Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Black Pack wheels changed ???
Simplesimon

RE: Black Pack wheels changed ???

(24-11-2014 06:23am)whRed5 Wrote:  I added black pack to my order back in October and was sent official JLR notification regarding the wheel style change to consider before I confirmed the addition by my dealer.

So it's official the black pack nine spokes are no more, TBH I'm glad I think the black 5 split spokes look much better.

Hi Red.
On reflection. I think I agree with you!
Having compared the 2 over the weekend, I prefer the 5 split spokes. The nine spoke somehow look like a third party wheel!
No disrespect intended to anyone that has them btw!Embarrassed
24-11-2014 07:27am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
whRed5

(24-11-2014 07:27am)Simplesimon Wrote:  Hi Red.
On reflection. I think I agree with you!
Having compared the 2 over the weekend, I prefer the 5 split spokes. The nine spoke somehow look like a third party wheel!
No disrespect intended to anyone that has them btw!Embarrassed

This is not a great picture but this is my evoque (collecting this week) during build with the 5 spokes
[Image: wheels.JPG]

and here is part of the notification from my dealer,
[Image: BlackPack.JPG]
24-11-2014 07:48am
Simplesimon

Very nice.
I bet you are excited!!

I wonder why I never had a notification as mine was ordered in October!!
24-11-2014 09:34am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I bet Land Rover is being forced to change as they have run out of the old Diamond Cut wheels that were never very popular on Evoque. They took all the remaining wheels, sent them to a wheel refurber and got them sprayed black.................. if anybody is looking for two diamond cut chrome effect 9 spoke wheels I have two that I bought by accident - IIRC they were called style 8 on Evoque and Stormer style on RRS1

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
24-11-2014 09:55am
Simplesimon

Well I called into the dealership on my way home from work today. To ask a few questions!
They had no idea at all that the wheels on black pack had been changed!Rolling Eyes
Also enquired about the new HUD display. And was told that it is an option from December!!
I asked if I decided to have it. Could I add it before my lockdown date. He said the order couldn't be changed now even though their orders aren't submitted to the factory until next week!

Doesn't seem quite right. Considering they gave me a delivery date of February/ March next year!!Confused
(This post was last modified: 24-11-2014 05:40pm by Simplesimon.)
24-11-2014 05:32pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Personally I think the dealership is being unreasonable, however don't forget that there will be a long Xmas/ New Year holiday and LR are also getting Disco Sport ready for a Janauary launch which will have priority build slots over Evoques for a while. When I ordered my first Evoque the spec was locked down in March 2011 for August 2011 build and 8th September 2011 (launch day) delivery! My current one was locked two weeks before the original build date but then the build got put back from October 2013 to November to January to February and it finally rolled off the end of the production line in mid-March 2014! BUT I was still able to change parts of the spec even during that long delay and I did - it went from being an Ipanema Sand with Ebony Plus pack to Zanzibar with Tan Plus Pack and I added some options that came in with the change of model year too I also wanted to change from an SD4 to an Si4 but that one change couldn't be done! Usually spec lock down is aound 4 weeks before build.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 24-11-2014 06:01pm by XFullFatTim.)
24-11-2014 05:58pm
Simplesimon

What do you think about the HUD (heads up display) Tim?
Do you think it is just a gimmick?
Can't seem to find anything about it on here!!
(This post was last modified: 24-11-2014 06:34pm by Simplesimon.)
24-11-2014 06:33pm
Stadt Panzer

Black Pack wheels changed ???

Waste of money in my opinion, not forgetting you also need the solar windscreen option, it's a gimmick. Does anyone really need HUD? If that was the case then get rid of the whole instrument panel!

Somewhere in the North Sea.
24-11-2014 07:30pm
Tony

Agree, waste of money.

The BMW X4 M Sport I drove a couple of months ago had HUD, did'nt notice it until the salesman pointed it out, I thought it was a dirty windscreen!.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
24-11-2014 07:41pm
Simplesimon

Well that's that sorted!!
24-11-2014 07:50pm