Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Black Pack wheels changed ???
Simplesimon

RE: Black Pack wheels changed ???

(22-11-2014 11:47pm)Tony Wrote:  Two Evoques, Dynamic plus and Dynamic Lux. Aluminium pedals standard on both evoques, although on the configurator it said extra for the second vehicle, same with illuminated tread plates. Aeroflip standard on the first and listed standard on the second (sales invoice), although configurator said extra. Second car came with aeroflip, dealer tried to charge for it - I said B0110cks, take it off and don't leave any marks! - result no charge. Black wheels, I got mine powder coated at wheel company 200 metres up the road from the dealer, result £280 as opposed to £2k from LR. Both cars came standard with numerous rattles and badly fitted pieces of trim, the first could not hold a battery charge and the second with a totally sh17 gearbox, NO mention of that on the configurator, sales brochures or from the dealer!.

Well that's put my mind at rest!
I will sleep well tonight!! Wink

I can't find the Prozac in the configurator. Maybe it's in the first aid box!!
(This post was last modified: 23-11-2014 09:00am by Simplesimon.)
23-11-2014 01:40am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stadt Panzer

Black Pack wheels changed ???

(22-11-2014 10:00pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I don't think the aluminium pedals have ever been standard, illuminated thread plates have always (up to now!) been standard on Dynamics.

Standard on both my Evoque's, and standard on the one I have on order.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
23-11-2014 10:18am
Sarcastrix

(22-11-2014 10:00pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I don't think the aluminium pedals have ever been standard,

Standard on mine too, I think they screwed you Tim Twisted Evil

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
23-11-2014 12:42pm
Tony

(23-11-2014 01:40am)Simplesimon Wrote:  Well that's put my mind at rest!
I will sleep well tonight!! Wink

I can't find the Prozac in the configurator. Maybe it's in the first aid box!!

Not all gloom and doom, we are on first name terms with the LR Assist guy and the local tow truck operator has put us on his Christmas card list.

Last week we took a trip across to Applecross for lunch, 180 mile round trip, single track roads, steep climbs and a lot of stops for photos, only spoilt by the gearbox allowing the engine to scream away. However did achive 41.8 mpg for the trip, which as anyone who has driven that road will know is very good.

For a moment there was a temptation to give it a shove over the edge!

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
(This post was last modified: 23-11-2014 12:55pm by Tony.)
23-11-2014 12:51pm
Simplesimon

(23-11-2014 12:51pm)Tony Wrote:  Not all gloom and doom, we are on first name terms with the LR Assist guy and the local tow truck operator has put us on his Christmas card list.

Last week we took a trip across to Applecross for lunch, 180 mile round trip, single track roads, steep climbs and a lot of stops for photos, only spoilt by the gearbox allowing the engine to scream away. However did achive 41.8 mpg for the trip, which as anyone who has driven that road will know is very good.

For a moment there was a temptation to give it a shove over the edge!

Thank goodness for that. I came that close to slitting my wrists last night!

Definitely going to add the 'Anger management lux pack' though. I think its a must!!Confused
23-11-2014 01:07pm
Tony

(23-11-2014 01:07pm)Simplesimon Wrote:  Thank goodness for that. I came that close to slitting my wrists last night!

Definitely going to add the 'Anger management lux pack' though. I think its a must!!Confused

On the roads I have access to the Evoque is very good, could do with a decent V6 but that ain't going happen. Also given the roads here I would not consider a none Dynamic Evoque, the Freelander is/was a better choice.

The second Evoque has proved a lot more ecconomical and the engine seems more willing, switched into Dynamic mode on the climbs, twists and turns it can leave a lot on more powerful cars standing and still return good mpg. It is let down by poor build quality i.e. creaks/rattles, software glitches and a lot of cabin road noise on anything but smooth roads.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
23-11-2014 01:34pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Oppppps I have aluminium pedals too and I've checked through photos of my last dynamic and it had them too...........

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-11-2014 07:35pm
Simplesimon

(23-11-2014 01:34pm)Tony Wrote:  On the roads I have access to the Evoque is very good, could do with a decent V6 but that ain't going happen. Also given the roads here I would not consider a none Dynamic Evoque, the Freelander is/was a better choice.

The second Evoque has proved a lot more ecconomical and the engine seems more willing, switched into Dynamic mode on the climbs, twists and turns it can leave a lot on more powerful cars standing and still return good mpg. It is let down by poor build quality i.e. creaks/rattles, software glitches and a lot of cabin road noise on anything but smooth roads.

Thanks Tony.
Well the creaks and rattles can't be anything as bad as the Toyota RAV4 I have at the moment!!

Tim. I think you need to go to specsavers!!Surprised
23-11-2014 08:57pm
Redrob

On that subject, I went to Specsavers today and you're never guess who I bumped into.................

Everybody! Laughing

MY13 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY14 Dynamic 5 door Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY15 Dynamic Lux Fuji White Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc.
23-11-2014 09:14pm
whRed5

(22-11-2014 12:16pm)Simplesimon Wrote:  Like most of you I'm sure. I keep going back to rebuild the car I have on order.
And have noticed that they have changed the black pack wheels from the 9 spoke to the 5 split spoke 504's!!
Unless there is an option to have either. But personally I prefer the 9 spokeSad

Going to contact dealer yet again to get confirmation regarding this!!

I added black pack to my order back in October and was sent official JLR notification regarding the wheel style change to consider before I confirmed the addition by my dealer.

So it's official the black pack nine spokes are no more, TBH I'm glad I think the black 5 split spokes look much better.
24-11-2014 06:23am