Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Bike rack and roof rails and panoramic roof
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Bike rack and roof rails and panoramic roof

hfu1, the rear seats in some models of Evoque don't fold totally flat

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2011 09:29am by XFullFatTim.)
12-10-2011 01:09am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
memota

(12-10-2011 01:09am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  hfu1, the rear seats in some models of Evoque don't fold totally flat

Which ones do / don't? I wasn't aware of this
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2011 09:30am by XFullFatTim.)
12-10-2011 01:15am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Well my Dynamic Plus rear seats don't fold completely flat

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
12-10-2011 09:30am
Barneyridge

Just get ripped off, get a tow bar and get a removable bike rack attachment. My mate just did $10,000 AUD damage driving into the garage with the bike still on the roof Sad

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
12-10-2011 09:41am
VirtualCamper

This is what I plan to do, fit a tow bar bike rack that is! Not drive into garage with bike on roof! Thule do a very nice tow bar fitting bike rack code no 909 or the 9503 also sold in Halfords.

Question: does anyone have the official land rover roof cross bars for their evoque? And how thick are the bars, I want to fit a top box and don't want to have to buy special fixing bolts...........
Thks

2017 Evoque SE Tech - Kaikoura Stone - > PREVIOUSLY - 5dr Pure Mauritius blue with panoramic roof, power tailgate.
04-03-2012 07:00am
Rich23

(03-10-2011 12:45pm)VJD Wrote:  Has anyone tried to put a bike in the boot of an Evoque? I held off on roof rails for the time being as I'm hoping to put the bike inside (don't want my nice road bike getting bugs and other such nasty thing all over it). I am able to get it inside my Freelander I without taking off the front wheel, and with the front wheels off and seats pushed down I can get 3 in my Freelander .. so I'm hoping that I can fit the bike inside with the back seats down, without or (better) with the front wheel on...

I'd also like to know if a bike will fit into the boot with the back seats down. Planning to do this when mine arrives later this month (fingers crossed!?)
04-03-2012 09:08am
ChuckieB

(04-03-2012 07:00am)VirtualCamper Wrote:  Question: does anyone have the official land rover roof cross bars for their evoque? And how thick are the bars, I want to fit a top box and don't want to have to buy special fixing bolts...........
Thks

See this thread http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-LR-bespok...ze-profile

Edited by moderator to add the link

In short you should be alright for the wide "U" clamps for the likes of top boxes, I have a Karate, but bike carrier type clamps are too small. Not sure about the "Eagle claw" type clamps (I think ExigeJoe has commented on this).

Thule also do a "T" bar conversion which can convert from "U" clamps but I think it could be a bit more fiddly to fit the box.
Karrite! Bloody predictive text on my IPad!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2012 10:09am by XFullFatTim.)
04-03-2012 09:35am
VirtualCamper

Thanks Chuckie[/color]

2017 Evoque SE Tech - Kaikoura Stone - > PREVIOUSLY - 5dr Pure Mauritius blue with panoramic roof, power tailgate.
04-03-2012 09:57am
Coolbanana

(04-03-2012 09:08am)Rich23 Wrote:  I'd also like to know if a bike will fit into the boot with the back seats down. Planning to do this when mine arrives later this month (fingers crossed!?)

Well, I have a Giant ATX 880 MTB (small) and a Bianchi Sempre Athena Road Bike (53cm) and with the quick-release wheels off, either will go in with one seat down no problem. I have boot protection to catch dirt from bikes and dog so that's not an issue.

I've always removed one or both wheels when transporting my bikes for the last 20-odd years from my racing day's onwards - so fast to reassemble it isn't a problem. However, looking at it, with the seats down it looks like I could pop the MTB in with both wheels on. I'll have to try - I'd do it now, but the car is tucked away in the garage away from the rain Very Happy

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
04-03-2012 10:23am
eastrnma

(04-03-2012 07:00am)VirtualCamper Wrote:  Question: does anyone have the official land rover roof cross bars for their evoque? And how thick are the bars, I want to fit a top box and don't want to have to buy special fixing bolts...........
Thks

I'd be interested in seeing the LR Roof Rails... also any photos of Luggage Carrier LR006848?? It wasn't shown in the Accessory video posted in this thread.
11-03-2012 01:14am