babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Automatic clock change - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Tips & Tricks (/Forum-Tips-Tricks)
+--- Thread: Automatic clock change (/Thread-Automatic-clock-change)

Pages: 1 2

Automatic clock change - Bill - 01-04-2015 06:39am

With the recent change from daylight saving hours I would have thought the clock would have changed automatically, but not the case. I had to do it manually. I have not found on this site or in the manual if this change can be automated, any ideas?

RE: Automatic clock change - Turbolover - 01-04-2015 07:15am

Me too. Changed manually.

RE: Automatic clock change - XFullFatTim - 01-04-2015 07:58am

Yes unfortunately it is another pieces of technology where LR lags behind the industry. The only Land Rover that I have owned that had an automatic change between LT and ST was a Freelander 1 that had the optional LR branded CARiN nav system, even the very expensive Range Rover Vogue I had I had to manually change to Summer Time and on Sunday in my new Sport it's the same. Why LR doesn't add the software to do it I don't know as every car that leaves the factory has an FM radio and most have a navigation system, both of which can operate a clock............

Automatic clock change - Alflavor - 05-04-2015 09:30am

It's a shame when you pay so much money that such a basic thing as the clock cannot auto update! At least it's easy enough to change though.

Automatic clock change - MarkA_ - 05-04-2015 02:52pm

Auto changing is more complex than you might think. Different countries constantly change daylight saving rules so it would need an Internet connection to keeping up today for all markets.

RE: Automatic clock change - Stadt Panzer - 05-04-2015 04:28pm

My wife's Renault Captur updates it's clock from the connected iphone, automatically!!!

And it cost a lot less than my Evoque......

RE: Automatic clock change - WorldTraveller-II - 01-02-2016 10:00am

(05-04-2015 02:52pm)MarkA_ Wrote:  Auto changing is more complex than you might think. Different countries constantly change daylight saving rules so it would need an Internet connection to keeping up today for all markets.

Cant see why they cant use the GPS to determine location, then a simple algorithm using the offset from GMT & Date to determine the correct time for your current location ?

Sloppy Coding if you ask me ...

RE: Automatic clock change - Donny Dog - 01-02-2016 03:49pm

(05-04-2015 02:52pm)MarkA_ Wrote:  Auto changing is more complex than you might think. Different countries constantly change daylight saving rules so it would need an Internet connection to keeping up today for all markets.

It's RDS, isn't it? It wouldn't be hard, at least in the UK - all my other RDS radios change time automatically.

RE: Automatic clock change - bee - 01-02-2016 09:00pm

I recon it should bee automatic, but not a big deal to change manually.

RE: Automatic clock change - XFullFatTim - 01-02-2016 10:44pm

In October I noticed that even the clock on my new washing machine and new cooker changed without my assistance........... both cost less than my iPhone as well! Even my £7.50 Sainsburiy's kitchen clock has a radio receiver in it and changes automatically between UTC and Summertime, yet my £69,000 RRS with built in everything from DAB radio to GPS navigation and InControl cannot make the change without a human hand pressing the buttons to make the clock change........