Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Apparently Major Further Delay Issue.
fam1x

RE: Apparently Major Further Delay Issue.

never mind.....

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
17-11-2011 02:30pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bash18uk

I phoned up my dealer (Liverpool) and was told that the original order call for 21st November has now been further delayed. No order call will be made in November as previously anticipated but is more likely to be December now. Then further 3 months before delivery of the car...fuming isnt the word. I ordered my car in April and my order still hasnt gone in!!!!!!
17-11-2011 02:34pm
ED209

(17-11-2011 02:34pm)bash18uk Wrote:  I phoned up my dealer (Liverpool) and was told that the original order call for 21st November has now been further delayed. No order call will be made in November as previously anticipated but is more likely to be December now. Then further 3 months before delivery of the car...fuming isnt the word. I ordered my car in April and my order still hasnt gone in!!!!!!

Bloody hell man, hope this is not true.

There does seem to be a lot of conflicting info flying about though.
17-11-2011 03:29pm
Daigriff

My build date is 25th November I really hope it happens!!!

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
17-11-2011 03:35pm
xxxx5

(17-11-2011 02:34pm)bash18uk Wrote:  I phoned up my dealer (Liverpool) and was told that the original order call for 21st November has now been further delayed. No order call will be made in November as previously anticipated but is more likely to be December now. Then further 3 months before delivery of the car...fuming isnt the word. I ordered my car in April and my order still hasnt gone in!!!!!!

Same as me. Enough is enough, off to have a look at other cars tomorrow.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
17-11-2011 04:55pm
bash18uk

(17-11-2011 04:55pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  Same as me. Enough is enough, off to have a look at other cars tomorrow.

Did you order yours at Liverpool?! Anyone else order theres at Liverpool?! Seems like months and months are going by but nothing is changin.
17-11-2011 05:16pm
is21

(17-11-2011 03:35pm)Daigriff Wrote:  My build date is 25th November I really hope it happens!!!

So do I !!! (build date 28th November, but meanwhile I am afraid to ask my dealer for confirming... )

TD4 Dynamic, Fuji, 5dr, Contrast-, Pano-roof, Xenon, Style6 alloys, Vortex, Ebony Headliner, Privacy,...-arrived
17-11-2011 05:17pm
ED209

I just wish that some definite 100% info would come to light from JLR. Is there being an order call or not? is production stopping or not? Is there a problem with 5 doors or not?

When am i going to get a delivery date? when am i going to get my car?

I know its not the dealers fault but I am getting cheesed off with the whole negativity around the evoque. I am tempted to go and have a look at some alternatives over the weekend and then keep a look out on such sites as drivethedeal for an immediate delivery car that would suit me.

For example the other day they had a Q5 on there for immediate delivery with over 3k off list. Only trouble was it was solid black paint. I really want the evoque but the stress of wondering when and if it might arive is something i can do without.
17-11-2011 05:22pm
mark_n

In the absence of any additional information about this line shutdown, I think we should assume it's a false alarm. After all, it's not the first time a dealer will speak from a position of complete ignorance.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
17-11-2011 06:47pm
The Valeter

All I was told today from that dealer was that LR didn't want to explain exactly what the issue was, he went on to say that the reason for this could well be something relatively small like the Xenons, 5 doors etc that we all know about although annoying or it could be something much bigger that they simply don't want to tell about.

Hopefully in reality it is nothing else to worry about.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
17-11-2011 07:12pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply