Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Automatic clock change
Bill

Automatic clock change

With the recent change from daylight saving hours I would have thought the clock would have changed automatically, but not the case. I had to do it manually. I have not found on this site or in the manual if this change can be automated, any ideas?

Now with Dynamic TD4, 5 door, Kaikora Stone, manual, tech & comfort packs
01-04-2015 06:39am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Turbolover

RE: Automatic clock change

Me too. Changed manually.
01-04-2015 07:15am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Yes unfortunately it is another pieces of technology where LR lags behind the industry. The only Land Rover that I have owned that had an automatic change between LT and ST was a Freelander 1 that had the optional LR branded CARiN nav system, even the very expensive Range Rover Vogue I had I had to manually change to Summer Time and on Sunday in my new Sport it's the same. Why LR doesn't add the software to do it I don't know as every car that leaves the factory has an FM radio and most have a navigation system, both of which can operate a clock............

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2015 07:59am by XFullFatTim.)
01-04-2015 07:58am
Alflavor

Automatic clock change

It's a shame when you pay so much money that such a basic thing as the clock cannot auto update! At least it's easy enough to change though.
05-04-2015 09:30am
MarkA_

Automatic clock change

Auto changing is more complex than you might think. Different countries constantly change daylight saving rules so it would need an Internet connection to keeping up today for all markets.

Now: MY14 Dynamic Mauritius Blue/Contrast Pano, IP, BP, PIP, Powered Tailgate, IncontrolR+S, etc.
History: '08 BMW 123d MSport Coupe, '01 Mini Cooper, '91 BMW 316i, '96 Mitsubishi FTO, '96 Mazda 323, '88 Holden Camira
05-04-2015 02:52pm
Stadt Panzer

My wife's Renault Captur updates it's clock from the connected iphone, automatically!!!

And it cost a lot less than my Evoque......

Somewhere in the North Sea.
05-04-2015 04:28pm
WorldTraveller-II

(05-04-2015 02:52pm)MarkA_ Wrote:  Auto changing is more complex than you might think. Different countries constantly change daylight saving rules so it would need an Internet connection to keeping up today for all markets.

Cant see why they cant use the GPS to determine location, then a simple algorithm using the offset from GMT & Date to determine the correct time for your current location ?

Sloppy Coding if you ask me ...
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2016 10:01am by WorldTraveller-II.)
01-02-2016 10:00am
Donny Dog

(05-04-2015 02:52pm)MarkA_ Wrote:  Auto changing is more complex than you might think. Different countries constantly change daylight saving rules so it would need an Internet connection to keeping up today for all markets.

It's RDS, isn't it? It wouldn't be hard, at least in the UK - all my other RDS radios change time automatically.
01-02-2016 03:49pm
bee

I recon it should bee automatic, but not a big deal to change manually.

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
01-02-2016 09:00pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

In October I noticed that even the clock on my new washing machine and new cooker changed without my assistance........... both cost less than my iPhone as well! Even my £7.50 Sainsburiy's kitchen clock has a radio receiver in it and changes automatically between UTC and Summertime, yet my £69,000 RRS with built in everything from DAB radio to GPS navigation and InControl cannot make the change without a human hand pressing the buttons to make the clock change........

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
01-02-2016 10:44pm