Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone tempted by the new RRS?
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Anyone tempted by the new RRS?

Scanned, to keep running when those missiles hit you will need a Defender........ Once one of NK's nuc's land it will be one of the few cars that doesn't have it's electronics wiped out by the EMP after the explosion, but not if it is one of the later versions, has to be a TDi300 or Series as they have no electronics whatsoever, which s why the British Army buys new Defenders and re-engines them with TDi engines instead of the latest one. It's also why the US Marines buy them.......... In preference to Hummers

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
04-04-2013 05:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

(04-04-2013 12:35pm)griff Wrote:  Totally agree. I'm still a BMW fan and may buy the new 4 wheel drive 3 series touring if they up the engine.

Won't they all be petrol versions or is a diesel in the offering?

I only ask as the Wife wants the 4 Series Coupe.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
04-04-2013 08:36pm
griff

Anyone tempted by the new RRS?

2 litre diesel I believe
04-04-2013 08:42pm
slee18

(04-04-2013 05:52pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Scanned, to keep running when those missiles hit you will need a Defender........ Once one of NK's nuc's land it will be one of the few cars that doesn't have it's electronics wiped out by the EMP after the explosion, but not if it is one of the later versions, has to be a TDi300 or Series as they have no electronics whatsoever, which s why the British Army buys new Defenders and re-engines them with TDi engines instead of the latest one. It's also why the US Marines buy them.......... In preference to Hummers

We cant get hummers any more Smile

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
05-04-2013 11:53pm
IKM

So should I consider buying an outgoing HSE Black edition at £52,995 or buy the new RRS HSE or even SE later this year? Your views appreciated please.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
05-04-2013 11:58pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

That's a hard one IKM, I'm sure there will be some good deals on the outgoing RRS BUT
the hard bit will be getting the spec you want as production will be slowing down. I would recommend a call to James at Hadley Green for advice - the newbie is a huge leap up in price and it does not have the low ratio gear box as standard unless you go for the Dynamic version of the new one. If you want a new RRS in September I have had it on good word that if you don't order when the order book open in a couple of weeks you won't get one until Christmas or even into 2014 so many expressions of interest have been taken on the new car.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2013 09:39am by XFullFatTim.)
06-04-2013 07:23pm
IKM

Thanks Tim. Contrary to some posts on here I'm finding significant depreciation on the Evoque beginning, and therefore if I'm going to get my first RRS then now might be the right time. Standard spec on the outgoing HSE plus extended leather pack etc suits me well. By the time I spec Adaptive Dynamics etc on the new RRS it'll probably go outwith my budget ....and my Evoque will be worth even less. Food for thought tonight and tomorrow!

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
06-04-2013 09:23pm
BeemerBoy

do want .... but at mid 70's its 30k more than the evoque.... thats a whole lot of money!

SD4 - Orkney Grey - Dynamic Coupe Lux: ebony leather, style 8, black panoramic roof, satin brushed and gloss black interior, aeroflip, adaptive xenons
07-04-2013 07:18pm
DaveR

Re: Anyone tempted by the new RRS?

Same for me, I could be tempted but the price differential for a spec similar to my Evoque is just too great.
08-04-2013 07:33am