Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Auto Head Light Off when turn signal is on. Any one else facing the same issue?
gabhishekanand

Auto Head Light Off when turn signal is on. Any one else facing the same issue?

2013 Evoque Prestige Trim.

When the auto head lights are on during day( LED's) and say we put on the left turn indicator.. the Auto LED headlight on the left side goes off until the blinker is turned off, same thing happens with the right side. Is this normal?

Just noticed this on the reflection of my evoque in the car in front of me.
10-05-2013 12:00am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wavey.dave

RE: Auto Head Light Off when turn signal is on. Any one else facing the same issue?

(10-05-2013 12:00am)gabhishekanand Wrote:  2013 Evoque Prestige Trim.

When the auto head lights are on during day( LED's) and say we put on the left turn indicator.. the Auto LED headlight on the left side goes off until the blinker is turned off, same thing happens with the right side. Is this normal?

Just noticed this on the reflection of my evoque in the car in front of me.

Yeah, its supposed to do that, nothing to worry about. I think its to make the indicator more visible.

[Image: 143277.png]
10-05-2013 12:38am
gabhishekanand

RE: Auto Head Light Off when turn signal is on. Any one else facing the same issue?

(10-05-2013 12:38am)wavey.dave Wrote:  Yeah, its supposed to do that, nothing to worry about. I think its to make the indicator more visible.

Learnt something new today.. THank You
10-05-2013 01:31am
speary

That is the correct operation in the USA but in europe the corresponding LED just dims. If you can connect to the cars ECU via the OBD2 port with the right software you should be able to disable it. I know you can do that sort of thing with Audi

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
10-05-2013 07:55am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I have noticed that Audis that have Halogen headlights with DRL's ( yes there appear to be some around!) don't have dipping DRLs which makes their turn indicator lights particulately hard to see, especially if they have also upgraded the lamps to those ultra powerful whiter than white aftermarket replacement bulbs

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2013 09:03am by XFullFatTim.)
10-05-2013 09:03am
speary

(10-05-2013 09:03am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I have noticed that Audis that have Halogen headlights with DRL's ( yes there appear to be some around!) don't have dipping DRLs which makes their turn indicator lights particulately hard to see, especially if they have also upgraded the lamps to those ultra powerful whiter than white aftermarket replacement bulbs

Generally Audis with Halogens have ordinary tungsten DRL bulbs which are nowhere near as bright as LED DRL's so probably dont need to dim or go off
Also all new cars from a certain date (cant quite remember what is wes) have to have DRL's whethar HID or Halogen, so not that rare

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
13-05-2013 08:24am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It was after February 2013 Speary, and it wasn't all new cars, it was all new homologations so new model year cars weren't effected only completely new designs - next year all new launch cars will be required to have TPMS as well!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-05-2013 09:27am