Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Battery Management System software upgrade
Filski

Battery Management System software upgrade

Well the flat battery is probably an effective barrier to car theft Wink

It's a concern to me because there is no power supply in our garage - no trickle charger. And it's easy to get out of phone range in Australia so what happens if stuck in the bush?
17-02-2013 07:41am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jitenc

RE: Battery Management System software upgrade

(17-02-2013 07:41am)Filski Wrote:  Well the flat battery is probably an effective barrier to car theft Wink

It's a concern to me because there is no power supply in our garage - no trickle charger. And it's easy to get out of phone range in Australia so what happens if stuck in the bush?

This is what you can do... Check this out...

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/photo/2011-...245161.htm

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
17-02-2013 07:59am
scrannel

When I bought my '05 Corvette it was the most troublesome year for battery deaths. I installed this device because we often left for the summer and the car sat. You can read how it works -- and it does as described. My car was also a CANBUS system. I haven't looked into it for the Evoque as I just took delivery and not sure I really have an issue. Obviously leaving it on a charger is best, but if (as some have mentioned) they don't have power in their garage...

http://www.botachtactical.com/priorstarpro.html

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
17-02-2013 10:37am
Evo-king

I've just been looking around the web for car batteries and in particular the AGM type.

Looking at 6 different suppliers, the Evoque does not feature in their list of cars for battery replacement!!

How long has the Evoque been on sale? 18 months, I suppose suppliers aren't expecting and battery fault yet.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
(This post was last modified: 17-02-2013 10:50am by Evo-king.)
17-02-2013 10:50am
Sarcastrix

As i've posted before, in Sweden they've upgraded the battery to 80amp/h IIRC - mine still goes flat every 2 weeks like clockwork.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
18-02-2013 10:29am
RacingSnake

(18-02-2013 10:29am)Sarcastrix Wrote:  As i've posted before, in Sweden they've upgraded the battery to 80amp/h IIRC - mine still goes flat every 2 weeks like clockwork.
Shocked Shocked Shocked

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
18-02-2013 10:47am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wife's car

The battery issue is a Land Rover problem, they are the ones who should be sorting it out. We pay over £30k for a car that cannot hold it battery charge then I would suggest that the vehicle and specifically the battery are not fit for purpose.

What are Land Rover going to do about it?

Maybe Liam can help, although I note he has not responded in forum to your request for help full fat tim
18-02-2013 02:30pm
Evo-king

Liam is looking into it, I e-mailed him yesterday, and he responded today.

He is aware of Tim's problem.

Watch this space.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
18-02-2013 09:48pm
PhilSkill

Watching Evoking, not had any problems with mine at all, but interested to know as i'd heard there were issues with too high a quiescent current from some suppliers electronics... known as a problem to LR. Doubt they are keen to recall and replace them though, and worries me once this is out of warranty suddenly upgrading this stuff will be at cost if not done because no issue has shown up yet, just because I only leave it 5 days max before using, except for the odd 10 day stint.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
18-02-2013 11:57pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I can confirm that Liam is onto it and has been in contact. I googled the problem and it's quite a well known issue - several of the motoring
magazines seem to have suffered a similar issue with their test cars

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 19-02-2013 10:07am by XFullFatTim.)
19-02-2013 10:06am