA - I don't consider them to be notable breakdowns and any modern car could have suffered the same fate. The most unreliable car I have ever owned was a Volvo 480ES, it always filled up with water and in 6 attempts to drive from Scotland to Kent it never ever made it south of Forton Services on the M6 - never, it ended up 6 times in the service bay of the Morecombe Volvo dealers being dried out and new ECU's being fitted while I continued my journey at Volvo's expense by train to Kent!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 28-07-2012 09:45am by XFullFatTim.)
28-07-2012 09:36am
3V0QU3

(26-07-2012 10:39pm)THEMACS Wrote:  71% reporting at least one breakdown a year for vehicles over 3 years old!!
There are a lot of very old Land Rovers about, and many of them are worked harder then any other vehicle, so I wouldn't read too much into this.

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige Lux + AD + Black Roof Lining + Heated Steering Wheel
Arrived 27/03/12
Very Happy
28-07-2012 08:48pm
IKM

Original Freelander (early models and well before Ford) had a few minor niggles, principally clutch, but all were sorted during first year of warrranty.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
(This post was last modified: 28-07-2012 08:53pm by IKM.)
28-07-2012 08:53pm