Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are you sure you are insured?
Tony

RE: Are you sure you are insured?

(14-02-2013 09:21pm)Wifes car Wrote:  Land rover insurance what a joke, 56yr old 25 yrs no claims, decent post code, no convictions......quoted £1470
Even the woman who quoted me was shocked !!!

Comparison websites quote me between £300 and £480 same vehicle and details.

LR Insurance, 40 years ncb, no convictions, low post code, self and wife to drive £300

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
15-02-2013 11:41am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

LRI 56yo no claims in 20 years two named drivers, one 85 years old, GBP 210 rural postcode

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
15-02-2013 12:47pm
Teetree

Are you sure you are insured?

(15-02-2013 11:41am)Tony Wrote:  LR Insurance, 40 years ncb, no convictions, low post code, self and wife to drive £300

Why the massive differences?? I'm 37 no points etc £2500!I think not! I don't live in a bad area either but even if I did there would never be any justification for this ridiculous price. They must obviously be after a certain set combination of answers that sounds desirable to them.
Do we have a definitive list yet of insurers willing to cover the pano roof under "glass" claims thus not affecting our no claims? I'm with Allianz at the moment and their policy wording looks favourable and I've asked over the phone also. However for me their renewal isn't very competitive circa £700

Fuji Pure SD4 Auto 5door, powered tailgate, front sensors, rear camera , pano roof, heated steering wheel, front fogs, xenons, spare wheel, 19" diamond turned alloys
(This post was last modified: 15-02-2013 01:18pm by Teetree.)
15-02-2013 01:06pm
THEMACS

In response to the title of this thread, Are you sure you are insured?, Yes thank you, I have a Policy at home that states quite clearly that our Vehicle is Comprehensively Covered, I would suggest anyone who doesn't should rectify this immediately as this is against the law, if you use it on a public highway! Thank You and in future make the title fitting of the actual issue!!!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
(This post was last modified: 15-02-2013 02:10pm by THEMACS.)
15-02-2013 02:07pm
enigma

I contacted Land Rover insurance and asked if the pano roof was covered within the glass section and also would I be insured against misfuelling. I was told no to both.
Both of these items have been discussed within the forum, it was these discussions that prompted me to ask the questions.
I am suprised that LR insurance do not include these two things
16-02-2013 11:36am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Mis- fuelling has never been covered by LRI in any of its guises, since I've been insuring with them they are under their 3rd ownership. The change to not covering the panoramic roof must be quite recent as my insurance with them ( possibly not due for renewal in March in light of this) at resent does cover it.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 16-02-2013 01:16pm by XFullFatTim.)
16-02-2013 01:15pm
Ranger4

(16-02-2013 11:36am)enigma Wrote:  I contacted Land Rover insurance and asked if the pano roof was covered within the glass section and also would I be insured against misfuelling. I was told no to both.
Both of these items have been discussed within the forum, it was these discussions that prompted me to ask the questions.
I am suprised that LR insurance do not include these two things

That's what I found last year with the panoramic roof, very surprised also, so I went with LV.....

5 door, SD4 Auto, Dynamic LUX, Orkney Grey, Verve Interior, Ebony Headlining, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel......
16-02-2013 01:16pm
Evo-king

Be very careful with the Pano Roof issue.

I would not be surprised if all insurers try to shy away from this.

When discussing this with your insurer as well as reading through the policy details (small print), some insurers will look at this as a sunroof, some wont, after all it is a fixed glass roof. There aren't many insurance policies that aren't this specific.

Then there is the confusion, when reading glass and windows cover. Is the Pano Roof Covered under this or not?

Finally, how are you confirming or checking your quotation or renewal, by letter, by the internet or over the phone?

What I'm trying to point out here is that there are sure to be those of us who think we are covered only to be caught out by the small print if and when the time comes to make a claim.

I know when my next renewal comes around I will be reading all the policy documentation provided.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
(This post was last modified: 16-02-2013 06:19pm by Evo-king.)
16-02-2013 06:16pm
Evogirl

Spoken to Esure today re insurance for my car due in two weeks, I asked if the pano roof was covered under windscreen or general car cover....the guy obviously hadn't been asked this before but went and spoke to his manager then came back and said its covered under windscreen.

I shall have this written into my policy when I take it out.
16-02-2013 06:49pm
Evo-king

Thumbs Up Good for you.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
16-02-2013 06:51pm