Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Blind spot
mark_n

RE: Blind spot

The mirrors are good when reversing though...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
06-06-2012 07:48am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
speary

I dont mean to be rude people, but if you know it causes a blind spot then double check before you pull out. Many cars have blindspots to varying degrees, you just need to learn where it is and drive accordingly.
Simples!!! Smile

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
06-06-2012 08:03am
stiggz

I don't seem to experience this problem. Unless they are little people.

But I am 6ft 4 so the top of the mirrors are well below general sight on either side. That's with the seat as low as it goes also.

Although yes, once you learn a cars blind spots, you should really be training yourself to always expect something to be there

Very Happy Fuji White, SD4, Contrast Black Roof w/ Panoramic glass, Tech Pack, Keyless Entry, Adaptive Dynamics & 20" Style 6 Wheels Very Happy
06-06-2012 02:41pm
agusta22

(06-06-2012 08:03am)speary Wrote:  I dont mean to be rude people, but if you know it causes a blind spot then double check before you pull out. Many cars have blindspots to varying degrees, you just need to learn where it is and drive accordingly.
Simples!!! Smile

No offense taken, but it does take time for drivers to realize the issue. Especially when its a new car. Thumbs Up
(06-06-2012 02:41pm)stiggz Wrote:  I don't seem to experience this problem. Unless they are little people.

But I am 6ft 4 so the top of the mirrors are well below general sight on either side. That's with the seat as low as it goes also.

Although yes, once you learn a cars blind spots, you should really be training yourself to always expect something to be there

I'm 5' 8" about average for a male. So i could argue that you are a giant compared to the ROW.

Average height around the world

2012 Dynamic
2010 GT3
Mini
[Image: flag.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2012 03:01pm by agusta22.)
06-06-2012 02:48pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

(05-06-2012 12:11am)Straydox Wrote:  I've found that having the seat raised a little enables me to see over the top of the mirror and that gets around the problem for the most part.
Yes this also worked for me, I'm 5ft 7", also having the seat back a little more upright than one might have in a boy racer BMW helps

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
06-06-2012 06:29pm